+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Fun4All
  • 1 Post By Stormon

Thread: Warfronts unbalanced?

Default Warfronts unbalanced?

I haven't done enough warfronts to notice this but I was told by another player that at times you can be outnumbered in a warfront. That is, the opposing side has more players than your side.

Is this true?

...and if so, why is this game feature permitted?

BTW...people leaving active warfronts voluntarily should be penalized (I dont mean the temp ban which is just a few minutes). They should be stripped naked but for a donkey helmet and paraded before your team where they are forced to do the chicken, mocked and eventually killed by their peers. Followed by a currency deduction as penalty.

The most outnumbered I've ever been is +/- 2 players, and it's probably due to someone not accepting the invite. Rift probably has the most balanced maps of any mmo, since they're basically mirrored. The only thing that unbalances pvp is gear and organization.

Most unbalanced match I've been in is was a 2 vs. 5 in Black Garden. 2 more popped in as the match started to bring it to 4 vs. 5. The game eventually filled up, but that was a funny moment. Two of us laughing at this ridiculous start. We even won.

the game only pops when the required amount are in the queue. then when youre in the game, it invites 1 player at a time on both sides. if one side gets +1, the other side as well. if one side gets +1 and the other doesnt, the side with +1 cant get anymore players until the opposing team catches up.

unbalanced??? sure all the time...

three rank 8 players wipe out six rank 1 players all the time ;-)

its not balanced by level or numbers by design.
    They have basically announced that when it comes to warfronts, even serving up sheep to the wolves quickly is much better than waiting for a "balanced" match.

sadly, they never seem to ask the sheep, they just notice the wolves complaining/howling loudly (while the sheep walk away).

Interesting considering how long it takes to wait in que for your turn. I thought it would be a little better organized. So warfronts are really a toss of the dice instead of matching equal parts with the side with the best strategy/game play, winning.

That explains how I popped into a warfront with just 30 sec left in the game.

It kind's sucks now that I know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Omni View Post
    Interesting considering how long it takes to wait in que for your turn. I thought it would be a little better organized. So warfronts are really a toss of the dice instead of matching equal parts with the side with the best strategy/game play, winning.

That explains how I popped into a warfront with just 30 sec left in the game.

It kind's sucks now that I know how it works.
    Warfronts pull people from a pool, that's it.

Soulwalker

Warfront Queues will always 'attempt' to pull even teams. But at times when queue times are slower or there may already be a full game or 2 going. There can be instances where someone will leave queue or go afk or just not take queue for whatever number of reasons and that is how teams become uneven 9/10 times. It's not that it's necessarily allowing the teams to be uneven. It just happens that way sometimes.

It's tough on the streets of Telara.

Ive started a lot of game 4+ men down... and no healers in our side...

I do think trion need to look at forcing a balance before a WF starts.

But they i think they should bring in DAOC's pvp/rvr game play... we can but dream!
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

Quote Originally Posted by Havors View Post
    But they i think they should bring in DAOC's pvp/rvr game play... we can but dream!
    Oh I will dream as well....DAOC's old RvR, before the first expansion, it completely rocked!! My son gives me a hard time because I use to live in the RvR there and the BG's. Here I sometimes have a hard time getting into it but I keep trying.

*strolls down memory lane* I remember the battles out in the RvR areas being so huge that we'd crash the zones and everyone had to turn off others spell effects because of it all or their computers would crash..lol

Even the New Frontiers in DAoC was fun with the catapults & ballista's, oh and don't forget the boiling oil

Rift Disciple

I did an experiment with this, and the wait time for q's on a single server. This is what I found so far.

I made toons on both sides. Both toons are the same basic level, and all have the same level of crafted gear.

On the same server mind you.

Log in Defiant. WF Q's are 3-5 minutes, no matter what time of day. The longest was 15. Winning WF's is a 70% chance or so. And I can't believe that there are that many bad guardian players pulled from the all of Rifts servers, every time.

Log in Guardian. WF Q's are 10-30 minutes. No matter what time of day. 30% losing is generous. It seems like the Defiants are always; i hate this term but must use it, over powered compared to the Guardians.

Example: Level 17 mage, Defiant, I eat rogues, warriors are just a thorn in my side that I heal out of before they become a pile of plate. Of course I lose, but it takes a ton to bring me down.

Level 17 mage, Guardian, I get one one shot'd by MM's, warriors get to hit me twice or three times before I am toast, and it only takes 1-2 to take me down.

Both have event staffs, both have crafted gear; same level, both are spec'd the exact same way point by point, only the sides have changed.

Also. This sounds stupid even to me, and I am the one that did the experiment. My keybinds and macros. On the Defiant side, smooth, Guardian it seems they don't fire off as constantly. I understand lag/interrupts, and such. I am talking about have one guy on me, and my instant casts are failing to fire.

Are there PVP hacks in Rift already? I know in the "Other mmo"; which is why most people like it over there, hacks to climb walls/untarget-blink yourself/interrupt abilities are the norm. And I am seeing this same type of "UI Behavior" in Rift now. -shrugs-

It seems like they'd use the same math model for all the characters and just change the cosmetics, however this does not seem to be the case.

From what I am seeing. There is a blatant imbalance in the two sides. Even the Guardian questing zones and mobs of the same level seem to fall harder than they do on the Defiant side.

Your mileage may vary, however I am sticking with Defiants after this experiment.
    When people say you suck. Just remember, they just have a better macro than you do, NOT that they play better. Ask them to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormon View Post
    I did an experiment with this, and the wait time for q's on a single server. This is what I found so far.

I made toons on both sides. Both toons are the same basic level, and all have the same level of crafted gear.

On the same server mind you.

Log in Defiant. WF Q's are 3-5 minutes, no matter what time of day. The longest was 15. Winning WF's is a 70% chance or so. And I can't believe that there are that many bad guardian players pulled from the all of Rifts servers, every time.

Log in Guardian. WF Q's are 10-30 minutes. No matter what time of day. 30% losing is generous. It seems like the Defiants are always; i hate this term but must use it, over powered compared to the Guardians.

Example: Level 17 mage, Defiant, I eat rogues, warriors are just a thorn in my side that I heal out of before they become a pile of plate. Of course I lose, but it takes a ton to bring me down.

Level 17 mage, Guardian, I get one one shot'd by MM's, warriors get to hit me twice or three times before I am toast, and it only takes 1-2 to take me down.

Both have event staffs, both have crafted gear; same level, both are spec'd the exact same way point by point, only the sides have changed.

Also. This sounds stupid even to me, and I am the one that did the experiment. My keybinds and macros. On the Defiant side, smooth, Guardian it seems they don't fire off as constantly. I understand lag/interrupts, and such. I am talking about have one guy on me, and my instant casts are failing to fire.

Are there PVP hacks in Rift already? I know in the "Other mmo"; which is why most people like it over there, hacks to climb walls/untarget-blink yourself/interrupt abilities are the norm. And I am seeing this same type of "UI Behavior" in Rift now. -shrugs-

It seems like they'd use the same math model for all the characters and just change the cosmetics, however this does not seem to be the case.

From what I am seeing. There is a blatant imbalance in the two sides. Even the Guardian questing zones and mobs of the same level seem to fall harder than they do on the Defiant side.

Your mileage may vary, however I am sticking with Defiants after this experiment.

actually...your post is the first I have ever seen trying such an experiment hehe

it "could" be that with the reduced populations on defiant and a focus on "max gear" is what you are seeing; it is simply the difference between twinked chars and "typical" leveling chars (quest gear, etc.)

I would hate to think that trion has a slight "oops" in their code somewhere hehe

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fun4All View Post
    actually...your post is the first I have ever seen trying such an experiment hehe

it "could" be that with the reduced populations on defiant and a focus on "max gear" is what you are seeing; it is simply the difference between twinked chars and "typical" leveling chars (quest gear, etc.)

I would hate to think that trion has a slight "oops" in their code somewhere hehe
    Hey there!!

I can accept the "more geared" argument. I am not above theories. However, I've ran 10 WF's so far just today. 5 Defiant, 5 Guardian. All were the same. Defiant stomped Guardian. -coughs- uuummm.. Yeah...

The Q's on the Defiant side were 30 seconds, to 2 minutes.
    The Q's on the Guardian side were 5 minutes, to an hour to which I re-Q'd. Then got in 20 min later.

I alternated also, not 5 in a row. One Defiant, one Guardian, rinse, repeat.

Again, just to stay clear, both sides are on the same server.

-shrugs-

I dunno what to tell you. I KNOW it sounds dumb, however I can't deny my parsings and cooking timer.

-you is a generic term and not directed to anyone particular-
    When people say you suck. Just remember, they just have a better macro than you do, NOT that they play better. Ask them to share.

The root word "balance" in a PvP post..

Go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormon View Post
    Hey there!!

I can accept the "more geared" argument. I am not above theories. However, I've ran 10 WF's so far just today. 5 Defiant, 5 Guardian. All were the same. Defiant stomped Guardian. -coughs- uuummm.. Yeah...

The Q's on the Defiant side were 30 seconds, to 2 minutes.
    The Q's on the Guardian side were 5 minutes, to an hour to which I re-Q'd. Then got in 20 min later.

I alternated also, not 5 in a row. One Defiant, one Guardian, rinse, repeat.

Again, just to stay clear, both sides are on the same server.

-shrugs-

I dunno what to tell you. I KNOW it sounds dumb, however I can't deny my parsings and cooking timer.

-you is a generic term and not directed to anyone particular-
    In conclusion, Gaurdians are pacifists, religious hippies that cant fight because they are afraid of getting hurt or depend too much on the Gods to deliver them from an a_s-whooping.
    Last edited by Neo Omni; 09-25-2011 at 09:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread