+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reporting AFK: Is this just a "door close" button?

Default Reporting AFK: Is this just a "door close" button?

Historically, elevators have had a "door close" button because it made people feel better to press a button, but it did nothing.

A particular bard has been harassing a lot of us in PvP warfronts for days now. He runs out with the pack, gets himself killed and then spends the rest of the match at the starting point harassing everyone verbally, effectively going AFK for the rest of the match. He's been doing this so much that if I mentioned his name, I'm sure I'd get a chorus of "oh no, him!" but this isn't about him, really.

This is about the Report AFK button. We've been reporting him. Many of us. We've reported his constant streams of profanity as "spam". We've reported him as AFK. And yet nothing happens. He's always there at the starting area playing his trumpet and dancing. And though I can't see his chat anymore, thanks to ignore, apparently he continues to harass people, based on the stream of responses I see in every match he's in.

How are we SUPPOSED to report this kind of thing in PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmil View Post
    Historically, elevators have had a "door close" button because it made people feel better to press a button, but it did nothing.

A particular bard has been harassing a lot of us in PvP warfronts for days now. He runs out with the pack, gets himself killed and then spends the rest of the match at the starting point harassing everyone verbally, effectively going AFK for the rest of the match. He's been doing this so much that if I mentioned his name, I'm sure I'd get a chorus of "oh no, him!" but this isn't about him, really.

This is about the Report AFK button. We've been reporting him. Many of us. We've reported his constant streams of profanity as "spam". We've reported him as AFK. And yet nothing happens. He's always there at the starting area playing his trumpet and dancing. And though I can't see his chat anymore, thanks to ignore, apparently he continues to harass people, based on the stream of responses I see in every match he's in.

How are we SUPPOSED to report this kind of thing in PvP?
    Amongst all your reports, you dont mention if anyone has actually created a petition against this player with screenshots?
    Last edited by Liandral; 09-24-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Rift Chaser

He's a bard... have you tried putting his harassing statements to a tune? Maybe it's really a song.

In which case, he's just doing his job.
    Last edited by Breyer; 09-25-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liandral View Post
    Amongst all your reports, you dont mention if anyone has actually created a petition against this player with screenshots?
    I guess the part where I said, "this isn't about him" kind of flew past. Let me be clear: this isn't about him. He's an annoying twit and eventually I expect him to go away.

The problem is that the report AFK button doesn't actually appear to do anything after several of us mashed on it in every warfront we were in with him where he did this, and he continued to play (or not) just the same through dozens of these battles.

It seems as if having such a button sort of implies that it's connected to a mechanism that deals with the issue, no?

from what i've heard and understand: it takes 3 people reporting someone afk to give them a 30 second debuff which cannot be removed exept through combat actions, then they get kicked if it reaches 0

his motif's and such MIGHT just count as combat buffs and that could possibly remove the debuff. idk though i've never seen the debuff in action

Soulwalker

Whatever it does, it doesn't seem to do it particularly well. Nor does it seem tied to player actions, because I had a premade kick me out once within 10 seconds of having gotten out of combat.

Meanwhile we've had 6+ people simultaneously report someone for being a waste of space, and nothing happens.

+ Reply to Thread