+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Whitefail Stinks..

Default Whitefail Stinks..

Who's with me? Who thinks it stinks?

Ascendant

I haven't smelled it recently.

On a more serious note, the only thing about it that tends to stink are the people in it. It's too big to succeed without coordination and if your group refuses to coordinate, the non-escalation version of it is tough to enjoy. At least on smaller maps it's easy to find where the action is consolidated so you have a reasonable chance to pewpew even if the first couple of rez waves was enough to demonstrate that you're going to have a hard time pulling out a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    I haven't smelled it recently.

On a more serious note, the only thing about it that tends to stink are the people in it. It's too big to succeed without coordination and if your group refuses to coordinate, the non-escalation version of it is tough to enjoy. At least on smaller maps it's easy to find where the action is consolidated so you have a reasonable chance to pewpew even if the first couple of rez waves was enough to demonstrate that you're going to have a hard time pulling out a win.
    My point is that its not fun unless you are a rogue. That's really about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    My point is that its not fun unless you are a rogue. That's really about it.
    http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...dogmower-2.gif
    Even free cost too much now

Trion pulls data, contribute by not even queuing for the regular version. Even when its the daily.
    Infamous

Bads are mads.

Whitefall sucks. Oh - And our new warfront is another fang! AWESOOOOME
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Whitefall sucks. Oh - And our new warfront is another fang! AWESOOOOME
    You just made me sad after that awesome .gif.

Map is too big, the timer is too long, and it just devolves into a turtle fest. CTF instanced PvP zones always seem to be bad in any game I play outside of Team Fortress.

Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

its actually one of the few warfronts that i enjoy.

even when the team is bad i can still have fun.
    its a great match for rogues, one where they can actualy be the class that determines who wins. yet for some reason most rogues would rather pew pew and pretend they are being usefull while the full heal specced cleric out dpses them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

CTF map needs more closed in places. I think it sucks that all the WF's are outside. Would be fun to see some WF's in actual buildings/corridor styled maps where the route to run back with the flag can vary. Not just EVERYONE RUN FOR THE BIG DOT RUNNING ACROSS THE OPEN FIELD. But this WF annoys me that you can see the flag on the map. That is garbage, shouldn't be able to see the flag runner on the map.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-24-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    its actually one of the few warfronts that i enjoy.

even when the team is bad i can still have fun.
    its a great match for rogues, one where they can actualy be the class that determines who wins. yet for some reason most rogues would rather pew pew and pretend they are being usefull while the full heal specced cleric out dpses them.
    Ive actually been in matches where we had runner rogues and it was more interesting. Then i think back to Team Fortress with scouts controlling the ebb and flow of the game essentially as they would run in and just change the score in an instant. But yea... not enough runner rogues. Just idiots running around in worthless specs. Can't really blame that on them though the rogue class is kind of sad at the time and i don't think people wanna run around Erad Botting, Barding or running stones.

Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

Shadowlander

Unless it's mega bonus prestige day, I never touch Whitefall. It gets bogged down into lengthy unprofitable stale mates far too often where the only people having any fun is the mindless scrum of players moving back and forth across the field, leaping in to fight each other instead of trying to get the frickin' stone.

Ascendant

I enjoy escalation, but long stretches in regular WF with both teams turtled next to their turn-in with the opposite teams flag is very, very dull.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Quote Originally Posted by Weakest View Post
    Ive actually been in matches where we had runner rogues and it was more interesting. Then i think back to Team Fortress with scouts controlling the ebb and flow of the game essentially as they would run in and just change the score in an instant. But yea... not enough runner rogues. Just idiots running around in worthless specs. Can't really blame that on them though the rogue class is kind of sad at the time and i don't think people wanna run around Erad Botting, Barding or running stones.
    ..Riftstalkers are the ones that ruined this map. All that it would take is 1 cleric and 1 riftstalker and then entire game was over. Woohoo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast