+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 1.5 and Devouring Shadows

Shadowlander

Default 1.5 and Devouring Shadows

Simple question:
    Is Devouring Shadows' damage reduced in 1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Haagen View Post
    Simple question:
    Is Devouring Shadows' damage reduced in 1.5?
    It definitely needs looking at, you shouldn't be able to pop a string of abilities and spam, spam, spam an aoe putting out that kind of insane dmg, either put a hefty cooldown timer on it or increase the mana cost substantially.
    Last edited by Thickness; 09-24-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    Elitism P7 Bahmi Rogue. Battle Bard / MM / Tank / Sin

Nothing wrong with DS.

If the damage is reduced much it would be worthless.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Nothing wrong with DS.

People said the same thing about Cab's tyranny, and Trion still gave it a solid nerf.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Nothing wrong with DS.

it does more damage than a rogues 51 point 1 min cd aoe, oh and the fact it can be abused for instant ticks with stopcast

Shadowlander

Don't want to argue about it. Either they want to fix it or not; f not no point in wasting more time pvp'ing time to move on.

It just need to not have its initial tick. They can buff its damage by 20 percent to make up for losing that tick.

Adding a 5 second CD or removing the intial tick would correct DS.

Knowing Trion however I can see this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Trion
    WARLOCK
    * Devouring Shadows now has a cooldown of 12 seconds.
    * The initial tick of Devouring Shadows has been removed. It now ticks 3 seconds into the channel.
    * The damage of Devouring Shadows has been reduced.
    * The duration of Devouring shadows has been increased, reducing the damage per tick
    * The radius of Devouring Shadows has been decreased and the amount of players it can effect has been reduced
    Last edited by Weakest; 09-24-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

in my chlorolock build DS crit p8 players for ~ 800

whats so OP about that?

as 51lock/15am

a build meant PURLEY for dps and lower survivability WITH empowered darkness up DS crits for about 1400 on a p8

am i missing something

OHH I SEE what ur all crying about is the max geared 51 lock critting 2k+ with ds on a fresh 50

oh yes very op guys

plz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sjCmMqtl9A

this is a vid of me smoking some losers

the warrior and rogue are at LEAST p7

@ 0:28 seconds devouring shadow crit of 697
    @ 1:04 a devouring shadows crit of 724

umm

get some valor and DS doesnt crit for as much

stop crying

OH BTW in this video im rocking ~ 1600 spell power and 75 vengeance
    Last edited by Rift Stinker; 09-24-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Stinker View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sjCmMqtl9A

this is a vid of me smoking some losers

the warrior and rogue are at LEAST p7

@ 0:28 seconds devouring shadow crit of 697
    @ 1:04 a devouring shadows crit of 724

umm

get some valor and DS doesnt crit for as much

stop crying

OH BTW in this video im rocking ~ 1600 spell power and 75 vengeance
    It isn't about one hit, its about the initial tick... then a couple of seconds later the second tick followed up by an instant intial tick from a new channel. With ED I can push out about 4k of damage in that timeframe. If people aren't paying attention the next "Volley" will kill alot of people and/or pressure healers to take focus off maybe a flag carrier or another healer getting focused. To deny that double ticking DS+ED isn't a tad over the top is just straight foolish considering it can hit 5+ clumped idiots fairly easy.
    Last edited by Weakest; 09-24-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Toms@Faeblight - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Weakest View Post
    It isn't about one hit, its about the initial tick... then a couple of seconds later the second tick followed up by an instant intial tick from a new channel. With ED I can push out about 4k of damage in that timeframe. If people aren't paying attention the next "Volley" will kill alot of people and/or pressure healers to take focus off maybe a flag carrier or another healer getting focused. To deny that double ticking DS+ED isn't a tad over the top is just straight foolish considering it can hit 5+ clumped idiots fairly easy.

i still see aoe heals out healing aoe dmg

so.. buff DS if anything

plus ur talking best case scenario on an UN focused mage

focus the mage and now there are stuns, silences pushback, and interrupts AND possible incapacitate effects to all stop this....

our single target dmg is laughable on high valor players ESPECIALLY if focused whereas other classes arent so negatively effected as a mage is when focused

ok so we have strong aoe in one deciated 51/15 build

i dont see the big deal

if they do anything other than a possible 5 second cooldown so u cant double up the second tick then ill truly believe trion devs dont play mages because we're in a sorry state outside of chlorolock

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Stinker View Post
    i still see aoe heals out healing aoe dmg
    You prove my point... im forcing healers to take focus off babysitting one person to start ae healing and relying on CDs that will only last for so long.. If that AE damage is easily healed its multiple clerics doing it. And dont come in here saying valor reduces vile spores spam is outhealing ED+DS doubleticks because its not. Again, people start doing less efficient AE heals and focused people get killed. Mission accomplished.

so.. buff DS if anything
    Even outside of ED Doubleticking DS does plenty of damage for an insta cast channeled AE

plus ur talking best case scenario on an UN focused mage
    Best Case Scenario? It isn't hard to position correctly and doubletick. I pull it off consistently. Don't act like the ideal conditions to double tick DS with ED dont happen often. People are bad and clump and get owned by it. Rather easily. Thus the problem.

focus the mage and now there are stuns, silences pushback, and interrupts AND possible incapacitate effects to all stop this....
    With the ****ty DR system its rather hard to truely keep someone locked down. Again this goes back to your first point about being focused. It isn't hard to hide. Also i would like to point out that interrupt and pushback do nothing to really hard DS damage as you only rely on the first couple seconds of the spell.

our single target dmg is laughable on high valor players ESPECIALLY if focused whereas other classes arent so negatively effected as a mage is when focused
    SC, PyroDom and 51 Lock have great single target. Just in different conditions. Hell even DS can be used to ST nuke people down.

ok so we have strong aoe in one deciated 51/15 build
    51 pt doesnt mean it should be over the top. Here is the rub man... why bother spamming ST, applying dots, spreading dots, using lock fear when you can just ED it up and spam DS and be way more effective? Should tell you there is a problem when you use a GTAE to do more ST damage than the actual ST spell Void Bolt.

i dont see the big deal
    Do you even use ED+DS effectivley?

if they do anything other than a possible 5 second cooldown so u cant double up the second tick then ill truly believe trion devs dont play mages because we're in a sorry state outside of chlorolock
    Its going to eat something, the CD is all that is really needed but they are going to go way overboard. But... in the grand scheme of things Mages will still have more viable build combos than any other archetype out there and have way stronger builds. All this will do is diminish 51 Lock and make the class something more than just timing a channel.

Toms@Faeblight - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Weakest View Post
    You prove my point... im forcing healers to take focus off babysitting one person to start ae healing and relying on CDs that will only last for so long.. If that AE damage is easily healed its multiple clerics doing it. And dont come in here saying valor reduces vile spores spam is outhealing ED+DS doubleticks because its not. Again, people start doing less efficient AE heals and focused people get killed. Mission accomplished.

Even outside of ED Doubleticking DS does plenty of damage for an insta cast channeled AE

Best Case Scenario? It isn't hard to position correctly and doubletick. I pull it off consistently. Don't act like the ideal conditions to double tick DS with ED dont happen often. People are bad and clump and get owned by it. Rather easily. Thus the problem.

With the ****ty DR system its rather hard to truely keep someone locked down. Again this goes back to your first point about being focused. It isn't hard to hide. Also i would like to point out that interrupt and pushback do nothing to really hard DS damage as you only rely on the first couple seconds of the spell.

SC, PyroDom and 51 Lock have great single target. Just in different conditions. Hell even DS can be used to ST nuke people down.

51 pt doesnt mean it should be over the top. Here is the rub man... why bother spamming ST, applying dots, spreading dots, using lock fear when you can just ED it up and spam DS and be way more effective? Should tell you there is a problem when you use a GTAE to do more ST damage than the actual ST spell Void Bolt.

Do you even use ED+DS effectivley?

Its going to eat something, the CD is all that is really needed but they are going to go way overboard. But... in the grand scheme of things Mages will still have more viable build combos than any other archetype out there and have way stronger builds. All this will do is diminish 51 Lock and make the class something more than just timing a channel.

then we disagree.

plus theres no DR on pushback and interrupts btw

mages suffer the worst when focused out of all the dmg dealing classes, many worthwhile spells r casts and channels which with fore-mentioned cc and the non DR effect pushback and interrupts.

every once in a while when i run 51 lock which is usualy only on whitefall weekend, ill toss ED up and notice a silence randomly come my way and someone get on me...

cutting the dmg i would do freely probably by 2/3's

its counterable, and god forbid a clothie casting class can deal some damage.. isnt that the point? we certainly dont survive as well as other pure dmg classes.

ill say this again, we lose the most dps while focused than any other class.. 51 lock is EASILY countered in group pvp..

DS on PTS thus far remains untouched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast