+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A newbies perspective of the pvp!

Soulwalker

Default A newbies perspective of the pvp!

Hello all

Im not new to mmo's, i have played everything from Everquest to Anarchy Online to Wolrd of Warcraft etc during my years as a mmo fan. I have been doing alot of pvp in these games and wanted to test it out in Rift.

So far i like it. There is a huge grind and you need to be dedicated to achive higher ranks. I are rank 4 atm and now i can actually kill people using combined cc's with my half decent damage. It is fun.

But something that got me thinking and im actually not botherd really, just got me thinking, that is people in tank specs, having a huge amount of avoidance (block, dodge, parry, damage reducing abilites and armor), doing alot of damage. A Warrior in a tank spec can solo kill a half warfront team if he is good. Im not gonna complain about his damage, he needs to kill people aswell.

What i wonder is, is there any "soft cap" on avoidance in Rift PvP? with that i mean with that, is defensive passive abilites such as block or parry caped at a certain percent (not including cooldowns) or any stat that reduces his chances to have his/her defensive abilites to occur?

I usually purge the tank and use stuns, snares, blinds etc just to annoy them and keep them away from the healers. But sometimes all my cc's get blocked or parryied, or dodged.

Remember im not complaining, i want tips on how to best deal with tanks (especially those that planeshift), other classes and specs doesn't seem to be that hard of a game, but tanks still gets me frustrated at times

Sorry for half-decent english
    Warcollapse

None of the PvP Vendors sell equipment or weapons with Hit on it, and it shouldn't be needed in PvP but it is. You can rune up to 75 Hit, though and still not be using anything at all for PvE gear or weapons. That helps. I think it's 120 Hit that is currently needed to guarantee not missing any player.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Warcollapse View Post
    But something that got me thinking and im actually not botherd really, just got me thinking, that is people in tank specs, having a huge amount of avoidance (block, dodge, parry, damage reducing abilites and armor), doing alot of damage. A Warrior in a tank spec can solo kill a half warfront team if he is good. Im not gonna complain about his damage, he needs to kill people aswell.

Welcome to Rift, where warriors roll tank specs and still out DPS any other class, all the while having a 100% self heal, a shield, and 15k armor. But according to Trion, this is balanced, just as is Mages hitting you with 1500 health per tick of a spammable AoE. All balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Welcome to Rift, where warriors roll tank specs and still out DPS any other class, all the while having a 100% self heal, a shield, and 15k armor. But according to Trion, this is balanced, just as is Mages hitting you with 1500 health per tick of a spammable AoE. All balanced.
    Those warriors aren't tank specs. You might do better if you learned more about other classes and their specs.
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

+ Reply to Thread