Thread: BG weekend = pugs are only favor food

Telaran

Default BG weekend = pugs are only favor food

Another fail by Trion.

'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by SerStickman View Post
    Another fail by Trion.

'nuff said.
    Yea I got bored of losing 500 to under 10 points (it's not just premade vs. pug the gear has A LOT to do with it), so I,m here instead... real fun.........
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 09-23-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Yes, it's Trions fault people lose. Great thread.

People are fail, period. When a team loses, it's everyones fault but their own. Point the finger away from yourself at all costs.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-23-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

People are fail, period. When a team loses, it's everyones fault but their own. Point the finger away from yourself at all costs.
    Its a gear problem, I played UO where gear was not the focus and done well in pvp...having 8 levels (already, after less than 6 months) and can only get gear at certain levels is a problem, at least for all those that actually don't live at home with mommy and daddy and their only objective in life is to make r8 (or whatever they raise it to in the next new content patch) in rift...
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 09-23-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Its a gear problem, I played UO where gear was not the focus and done well in pvp...having 8 levels (already, after less than 6 months) and can only get gear at certain levels is a problem, at least for all those that actually don't live at home with mommy and daddy and their only objective in life is to make r8 (or whatever they raise it to in the next new content patch) in rift...
    The problem is simply that Trion took too much of a curve in the progression of stats from the first Raids to HK. HK equipped players are much more powerful than the previous tiers, though they should only be slightly more powerful.

It's called mudflation. RIFT is suffering from it, and it spills over into PvP badly for the new players. The only recourse is to provide new players with easier access to gear that was harder to get in the beginning, and this is at the risk of majorly pissing off the people who worked hard to get that stuff in the first place.

So, they have to balance it.

For you that means you have to be cannon fodder at fresh level 50 for at least a couple weeks before you can get a high amount of Valor and R4 weapons or so. At that point you'll at least be a benefit to the team.

So, yeah, a couple weeks of casual every-day play and you'll be there. If you can't handle that, considering how long term an MMO is for most people, then this MMO simply is not for you. Honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrnation View Post
    The problem is simply that Trion took too much of a curve in the progression of stats from the first Raids to HK. HK equipped players are much more powerful than the previous tiers, though they should only be slightly more powerful.

It's called mudflation. RIFT is suffering from it, and it spills over into PvP badly for the new players. The only recourse is to provide new players with easier access to gear that was harder to get in the beginning, and this is at the risk of majorly pissing off the people who worked hard to get that stuff in the first place.

For you that means you have to be cannon fodder at fresh level 50 for at least a couple weeks before you can get a high amount of Valor and R4 weapons or so. At that point you'll at least be a benefit to the team.

So, yeah, a couple weeks of casual every-day play and you'll be there. If you can't handle that, considering how long term an MMO is for most people, then this MMO simply is not for you. Honestly.
    LOL..couple of weeks...what rank are you? I been here since head start (less 3 weeks I was without internet), I just have to pay bills, so I work full time, go to college part time. I spend all weekend (literally) on here trying to rank up...I didn't mind when there was only 6 ranks as I was half way there and was competitive. The more powerful you make things, the quicker it disintegrates. It's not good for getting new players or keeping the ones you have that actual have something else to do in life, rather than play (any) MMO every waking minute. If, UO had the graphics and didn't do al catre for new content, I'd probably go back there, as skill was more important, than gear. But Trion has said they want feed back on here, so they get it. Typically a company wants to know why they lost a customer/s (hence 1.5 and rogue boosts). My sub is up next month and I can do the 18 month sub or go else where...this game just has so much potential and it's going gear above everything thing else path...too bad...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

Not implied, troll. Go away and play in your cave.

Telaran

Pure BS. I am p5, halfway to p8 the highest Defiant has scored in BG tonight out of 12 games so far is 84. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Yea I got bored of losing 500 to under 10 points (it's not just premade vs. pug the gear has A LOT to do with it), so I,m here instead... real fun.........
    LOL I've lost with scores like that plenty of times in BG --- without the bonus advantage. Its not just this weekend.

Actually won more than lost tonight in BG, in fact a lot more..But's that's mainly down to a P8 warrior in our battlegroup who has been doing nothing but BG tonight and he literally destroy's everything in sight...between 20-30 KB's each warfront with normally zero deaths. I just stand and watch, glad that he's on our side!
    Last edited by Osmosis; 09-23-2011 at 06:48 PM.

I almost feel sorry for the little fellas.

Wykar <GOON SQUAD> R8 Warrior Seastone

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    Actually won more than lost tonight in BG, in fact a lot more..But's that's mainly down to a P8 warrior in our battlegroup who has been doing nothing but BG tonight and he literally destroy's everything in sight...between 20-30 KB's each warfront with normally zero deaths. I just stand and watch, glad that he's on our side!
    happen to be Pepso?

This is accurate. However there is a valid problem when full premades fight pugs though b/c full premades are almost always geared whereas the pugs tend to have a wider range of gear levels. Given the better gear, experience of playing with the same people for a while, and communication, fights can get out of hand pretty quickly.

Trion has attempted to help by normalizing valor through the rank sets but essentially better gear & premades will always trump lesser gear & pugs unless there is some kind of pve component that the pug can win with. While I applaud Trion for trying, the situation could have been avoided in the first place if they simply utilized a pvp system where everyone had the same gear and premades were separated from pugs (see my link for a better explanation).

I can accept that grinding is necessary for progression raiding but it shouldn't be necessary for pvp. Many players get home from school or work & simply want to lean back with a cold brew & smack on some people; it shouldn't be a grind issue just to enjoy it.

R8 rogue & R6 mage.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    Was that Warriors name "Slime", cause he mainly one shot alot of our lower rank players, including me last night

It was impressive to watch, i was unlucky to be his enemey tho ^^

Telaran

While I applaud Trion for trying, the situation could have been avoided in the first place if they simply utilized a pvp system where everyone had the same gear and premades were separated from pugs (see my link for a better explanation).
    Trion already did separate premades from pugs. My guild used to have a 5man queuing warfronts every single day. No one wants to wait 30-40 minutes between matches, so we simply don't pvp together anymore. I imagine this is the case with a lot of guilds.

Pug dies to premades. Pug cries. Premades largely removed from equation.
    Pug dies to gear curve. Pug cries. Valor Normalization.
    Pug still dying. Pug cries. _____ ?

What's next?
    Xerol
    Cleric
    Tempest Wolves

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast