+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other

Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    What server are you on? I am well over a million as well. U mad bro? Why all of the hostility?
    There is no hostility, and your constant reiteration of internet bait & troll culture is unoriginal and cliche.
    Last edited by Thickness; 09-24-2011 at 08:22 PM.
    Elitism P7 Bahmi Rogue. Battle Bard / MM / Tank / Sin

Ascendant

Truthfully, the stun kill is going to make the headlines. I believe that would be the SIN build. I guarantee that when this hits, there will be a dozen links the first day about stun killls . If you don't know, a stun kill is when a rogue stuns you and then you don't have time to even react. With the changes that are going to be made, stun kills are going to skyrocket. This basically gives rogues the opportunity to kill without any response. If you have any skill at all as a rogue, it is pretty well known what that is. The best part of the changes is the armor bypass. Rogues will have the ability to "bypass" pretty much 50% of players armor. Personally, I have a 93% physical damage mitigation with R8 gear. That makes that my hard work and gear only worth 46.5% physical damage mitigation. That is roughly what R2 gear does. If a player that has 93% physical damage mitigation has an issue with that, way to go Trion. 93%. Glad that I put the time in to get that worthless gear since you made it that way. Why don't you just dump plate armor all together since it can't mitigate magic damage? That will solve that whole "Warriors are sooooooooooooo OP" problem.

Ah. So basically, OP is a warrior that is scared he might not be getting free KBs anymore.

Glad we could clear that up in this thread.

The only people that get stunlocked are the baddies that play this game without Break Free, playing crappy squishy DPS specs with no survivability.

"But bro, my Tyranny spam is sooooo awesome! WTF Y ROUGE KILL ME IN WUN STUN?!?!!?111?!!1"

"Lololololol rayjun sturm, ice sheers, get ready for the lightnin' burst bro! ZOMG A ROUGE OMG TRION Y U BUFF DEM?!!?1!?1?!"

If you ever lose to a rogue as an equally-geared warrior, healing cleric, or chlorolock/chlorodom mage, just uninstall the game and stop wasting your time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    The reason that rogues needed to be buffed is b/c all other callings (yes even warriors with their stack-able heal on block essences) have access to healing which blatantly negates whatever burst rogues are able to do. In order for a rogue to self heal, they have to go bard (let's be honest - Enduring Brew as it is, is laughable since it puts a dot on the user) which means they aren't killing anyone.
    Brew is awesome, I'm actually going to be kinda pissed when it loses the self-dot. No more chugging a brew on my way to a Codex node so I can laugh at the little ****ter rogue trying to sap/LH spam me and wondering why it doesn't work.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nefariouz View Post
    If the class is so terrible right now, explain to me why there are several rank 8 MM's in my battle group who can walk out of a codex, port scion, or whitefall being top dmg with 45+ kb's (even more if its PS)? This patch is going to do nothing more than make terrible rogues look good and good rogues unstoppable... I suppose tho that is how warriors were for a long time. I'm not complaining about it tho, I will just hop on my rogue and join the bandwagon I guess.... I just wish Trion could do something to balance it all out a little better instead of swapping around which calling is the flavor of the month.
    Sure, I'll explain it to you. Your faction on your battlegroup is full of completely awful players that let Marksmen sit there and freeshoot you while nobody ever gets on them.

Srsly. It's a rogue. Trot over there and punch him in the face. He'll go down like a sack of wet chihuahuas. If for some incredible reason he's not, go check your Healing Taken board -- he's probably sitting at or near the top because he's getting pocket-healed.

Ascendant

Truthfully, the stun kill is going to make the headlines. I believe that would be the SIN build. I guarantee that when this hits, there will be a dozen links the first day about stun killls . If you don't know, a stun kill is when a rogue stuns you and then you don't have time to even react. With the changes that are going to be made, stun kills are going to skyrocket.
    You're just a complete and utter buffoon who has never played a rogue. I am a R8 rogue (with over 4 million favor and 130k kills, btw) and I have NEVER, EVER stun-lock-killed a player with PVP gear. NEVER. It just doesn't happen. We have 2 stuns in the Sin tree: paralyzing strike (which is god awful and no one uses it) and foul play. Paralyzing strike must be used from stealth, so that leaves foul play as our only in combat stun. If there is a rogue out there that can open with paralyzing strike, then immediately hit foul play and DPS down a equally geared player before he can react, I would LOVE to see that video. It ain't happening since our burst (and energy regen) sucks, hence the reason for the 1.5 buffs.

Trion has access to all the data compiled from WF's, etc. They have a better handle on just how UP the rogue class is (as opposed to our anecdotal evidence). Their numbers don't lie and I seriously doubt they would go through with such changes if their data didn't bear that out.

And to suggest that somehow 85% of rogues are bad, while all the other classes are mostly "good" is, well, idiotic logic. You're just an angry warrior who is sad he wont be getting free bloodthirsty procs anymore. The same can be said for all the mage QQ'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefariouz View Post
    If the class is so terrible right now, explain to me why there are several rank 8 MM's in my battle group who can walk out of a codex, port scion, or whitefall being top dmg with 45+ kb's (even more if its PS)?
    Because they're R8 when most of the opposition wasn't?

This patch is going to do nothing more than make terrible rogues look good and good rogues unstoppable...
    Kinda how warriors are now, you mean? Why can warriors have this privilege of being no skill facerollers while rogues can't?
    Last edited by AceinHole; 09-25-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thickness View Post
    You say I'm an angry individual and he's extremely calm and reasonable? Reread his post again. Making a whimsical batch of assumptions about me isn't going to support your cause either Ajax, I suggest you stick with the facts.
    Apt forum name?

jajaja

On MMO break until someone decides to put out a game developed for PvP.
    On Deck:
    Jon Connor - Love Me Now
    Dir en grey - Hageshisa to kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    Ah. So basically, OP is a warrior that is scared he might not be getting free KBs anymore.

Glad we could clear that up in this thread.

The only people that get stunlocked are the baddies that play this game without Break Free, playing crappy squishy DPS specs with no survivability.

"But bro, my Tyranny spam is sooooo awesome! WTF Y ROUGE KILL ME IN WUN STUN?!?!!?111?!!1"

"Lololololol rayjun sturm, ice sheers, get ready for the lightnin' burst bro! ZOMG A ROUGE OMG TRION Y U BUFF DEM?!!?1!?1?!"

If you ever lose to a rogue as an equally-geared warrior, healing cleric, or chlorolock/chlorodom mage, just uninstall the game and stop wasting your time.
    There are rogue builds to kill ever other class. It's not too hard to bleed out a solo warrior with better gear than you. You just have to keep using that "dreaded" slip away. Especially if the rogue can pull off that whole "stealthing" thing that they do and catch someone by surprise sitting down having a drink.

Ascendant

There are rogue builds to kill ever other class. It's not too hard to bleed out a solo warrior with better gear than you. You just have to keep using that "dreaded" slip away. Especially if the rogue can pull off that whole "stealthing" thing that they do and catch someone by surprise sitting down having a drink.
    Stoneshield, mount up, ride off, then drink. His only option when you mount is to try to open up on you again, which will miss because of Stoneshield.

Against an equally-geared warrior, Jagged->Puncture->Impale is only going to get him to about 30% HP, assuming you get real lucky on crits and he's not wearing a shield (bonus points if he has Arkryon's Mirror equipped, in which case he can just sit there and troll you while the proc heals him through your bleeds). That's at full duration, which for Impale is 24 seconds.

24 seconds is WAY more than enough time for you to mount up, ride off, and get a drink while he's sitting there in stealth left behind.

Brew is awesome, I'm actually going to be kinda pissed when it loses the self-dot. No more chugging a brew on my way to a Codex node so I can laugh at the little ****ter rogue trying to sap/LH spam me and wondering why it doesn't work.
    You're definitely making lemonade with lemons. I'd never thought of preemptively getting in combat just to counter a mechanic that can't hurt you. I suppose it would be useful if you're about to flag cap though.

Ascendant

You're definitely making lemonade with lemons. I'd never thought of preemptively getting in combat just to counter a mechanic that can't hurt you. I suppose it would be useful if you're about to flag cap though.
    It doesn't get you in combat (that would be bad), but the self-dot is the key. It doesn't hurt you really (ticks for like 30?), but it counts as damage for "breaks on damage" CCs. So you chug a brew as you get up to the flag (you want to hit it 3 seconds early so the first tick will go off; the first tick will interrupt casting such as drinks or flag uses), then after the first tick you click the flag. Someone tries to sap or Lost Hope you, it breaks no more than three seconds later because of the damage tick, and you go about your business on the flag.

If they're really pro, they could time it just after a tick to get three seconds of sap. But 99% of them are not pro, so they sap you and it immediately breaks, and you /lol. I've had a couple scrubs try the sap again, have it break instantly again, and then just sit there confused while I cap the flag on them.

This is pretty clutch for Codex gameplay as a Sin, and I'll be very sad to see it go. Your best use of a Sin in codex is for flag defense and harassment, and the classic toolset of Sin types is to grab the flag, then stealth and sap people that try to resecure it to wind down the clock. By denying them that "buying time" sap, you force them to come out and fight you, where you can kill them and then resecure the flag before the timer's up, saving your team 30 seconds of point drain while waiting for it to recap.

As an aside, this works for a lot of other situations where someone tries to hit you with a "breaks on damage" CC to stall for time. Bard mezzes to try to break your pressure on them when nobody else is trying to peel you, for example, or their mass mez on something like the Fang.

This is why I lol at people who try to rag on Sins as some sort of nub class. There's a world of difference between a good sin and a scrub sin, it's just too subtle for most of the bads that play this game to notice. Unfortunately 1.5, while giving us a much needed frontload boost (30-second bleeds that tick for 150 or less are dumb, kthx), will also be taking away one of the tools that separated a good sin from a bad one.

It doesn't get you in combat (that would be bad), but the self-dot is the key. It doesn't hurt you really (ticks for like 30?), but it counts as damage for "breaks on damage" CCs. So you chug a brew as you get up to the flag (you want to hit it 3 seconds early so the first tick will go off; the first tick will interrupt casting such as drinks or flag uses), then after the first tick you click the flag. Someone tries to sap or Lost Hope you, it breaks no more than three seconds later because of the damage tick, and you go about your business on the flag.

If they're really pro, they could time it just after a tick to get three seconds of sap. But 99% of them are not pro, so they sap you and it immediately breaks, and you /lol. I've had a couple scrubs try the sap again, have it break instantly again, and then just sit there confused while I cap the flag on them.

This is pretty clutch for Codex gameplay as a Sin, and I'll be very sad to see it go. Your best use of a Sin in codex is for flag defense and harassment, and the classic toolset of Sin types is to grab the flag, then stealth and sap people that try to resecure it to wind down the clock. By denying them that "buying time" sap, you force them to come out and fight you, where you can kill them and then resecure the flag before the timer's up, saving your team 30 seconds of point drain while waiting for it to recap.

As an aside, this works for a lot of other situations where someone tries to hit you with a "breaks on damage" CC to stall for time. Bard mezzes to try to break your pressure on them when nobody else is trying to peel you, for example, or their mass mez on something like the Fang.

This is why I lol at people who try to rag on Sins as some sort of nub class. There's a world of difference between a good sin and a scrub sin, it's just too subtle for most of the bads that play this game to notice. Unfortunately 1.5, while giving us a much needed frontload boost (30-second bleeds that tick for 150 or less are dumb, kthx), will also be taking away one of the tools that separated a good sin from a bad one.
    I guess my ignorance stems from the fact that I rarely play Sin in a WF. Love it for killing OWPVP but I always found myself more useful running other specs in WFs. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. Thanks for the knowledge boost.

Ascendant

I guess my ignorance stems from the fact that I rarely play Sin in a WF. Love it for killing OWPVP but I always found myself more useful running other specs in WFs. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. Thanks for the knowledge boost.
    Always glad to help educate a fellow purple bar.

Given that I fill in a lot of different roles in my raids, I only have two slots (of five) to dedicate to PvP, and one of those has to be my open world and questing spec as well, so Sin is the natural choice. Being forced to play Sin in warfronts from R0 to R8, you pick up a lot of tricks of the trade that people just don't get when their only experience with Sin is "that ******* rogue that keeps ganking me".

This is why a lot of people like to herp derp that Sin is bad for warfronts. They've never played warfronts against actually good sins, so they just don't know. Sin is weak for large zerg fights (unless the other team's not paying attention, in which case Sin is excellent for picking off ranged classes, then running out of the zerg ball to re-stealth and do it again), but every map except Black Zergin' has objectives that frequently see action in small groups of one to three, and in those situations Sins are fantastic.

If I had a dime for every time I've solo capped Statue against 4 or 5 Guards who then proceed to /say things like "***** rogue, that's all you can do" while their team's only collecting points for Codex (and thus falling behind [oh and also losing Codex because they're down the 4 or 5 players that are faffing about at Statue]), I'd be a pretty rich ***** Rogue.
    Last edited by Isila; 09-25-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Champion

"You just have to keep using that "dreaded" slip away"

You're aware it has a 2 minute cool down right? Or is the reduced slip away cool down part of the 51/51/51/51/51/51/51 build that everyone thinks rogues run?
    Last edited by Reiz; 09-25-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Ascendant

The unfortunate part of that statement is 85% of rogues are scrubs.
    Sadly this is 100% accurate.

Now that, is clever. I might try this before they take it away.

Although I would say the difference between a good Sin and a bad one is pretty obvious to their victim: the former actually kills them! >.>
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast