+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weekend warfront only? - Then remove escalation!

Banned

Default Weekend warfront only? - Then remove escalation!

If you are going to implement a warfront that is for weekends only then you are going to have to remove escalations or else it will basically become unused.

There will be no incentive to play this warfront on weekends unless it is the escalation WF or it offers the same prestige/favor as an escalation. Sure it'll be hot for a week or two but players grinding to rank 8 and rank 8 players who still need ton's of favor for gear won't touch this warfront unless its escalation.

Overall fail design.

I'd love seeing escalation on the weekends whether it's bonus or not and making them swap back n forth between that and CTF based on weekends/weekdays. I don't always even play the bonus WF on the weekend, theres still people who do the others. No doubt the bonus has the best que times though. Stuff doesn't always have to have an incentive, sometimes it's just fun. Pure personal opinion though on that matter.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-23-2011 at 02:35 PM.

I like the idea of escalation whitefall turning on weds with the weekly reset, and running until monday whenever they show up at the office in the morning.

Reserving favor/pres bonuses only for launching new warfronts/special events.
    Infamous

Bads are mads.

The other warfronts still get played, even with the escalations going on. Not everyone enjoys all of the warfronts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by habby View Post
    The other warfronts still get played, even with the escalations going on. Not everyone enjoys all of the warfronts.
    Anyone who is grinding to rank 8 or needs favor for gear will be doing the escalation regardless.

Yes people will que for other warfronts, but its a extremely long que time while escalation is shorter and provides a better benefit.

My point is its just not practical making Library a weekend only warfront unless its going to be escalation every weekend.
    Last edited by Support; 09-23-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Yeah, but they don't pop with nearly the same frequency. Not even close. Guess what people are queueing for?
    Last edited by kuronese; 09-23-2011 at 04:09 PM.

On MMO break until someone decides to put out a game developed for PvP.
    On Deck:
    Jon Connor - Love Me Now
    Dir en grey - Hageshisa to kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami

Quote Originally Posted by Support View Post
    Anyone who is grinding to rank 8 or needs favor for gear will be doing the escalation regardless.

Yes people will que for other warfronts, but its a extremely long que time while escalation is shorter and provides a better benefit.

My point is its just not practical making Library a weekend only warfront unless its going to be escalation every weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuronese View Post
    Yeah, but they don't pop with nearly the same frequency. Not even close. Guess what people are queueing for?
    That's funny because I was actually getting faster queues for Codex than for Black Garden last night. If you detest a warfront, sometimes all the bonuses in the world aren't enough to make you do it.

That's funny because I was actually getting faster queues for Codex than for Black Garden last night. If you detest a warfront, sometimes all the bonuses in the world aren't enough to make you do it.
    My warfront cluster also pops almost as fast for the non bonus warfronts. I seldom have to wait more than about 2 minutes.

I did try a few BG's but each of them was a farm fest (with my faction losing). All the ones I got into only has about 2 or 3 R6+ in them, which might explain why since in each case the other faction had a lot more players with larger HP. I played WS and CX, those were fairly well matched and fun to play. PS was like BG though, both in rank composition and also constantly getting farmed. Only CX and WS had consistently competitive matches. Interesting phenomenon, looks like on my cluster the R6+ are purposefully avoiding the lower ranks.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

+ Reply to Thread