+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shannae
  • 1 Post By Sadarova

Thread: Warfront - The battle for port scion BUG [?]

Default Warfront - The battle for port scion BUG [?]

Hey. I Was in a scion and there was a guy named - Zalopapoil @Bloodiron. And He camped out of our spawn, But when we all spawned and tried to hunt/kill him He jumped in houses somehow. He didn't do it once to say it was graphic issue or something but he did it over 10 times. He went in, When someone was alone he was comin' out and kill, When we'r going again a lot of people he jumped in again. Bug or.. ? I hope you will see or check that. It's up to you. Thanks
    Impossible is nothing.

OMG one guy?!?!?

How will you ever survive at your spawn afk?

Wykar <GOON SQUAD> R8 Warrior Seastone

No i don't mean that. When they kill me and i was in spawn again >.>
    I run to kill him + help my mates but he went into "house" buildings in Scion. And it wasn't a graphic issue or something. Everytime that i passed from there or i died and re-spawned he was there.
    Impossible is nothing.

Telaran

Yeah this is simply a collision glitch/issue. I don't know about the place you are talking about but I found a house near the bridge that you can get inside. Nobody can see you, and you can see everyone around you

Sometimes if you get the right weird stars to align you can load into Port Scion with no buildings visible and furthermore you can walk where they are suppose to be. If you know the layout of the map well you can hide in houses and kill people where they can't touch you. It's dirty, it happened to me once, and it was hilarious throwing sab bombs and charges from a house. But it was pretty dirty, not like I was any help either. Could be the glitch this person had.

I don't know it was kinda weird..
    Impossible is nothing.

Have had this happen to me a few times when I crash on the zoning in process. When I log back into the scion there will be no buildings and can run freely around the map through buildings.

On a related note there is one house by the bridge that looks solid but really you can walk through a portion of the wall at any given time.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by SkinGeo View Post
    Hey. I Was in a scion and there was a guy named - Zalopapoil @Bloodiron. And He camped out of our spawn, But when we all spawned and tried to hunt/kill him He jumped in houses somehow. He didn't do it once to say it was graphic issue or something but he did it over 10 times. He went in, When someone was alone he was comin' out and kill, When we'r going again a lot of people he jumped in again. Bug or.. ? I hope you will see or check that. It's up to you. Thanks
    Haha, I know this guy.
    He is a noob and he is like rank 3 or something. Why do you even care? He sucks so bad I cry when I see him
    Ip

This can happen virtually anywhere. I've had it happen in the middle of Stillmoor (let me tell you, Always Burning is a cinch to complete without any buildings in the way).

On the bugged charaters screen, most of the terrain is flat out gone, and they can run right through it like it isn't there - 'cause it ain't, for them. It's funny when the bugged character needs stairs to get up a hill or a bridge though - 'cause those ain't there, either.

The error seems to exclude everything in the terrain that is "soft mapped" versus "hard coded". For example, the bridge into Sanctum is hard coded and still present while bugged, but the staircases on either side of Tavril Plaza are soft mapped and vanish. This has to do with core functionality of Rift, since these soft mapped objects are how we get the terrain changes when a rift opens and the like.

Why on earth the buildings in Scion are soft mapped and not hard coded, I have no bloody idea.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Shannae View Post
    This can happen virtually anywhere. I've had it happen in the middle of Stillmoor (let me tell you, Always Burning is a cinch to complete without any buildings in the way).

On the bugged charaters screen, most of the terrain is flat out gone, and they can run right through it like it isn't there - 'cause it ain't, for them. It's funny when the bugged character needs stairs to get up a hill or a bridge though - 'cause those ain't there, either.

The error seems to exclude everything in the terrain that is "soft mapped" versus "hard coded". For example, the bridge into Sanctum is hard coded and still present while bugged, but the staircases on either side of Tavril Plaza are soft mapped and vanish. This has to do with core functionality of Rift, since these soft mapped objects are how we get the terrain changes when a rift opens and the like.

Why on earth the buildings in Scion are soft mapped and not hard coded, I have no bloody idea.
    Just... WOW
    Impossible is nothing.

It's annoying, for sure!
    Dear Admin, please nerf rock because it is overpowered and takes no skill. Paper is fine, they just need to learn to play their calling. -Scissors.

+ Reply to Thread