+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: You cannot possibly be playing your own game at PVP

Soulwalker

Default You cannot possibly be playing your own game at PVP

If you did you would quickly realize how ridiculous an entire team standing at the spawn point waiting for it to end is killing your dream. Segregate p1 thru p8 for heavens sake. At p2 I can't do any damage and I can't survive. Oh I can do like they did and run hundreds of warfronts to get a little prestige but the point is it should be difficult, not boring or nauseating to have to run hundreds of things to gain the points necessary to be competitive. while I'm on the subject...come on! 460 T2 runs to get enough tokens for a set of gear? Another failed MMog....you guys still don't get it.

Champion

If they don't have extensive grind elements what reason do you have to keep playing and thus keep giving them your money?

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    If they don't have extensive grind elements what reason do you have to keep playing and thus keep giving them your money?
    Good, meaningful content would do the trick. You don't have to make everything a grind for something to be played. Well, you do if that's how bad your content is but good content doesn't get boring right away.

It's sad that most people only play games to grind nowadays. The point of playing Black Ops? Rank up, prestige, repeat till max then quit. Modern Warfare 2? Same thing. Any MMO? Same thing. Are there any games that people actually play for fun now?
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 09-22-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    yea I finished the grind and am now left with nothing to do. so, a non grindy fun game would keep my subscription probably even during diablo iii just to be able to play occasionally.

right now, I have no plans to keep the sub going. I don't care about 1.5 anymore, it's too late. I've had a pathetically weak rank 8 rogue for several weeks waiting for any kind of buff to come.

so a grind to nothing is not going to keep subs, and you can see that they have lost a ton because of that system already. if the game wasn't just a huge "get 50, get busy grinding" game, then it would live for years and years. RIFT released being the grind that wow is currently, but what they forgot is that wow had years of being an actually fun game before becoming the grindfest it is today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfTheGuardians View Post
    Good, meaningful content would do the trick. You don't have to make everything a grind for something to be played. Well, you do if that's how bad your content is but good content doesn't get boring right away.

It's sad that most people only play games to grind nowadays. The point of playing Black Ops? Rank up, prestige, repeat till max then quit. Modern Warfare 2? Same thing. Any MMO? Same thing. Are there any games that people actually play for fun now?
    i find that mortal kombat is pretty fun since I've stopped getting on RIFT. BF3 and Diablo III I plan to play with a non grindy pace. I do miss the days of not caring that I'm not max level or completely geared then getting there and having a ton of fun building up new characters and renewing the experience on my own. games like RIFT do not allow this because they keep a constant grind thrown at you so you only have one character to work on and when you reach the end finally you find that there was no point because there is nothing to enjoy at the end. I'm at the point where I was hoping the game would kick ***, but that it wasn't fun atm because I didn't have gear. I get the gear and get slammed with a horrible game after months of working to see if its fun lol...bummer design
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfTheGuardians View Post

I'd like to correct something before someone points it out to nit-pick.

I mean that in MMOs, you level up to max, gear up, then re-roll an alt and repeat until you have nothing to do. You don't really rank up and you certainly don't prestige (start over on the same character/account) in most MMOs. Just wanted to say that before someone nit-picks it.

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    i find that mortal kombat is pretty fun since I've stopped getting on RIFT. BF3 and Diablo III I plan to play with a non grindy pace. I do miss the days of not caring that I'm not max level or completely geared then getting there and having a ton of fun building up new characters and renewing the experience on my own. games like RIFT do not allow this because they keep a constant grind thrown at you so you only have one character to work on and when you reach the end finally you find that there was no point because there is nothing to enjoy at the end. I'm at the point where I was hoping the game would kick ***, but that it wasn't fun atm because I didn't have gear. I get the gear and get slammed with a horrible game after months of working to see if its fun lol...bummer design
    I can't wait to get my hands on BF3. Beta starts next week. I wasn't lucky enough to get into the alpha tests.
    Last edited by Reiz; 09-22-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Rift Disciple

p8s will quit if they seperate the tiers thats what frightens trion. They think the psychos outnumber the normals...trion is as much out of touch with thier game as big as the gear gap is between p1 and p8. I just cant believe this game went from being a lot of fun in beta to complete garbage in only 6 months. this steaming pile of crap will be f2p in another 6 months.
    oh and the definition of psycho? psychos team up with other psychos to demoralize the other side and would quit if there was any semblence of competition, The rest of us, win or lose would love competitive matches. That doesnt exist in rift, only roving bands of t8 predators out to make people quit YOUR game trion. good luck on your next game trion, next time try originality, i hear its a novel idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekette View Post
    If you did you would quickly realize how ridiculous an entire team standing at the spawn point waiting for it to end is killing your dream. Segregate p1 thru p8 for heavens sake. At p2 I can't do any damage and I can't survive. Oh I can do like they did and run hundreds of warfronts to get a little prestige but the point is it should be difficult, not boring or nauseating to have to run hundreds of things to gain the points necessary to be competitive. while I'm on the subject...come on! 460 T2 runs to get enough tokens for a set of gear? Another failed MMog....you guys still don't get it.
    Got to love dots ticking for 80 damage, void bolts hitting at r5 for 330? 51 lock spec with 80% more damage from talents??

Full pyro 51 pvp spec with over 100% more damage from talents and buffs, I'm getting fireballs for 400 and countdowns for 350ish?

LAWL I guess I am supposed to be killing stuff? How?

Quote Originally Posted by Alixtar View Post
    p8s will quit if they seperate the tiers thats what frightens trion. They think the psychos outnumber the normals...trion is as much out of touch with thier game as big as the gear gap is between p1 and p8. I just cant believe this game went from being a lot of fun in beta to complete garbage in only 6 months. this steaming pile of crap will be f2p in another 6 months.
    oh and the definition of psycho? psychos team up with other psychos to demoralize the other side and would quit if there was any semblence of competition, The rest of us, win or lose would love competitive matches. That doesnt exist in rift, only roving bands of t8 predators out to make people quit YOUR game trion. good luck on your next game trion, next time try originality, i hear its a novel idea.
    Of course they will quit, most of them love killing undergeared players.

How do I know? because I see the same r8s on guardian side queueing every day, that I know were r6 fully geared before the holiday double 2 week prestige / favor, which was about a month and a half ago?
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 09-22-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Got to love dots ticking for 80 damage, void bolts hitting at r5 for 330? 51 lock spec with 80% more damage from talents??

Full pyro 51 pvp spec with over 100% more damage from talents and buffs, I'm getting fireballs for 400 and countdowns for 350ish?

LAWL I guess I am supposed to be killing stuff? How?
    i thought this had already been well established in every thread you've ever posted in, pesmergia. you dont kill stuff. you fail at even the most basic elements of the game. this has nothing to do with your class...your build...your gear. its simply because your bad.

now...onto a more serious reply to this thread...

not all lowbies are equal. i've seen rank 2s in the top 5 KBs in WFs, even in the top 3.
    not all r8s are in premades. a r8 in a pug will dominate. but as this is a team game, his weakness will be his team. if you're doing pitifull damage against one player, switch targets. whittle away at the squishy supporting players and pretty soon the r8s will be left with no support.

trion is not ignoring the casual player. infact the opposite is true, valor has been normalized across all armour sets. pvp dailies...pvp rifts...escalation maps on the weekends...all contribute to increased prestige gain rates for lower levels. premade queues were introduced a while ago, but there simply isnt enough premades running for this system to be viable. introducing segregated warfront would only result in the same thing happening to pug queues. queue times for both low ranks and high ranks would explode.

i'm p8. would i stop queueing if trion introduced segregated queues? no. nor would most others.
    what could possibly happen, is the p8s would consider transfering to one server. many lower rank guildies of those p8s would likely follow.
    the lower ranks on that server would be slaughtered in opvp. the current lower ranks on other servers would find themselves in a wasteland once they finaly ranked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Of course they will quit, most of them love killing undergeared players.

How do I know? because I see the same r8s on guardian side queueing every day, that I know were r6 fully geared before the holiday double 2 week prestige / favor, which was about a month and a half ago?
    so when a player reaches r8 he should just quit pvp altogether?

r8s dont pvp because they enjoy killing lowbies. if this was true all the guardian r8s would be queueing from stonefield, where they'd be farming defiant lvl 23s between warfronts.

r8s continue to queue warfronts because they enjoy pvp. they got to r8 because they enjoy pvp so much, its all they do. they would rather pvp than pve.

r8s on guardian side continue to queue....so do r8s on the defiant side. they fight eachother too. infact, if you damn kids would get off my lawn....sorry...i mean if you lowbies would get out of the way when you see an enemy r8, your own r8s would probably really enjoy the impromptue duel. i know i would.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I hate to say this but Trion doesn't really care about pvp. It's just an afterthought just like in WoW, except WoW had 4 years to play around with it. Trion really only cares about instanced raiding, and even then it's super buggy. This isn't a shot at Trion, it's just really how it is. Will it change? Possibly. But yeah that's just how it is for the moment.

If droves of people leave and type in a letter about why pvp is so borked, they might change. But as of right now the game is doing pretty well so they'll just keep doing the same thing they have been doing from a business standpoint.
    Last edited by Azguard; 09-23-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Trion still needs to do a lot of work on the PvP side of their game, but honestly most of the players in warfronts are trash who don't understand the meaning of competition. Game changes aren't going to help them. They're there to farm/be farmed, get their gear and leave. They're not there to win, have fun or overcome challenges.

Trion can (and probably will) make drastic changes to PvP to make the trash players happy, but it won't help at all. Trash players will still lose to players who actually play to overcome challenges and win, and the trash players will still be unhappy.

Rift Disciple

Spawn camping has existed since the dawn of online gaming. And it will exist til the end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast