+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Oh yeah? Then roll one.

Default Oh yeah? Then roll one.

After leveling a warrior to R8, I took it upon myself to roll a cleric to mainly heal. Wow. All that I have to say to ANY cleric that I have ever griped at or whined about heals, I am sorry. This is a thankless job and no one is ever happy. I have more /ignores on my Cleric @ 43 than my R8 warrior. You can be the WF top heals and someone will still send you hate mail. I have always said, "Play like you won't get any heals. It will make you better." I stand by that. Thank your healers. If you die, it's your own fault. They are there to "help" you. Why would you piss them off?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    After leveling a warrior to R8, I took it upon myself to roll a cleric to mainly heal. Wow. All that I have to say to ANY cleric that I have ever griped at or whined about heals, I am sorry. This is a thankless job and no one is ever happy. I have more /ignores on my Cleric @ 43 than my R8 warrior. You can be the WF top heals and someone will still send you hate mail. I have always said, "Play like you won't get any heals. It will make you better." I stand by that. Thank your healers. If you die, it's your own fault. They are there to "help" you. Why would you piss them off?

But your massive healer damage is supposed to wipe the entire other team. I keep hearing of all these healers that top KB's, damage done, and healing done all while taunting the opposing team.

Yep, it's amazing how generally crappy people are to healers. Generally angry kids and true MMO newbs that have zero understanding of what's involved in healing. They don't even make an effort to protect their healers, just whine when they die.

I started ignoring people quickly a couple weeks ago and it has been fantastic. The thing is, if someone is a crap talking anti-social rage monkey, they're not going to change, so why read a second crap filled sentence?

"No more heals for you" used to be my favorite response, now it's just click/ignore.

I gave up playing my cleric because of the rage, people complained when I was full heal bot and people complained when I wanted to have some fun, so I shelved my cleric and got a 2nd mage to Lvl 50.

I make a point of not bashing healers, however I did bash 2 clerics the other day who were playing dps, one had zero kills, the other had 1....we had no healers and I said it would be more beneficial if they switched to healing (I even switched to my Chloro spec which I HATE playing), instead I got abused for bashing clerics and someone then complained my healing was terrible, I'd been in chloro mode for about 1 minute!! :P

Champion

I did. I got a lot of "good healz" compliments.

In warfronts the other day the only healer (after taking one too many yells of abuse) swapped from heals to dps. Couldn't say I blamed them tbh.

I do hope everyone else in that warfront also noticed how much faster we died and lost after that.

I hate any abuse from your 'own team' directed at team members in warfronts.
    Abusing your own team is STUPID. Abusing your only healer is DEADLY.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    I did. I got a lot of "good healz" compliments.
    Cool. That happens but a lot less than "why didn't you keep me alive!" Not everyone is a POS. Mostly the baddies blame you for being bad. Seriously, thanks to all of the healers.
    Last edited by Drude; 09-22-2011 at 05:33 PM.

It's also your fault when you lose, because you let your DPS die.

Just saying.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    It's also your fault when you lose, because you let your DPS die.

Just saying.
    That seems to be the popular excuse.

On my lowbie warrior I just started last night, we had one healer for like 4 BGs in a row. I followed her around like a stalker. You want to kill her, you go through me first. She thanked me for guarding her, I thanked her for the heals. We won 4 BGs. Correlated? I think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Champion

The only time I'll get on a clerics case if if they are specced for dps and refuse to change and we're losing for lack of heals. I think it's perfectly valid in that case.

a couple of these have already been mentioned...

if you want heals...bring your own
    if you roll a glass cannon, dont complain when you shatter.
    dont piss off your healer. if you do, he is no longer your healer.
    make your healers job easier, spec some survivability. dead dps is no dps.
    physician, heal thyself. spec some survivability. dead heals is no heals.
    if i have to keep you alive, and you're keeping me alive, who is killing the enemy?
    dps, heals have a range, try to stay within it.
    healers, dps need to push forward. so do you.
    play as if not expecting heals. be thankfull when you get them, dont complain when you dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    The only time I'll get on a clerics case if if they are specced for dps and refuse to change and we're losing for lack of heals. I think it's perfectly valid in that case.
    I won't even do it then. They wouldn't heal no matter what, so them DPSing on a cleric is no different to them DPSing on a different class. They're as much to blame as the Warriors and DPS mages and rogues for not playing a healer. If you're going to call someone out, you need to call everyone out. Mages who don't full Chloro, Rogues who don't bard and Warriors that don't guard or subdue.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by RagnorIronclad View Post
    I won't even do it then. They wouldn't heal no matter what, so them DPSing on a cleric is no different to them DPSing on a different class. They're as much to blame as the Warriors and DPS mages and rogues for not playing a healer. If you're going to call someone out, you need to call everyone out. Mages who don't full Chloro, Rogues who don't bard and Warriors that don't guard or subdue.
    I do. But warriors defensiveness and bards aren't a replacement for healing. They just compliment it. Ya'know? Almost like they're meant to support the others... I wonder if there is a term for that.

Have a cleric myself and people are generally cool about things. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm a cleric who is actually healing them. Most of the clerics in my war fronts roll dps.

Dps is fine to play as a cleric but when the raid is in desperate need of heals and the primary healing class is running around with an identity crisis, there will be comments.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast