+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Menaace
  • 1 Post By lmprov

Thread: <VIDEO> MMAC 10-man kiting of 25+ (winning with no clerics)

Default <VIDEO> MMAC 10-man kiting of 25+ (winning with no clerics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DBJiiDmSLE

It was a 10-man MMAC PvP group, we had one pug (Narkosis) who joined a few seconds prior to the engagement and I'm sure he had no clue what we were doing. We came across a raid+ of guardians doing PvP rifts, and decided to handle them appropriately

We spec for kiting in this style of play. All of our cooldowns, assist targets, kiting techniques well-practiced and coordinated.

And we did it ALL without a single cleric ;)

Hope you all enjoy the video!
    Menaace - P50 Mage, Annihilator, Executioner, <MMAC> Guild Leader
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20
    Menaace 1.7, 5-Spec, PvP VIDEO
    MMAC vs TFS 10v10's Episode 1 (with commentary)

With that many Chlorolocks and, judging by the hp of your targets, poorly geared enemies it's not really all the surprising. Plus I never saw 25+ on the screen at any given time, but I guess you never said they all would be.
    Even free cost too much now

So an organised group of PvP'ers filled with Chloro's attacked a pug group of low prestige players...what are we supposed to be looking at here?

Sword of Telara

Behold......

Chlorolocks are now good at pvp!

Bix
    Rift Chaser

I saw at least 4 people that weren't even max level, stopped watching at that point. Grats on killing lowbies and under geared 50s I guess.
    Last edited by Bix; 09-22-2011 at 03:59 PM.
    Nut - Warrior
    Aeyden - Mage
    Citadel

Youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    With that many Chlorolocks and, judging by the hp of your targets, poorly geared enemies it's not really all the surprising. Plus I never saw 25+ on the screen at any given time, but I guess you never said they all would be.
    Leaving a football field length of AoE slows and cc's between you and people you separate from the pack can only be done by extremely coordinated teams who time cool-downs. And Armada, Einherjar, Server Police (members in that pug raid) are known PvP guilds.

Also, we had zero chlorolocks... Strange comment, from people with zero knowledge of kiting, or mages. It's obvious to any mage just looking at the video and what spells are being cast is that there is 1 Full chloro, 2 chlorodoms, 2 SC/Doms, and 1 full SC. That's only 3 "chloro's".
    Last edited by Menaace; 09-22-2011 at 04:03 PM.
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20

Rift Chaser

I've never actually seen someone play a SC/Dominator spec. Not trying to bash it or anything, just generally curious what you like about it. Now that I've hit R8 I'm looking for something new, I don't like the fact that so many mainstream PvP specs are heavily reliant on Warlock.

Otherwise, I thought it was an entertaining video, the fact that people feel the need to critique it so hard is beyond me. It's a video of hectic world PvP, the fact that the people they were fighting weren't all R8 doesn't make it any less comical. When you're running with a small group of friends and get ambushed by a raid of 20+ that still can't kill you, it's funny.
    Saved@Briarcliff
    I play a Mage, just throwing it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by lmprov View Post
    I've never actually seen someone play a SC/Dominator spec. Not trying to bash it or anything, just generally curious what you like about it. Now that I've hit R8 I'm looking for something new, I don't like the fact that so many mainstream PvP specs are heavily reliant on Warlock.

Otherwise, I thought it was an entertaining video, the fact that people feel the need to critique it so hard is beyond me. It's a video of hectic world PvP, the fact that the people they were fighting weren't all R8 doesn't make it any less comical. When you're running with a small group of friends and get ambushed by a raid of 20+ that still can't kill you, it's funny.
    Of course you don't see too many of them, this game is like 99% easy-mode warlock. Team PvP is all about CC and CC-timing\coordination and SC\Dom is an RvR build that specializes in kiting... as in one of your most important CC classes. You'd want at least 1 (2 optimal) for a 20v20. Can't really unveil as to why, trade secret of course, but you can see what we do kind of in the video. We time our cd's and line up certain CC's back to back to separate people, trap them, slow them down. In the end, the goal is to keep a warrior train from being able to rush your back line (your mages/clerics) no matter how many try to rush you. And we are very good at doing that... just lots of practice.
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20

Ascendant

It's impressive, but abusing a thoroughly overpowered class - still, no denying the skill involved.

"Known as one of the world's top PvP guilds throughout multiple games, and now known as the single most dangeous and most successful defiant PvP guild in all of Rift. Constantly innovating, constantly two steps ahead of everyone. We are MMAC."

This statement was on your guild website, I personally have never heard of your guild and I've played rift since beta, what battlegroup are you on?

Ascendant

nice 600 damage ABs

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    "Known as one of the world's top PvP guilds throughout multiple games, and now known as the single most dangeous and most successful defiant PvP guild in all of Rift. Constantly innovating, constantly two steps ahead of everyone. We are MMAC."

This statement was on your guild website, I personally have never heard of your guild and I've played rift since beta, what battlegroup are you on?
    Molinar, then Deepstrike.

"Juggernaut"
    http://forums.riftgame.com/shard-for...pvp-rifts.html

"They're (MMAC) completely ruining the warfront experience for all Guardians I know, to the point where it's abject misery" someone "cough'd" our name on page 5 or somewhere to clarify who the thread was about
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...wargroups.html

We get around
    Last edited by Menaace; 09-22-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20

Clearly this is proof that clerics are overpowered.

I mean, wait. What.

In all seriousness though, it's stuff like this that makes me wish my guild didn't have PvE as the priority.

This guy and his guild are horrible. Gets regularly farmed on Deepstrike by 5man grps with their normal 20+raids.

Dont buy into all the ******** he spews trying to talk himself up. On paper he knows what hes talking about with coordination, ect ,ect. But he fails to execute any of it against a proper grp.

Rift Disciple

You're an embarrassment to Deepstrike.

+ Reply to Thread