+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ashrai

Thread: Whats the point of PVP which is so slanted in favour of one faction??

Soulwalker

Default Whats the point of PVP which is so slanted in favour of one faction??

In warfront actions one faction always wins about 95-97% of the time and by considerable amounts too. I foresee most Guardians not even bothering to play soon if this disparity continues. A recent game had Defiants winning 1000 to 35 and in the end most Guardians didn't even bother to play any more. It would also mean that winning all the time would generate more points and the same faction would get even stronger compared to the Guardians. So what is the point of PVP other than gaining better armour and weapons for PVE. There is certainly no balanced competition which makes for a better contest. The delvelopers of this game need to rethink these warfront PVP to at least have a more balanced game. Give both sides a chance to win for a change!

having both a r4 guard and defiant on the same server i can assure you both sides have games where they get owned. Any unbalanced in map (if there are any) is mitigated by the first 4 seconds of team work from either side

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tanglefoot View Post
    In warfront actions one faction always wins about 95-97% of the time and by considerable amounts too. I foresee most Guardians not even bothering to play soon if this disparity continues. A recent game had Defiants winning 1000 to 35 and in the end most Guardians didn't even bother to play any more. It would also mean that winning all the time would generate more points and the same faction would get even stronger compared to the Guardians. So what is the point of PVP other than gaining better armour and weapons for PVE. There is certainly no balanced competition which makes for a better contest. The delvelopers of this game need to rethink these warfront PVP to at least have a more balanced game. Give both sides a chance to win for a change!
    You know. There are shards and battlegroups where the opposite is true, and I'm guessing there are ones where it is nice and balanced. Sounds like you need to look into a new place to call home...

But if it's not fun, why do it?

Do defiance get more favour and prestige than guardians?
    Are defiance allowed more people within a pvp instance than guardians?

No?

Then population imbalance has no affect on wf.

So what is the point of ____ other than gaining better armour and weapons for ____.

Welcome to MMO's.

Seriously tho, we see these observations every week. You can interchange "Defiant" with "Guardian" depending on the cluster, time of day, whether it's the weekend or not, etc.

Sure there are assumptions about the *type* of player that may choose one faction over another, and you can sometimes see that play out with some degree of accuracy on the battlefield, but for the most part- one side has to lose and one side has to win. The degree of win or lose is up to every player in the WF.

All you can do is show up, try your best, communicate with your team, keep your big guns healed and your healers safe. If all else fails, just suck up the loss and go right back and queue again. Or work your queue timing to where the failboat misses you on its next stop.
    Last edited by Ashrai; 09-22-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    Ashrai@Deepwood
    Sporeslinger of <Godlike Awesomeness>

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post

Then population imbalance has no affect on wf.
    PvP rifts reward Prestige and Favor, and Guardians can barely do them on Freeholme. It can take me most of the week to close the 5 for the weekly quest.
    Even free cost too much now

Telaran

Because it is all based on gear. The team with the most gear wins. And if they massively out gear you they are going to own you hard.

As you can see in Black Garden when one side is beating down the other, the loosing team will just give up and goof around until it is over, because they know they cant compete with the gear or in some cases the team work of the other team. The faction doesn't matter, once one side decides it is going to loose most of them splitter and do their own thing.
    Last edited by Shadyne; 09-22-2011 at 03:27 PM.

It's funny, but a while ago, a bunch of Guardians from my server pool were complaining that they were winning under 10% of the time while at the same time, I was winning 60% of my matches as a guardian.

Different people in the same server cluster can have very different results.

Unless Trion is forcing the Defiant to beat you with an invisible buff, your QQ means nothing. Work as a team and you might win. That would require communication and thought, though, so you'd probably rather QQ about not facerolling the Defiant.
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 09-22-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    PvP rifts reward Prestige and Favor, and Guardians can barely do them on Freeholme. It can take me most of the week to close the 5 for the weekly quest.
    People *****ed about this before the rifts so it's not an excuse. However you get more rewards doing wf at the end of the day.

No excuses.

+ Reply to Thread