• 1 Post By Qia
  • 1 Post By Baramos
  • 3 Post By Kronos v
  • 1 Post By Kronos v
  • 1 Post By Fatalflaw

Thread: Why do you have penalties for leaving wf

Rift Chaser

Default Why do you have penalties for leaving wf

The penalties for leaving wf are completely unnecessary. Every wf requires at least a little teamwork, but sometimes you get grouped with a completly re tarded team and you have no choice but to stay because if you leave you get a penalty.

I just dont understand how developers think its fun for someone to be forced to stay with a ret arded group, and last time I checked the purpose of playing rift is to have fun.

People should be able to enter/leave wf whenever they please.
    Last edited by Andre1; 09-22-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Plane Walker

You can soulrecall once per hour without getting the debuff.

Otherwise everyone would just leave at the slightest oppoistion and WF-hop around.
    Last edited by Tulia; 09-22-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Ascendant

There was no penalty for leaving when the game was launched and people would do exactly as you say...join a match, decide they weren't dominating to their liking, and just leave and re-queue. What that often meant is that it left your team shorthanded while they waited for the queue to bring in someone else and then for that new player to get up to speed with what was going on and take up a position to contribute. And the trouble was that people abused the hell out of it to the extent that if you were losing by even a little bit, all of a sudden half your team would leave. Other team picks up the fang in BG? Half your team leaves. Other team is first to cap Codex? Half your team leaves. It was lame and it basically meant that if you fell behind at all, any chance to recover was shot to hell because of the people leaving you shorthanded until replacements could be brought in.

You enter a warfront, you fight, and you win or you lose as a team. If you only want to stay if you're winning, eat your debuff or just don't queue.
    Last edited by Licentia; 09-22-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Your leaving the warfront leaves your team at a pure numbers disadvantage.

Leaving just because you are not winning(oh noes wtf! why we not facerolling every warfront?) is childish.

You are punished to prevent this.

Its not a hard concept.

Wykar <GOON SQUAD> R8 Warrior Seastone

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post

Leaving just because you are not winning(oh noes wtf! why we not facerolling every warfront?) is childish.

Its not a hard concept.
    I don't know. I mean I agree with the fact that there should be a punishement for just leaving a warfront.
    But I also think there should be a failsafe.

Example:
    More then 40% of your team consists of Rogues should enable you to leave the warfront.
    No Warrior in the raid should enable you to leave the warfront.
    If mages consist of more then 40% of your population and every mage play a ****ty chlorolock spec you should be able to leave the warfront.

In my opinion this would enable you to not get frustrated.
    Ip

Quote Originally Posted by Andre1 View Post
    The penalties for leaving wf are completely unnecessary.
    I already get tired of joining games down hundreds of points with basically no chance for a comeback because someone (One of the people who created the problem) leaves the warfront and that would just get worse if you could do it with no penalty. All people are doing when they leave is making a temporary uneven match in terms of numbers and screwing the person over who joins in their place.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post

Its not a hard concept.
    Except when the game has balance issues as huge as warriors, and every warfront win/loss is determined by which side has more warriors it doesn't make sense to make people sit in it.

no one likes joining a match thats already losing 32-643.
    so to reduce abuse by players such as the OP, we have the quiter debuff. yes OP, you are a quitter. the debuff exists purely to hinder the actions of players such as yourself from griefing your faction through your own sense of self entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Bix
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    If mages consist of more then 40% of your population and every mage play a ****ty chlorolock spec you should be able to leave the warfront.
    This pretty much sums up your understanding of the game I think.
    Nut - Warrior
    Aeyden - Mage
    Citadel

Youtube channel

Before I knew about the Soul Recall trick, I agreed with the OP. Every once in awhile you have to stop playing and help your GF with something dumb. As a casual player, I was mad that I was being penalized for being casual. That said, one free recall from a WF per hour is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre1 View Post
    The penalties for leaving wf are completely unnecessary. Every wf requires at least a little teamwork, but sometimes you get grouped with a completly re tarded team and you have no choice but to stay because if you leave you get a penalty.

I just dont understand how developers think its fun for someone to be forced to stay with a ret arded group, and last time I checked the purpose of playing rift is to have fun.

People should be able to enter/leave wf whenever they please.
    Warfronts end when there are not a certain number of players in a match.

Being able to just leave without any side effect would be a terrible idea.

One reason I can think of is: it's not fair to wait 10+ minutes in queue only to join a WF and be added to group 1 and your team is already down 850-50. Ever been the last person in a wf & you end up in group 1 b/c someone dropped wf? I have & it sucks.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    If mages consist of more then 40% of your population and every mage play a ****ty chlorolock spec

wut

Quote Originally Posted by Delillo View Post
    Before I knew about the Soul Recall trick, I agreed with the OP. Every once in awhile you have to stop playing and help your GF with something dumb. As a casual player, I was mad that I was being penalized for being casual. That said, one free recall from a WF per hour is fine.
    if you voluntarilly leave a match (due to having to deal with RL stuff) the debuff is only 15 minutes. since most of this time will be taken up with dealing with the RL stuff and not ingame, its hardly a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Shield of Telara

Allowing people to join/leave warfronts non-stop penalty free would make for some really bad one-sided games. Same result as allowing people to server transfer every week to whatever cluster wins non-stop for their faction. People "team stacking" and fleeing when the odds are against them makes the entire situation worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

+ Reply to Thread