+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zoofar

Thread: Easier strategy oganization in PUG WF's maybe?

Telaran

Default Easier strategy oganization in PUG WF's maybe?

General idea: to improve ease of organizing strategies in WF's for PUGs. Make it easier for those willing to lead in a constructive way to do so.
    Why? 'Cause it's more fun for everyone, including newbies

Some current issues imho, some big some very small:

People don't realize they are raid leaders until screamed at in /raid
    Improvement suggestion:
    Make some sort of highly visible icon light up in the WF banner to indicate you are leader

Raidleader is unchangeable if you can not "connect" to randomly picked leader.
    Imp.Sugg:
    Make raidleader changeable by vote.

It takes too long to get "orders" through in raid chat by typing, and not sure people even notice raid chat at times. Organization is essential for winning WF's ofc, and is a funfactor multiplier.
    Imp.Sugg:
    Implement some sort very easy access clickable "order interface". This would ofc be doable by macros but people in general don't and would never use em. Needs to be easy access and finish implement for it to be used. Could be as simple as: click a button to display raidmess "inc codex", or "all assault <waypoint>. Could prob be more complex too and separate interface for each WF. The sky is the limit ^^.

Troll away, or be creative ;)

Good Idea -

Easy fix for all of this and what we used in the Ettenmoors, CounterStrike and a ton of other FPS games.

VOICE CHAT -

We have the server, we just need to add the slots to handle larger amounts of players. We have it broken up to WF channels with 3 instances per map. Only for level 50.

When ever you see us in the Deepstrike rotation in WF, Ask for IP and we can all hook up.

Six

Your idea about making the raid leader more visible is great. Ive seen it happen many times. Raid leader not knowing he/she has lead until screamed at. Maybe a bright, gold crown over raid leader's head?
    A computer once beat me at chess but it sure couldn't beat me at kick boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by siix View Post
    Good Idea -

Easy fix for all of this and what we used in the Ettenmoors, CounterStrike and a ton of other FPS games.

VOICE CHAT -

We have the server, we just need to add the slots to handle larger amounts of players. We have it broken up to WF channels with 3 instances per map. Only for level 50.

When ever you see us in the Deepstrike rotation in WF, Ask for IP and we can all hook up.

Six
    Built in voice chat for players of the same group/ raid has been suggested before. As for as I know, Trion never responded. A great idea imo.
    A computer once beat me at chess but it sure couldn't beat me at kick boxing.

How about allowing anyone in the raid to mark targets? That's really the only benefit that a leader has, and more times than not, there's only one or two people that will actually mark anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by zoofar View Post

Improvement suggestion:
    Make some sort of highly visible icon light up in the WF banner to indicate you are leader
    While I've never been a fan of big blinking buttons to get people to see what they should be paying attention to anyway, after a while I've realized that people aren't paying attention. Definitely some type of icon or something is needed. I hate to bring up "that other game" but wasn't there something in the LFD functions where you got a window saying "are you willing to perform leader duties"? Or am I thinking of the whole sitting in the emergency row thing on planes. Same concept tho. When you join, it should pop up a window: "You are the Warfront Leader- click OK to accept or Decline to pass it to next person". Problem solved.

Imp.Sugg:
    I have a fear this would end up in even more attention being given on things other than the game. People are fighting to stay alive, the loot window is bad enough, let alone another window asking you to vote on leader change.

It takes too long to get "orders" through in raid chat by typing, and not sure people even notice raid chat at times. Organization is essential for winning WF's ofc, and is a funfactor multiplier.
    Imp.Sugg:
    Implement some sort very easy access clickable "order interface". This would ofc be doable by macros but people in general don't and would never use em. Needs to be easy access and finish implement for it to be used. Could be as simple as: click a button to display raidmess "inc codex", or "all assault <waypoint>. Could prob be more complex too and separate interface for each WF. The sky is the limit ^^.
    Back when I first started playing competitve UT, people didn't use coms because most of them lagged you out. We used keybinds. Also, UT had them built into the game "Cover me" "Get the flag back" etc. Problem is, the types of players who are communicating in WFs are usually the types who may already have made a keybind or two. The type of player who's going to be running around without any idea of objectives and not coordinating, is also the type who would probably ignore any other functions put in game to enable him/her to coordinate. But I agree it would be nice to have *something* if only for newer people who DO want to contribute, to have a way to do it easier.

Perhaps a few icons on each "jewel" that could be activated: "Incoming" "Need support" "All clear" etc. It might be a good set of training wheels for people to get the hang of actually coordinating.

At the end of the day, you can put all these functions in, and some people are still going to rambo around doing their own thing without any regard for the objectives or their team.
    Ashrai@Deepwood
    Sporeslinger of <Godlike Awesomeness>

Quote Originally Posted by zoofar View Post
    General idea: to improve ease of organizing strategies in WF's for PUGs. Make it easier for those willing to lead in a constructive way to do so.
    Why? 'Cause it's more fun for everyone, including newbies

Some current issues imho, some big some very small:

Improvement suggestion:

Imp.Sugg:

Imp.Sugg:

Troll away, or be creative ;)
    The last thing I want during a warfront is a vote box popping up on my screen. Honestly, scrap the marking, learn to assist.

+ Reply to Thread