+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So who else thinks the Premade Queue killed PVP in this game.

Default So who else thinks the Premade Queue killed PVP in this game.

What i mean is, If ya have 5 people, It's actually not that bad, usually get a pop in 5 or 10 mins.. I can wait that long.

problem is, If ya have 3 or 4 people, You're pretty much screwed, the wait is bloody terribe..like 20+ mins.

My Guild went from playing together every night, to basically being forced to play separately if we didn't have a full group on.

What was terrible is when we have 3 people, Basically 2 people are forced to group, while the 3rd attempts to queue a long side them to get in the same game.

That's just a silly way to have a Queue system.

It also didn't help that we honestly fought more premades when the queue system was not Separate because you actually had premades queueing..
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

I do... our guild stopped pvping and everyone just solo queues ... (and not the 3,2,1 method)

On the Bright side BF3 beta on the 27th
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Yep. The change didn't keep premades out of pugs. And screwed over precedes at same time.

What sucks is no being able to queue in as a five man raid....so if you try to do pvp rifts or open would...you're constantly reforming groups...

Not to mention this change inhibits group play.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

The premade fear is such a joke. Nothing says a premade isn't a bunch of terrible players who all invited each other. Aside from maybe coordinated getting on a voice chat program for better team communication, I just don't see the advantage. It's like not pre-mades get morphed into voltron rift robots, just hit better buttons at better times and you win.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-22-2011 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    just hit better buttons at better times and you win.
    They don't want to win. They just want everyone else to lose like they lose.

And here we are because of it.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Soulwalker

i loved this game but i have to tell this: an mmo game that prefer casuals over organized players in pvp is not a good game...u know we have single player games for soloing around... this is the abc of a game and all the QQs on this and that OP souls are nuts..
    Last edited by Misslol; 09-22-2011 at 01:54 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    The premade fear is such a joke. Nothing says a premade isn't a bunch of terrible players who all invited each other. Aside from maybe coordinated getting on a voice chat program for better team communication, I just don't see the advantage. It's like not pre-mades get morphed into voltron rift robots, just hit better buttons at better times and you win.
    This is probably the dumbest thing I've heard in quite a while. The sheer advantage of a group of 5 people being on vent while in a warfront is enough to win the match alone. I do not know how warfronts are in your battlegroup, but in mine pug vs pug we win Id say about 7-8 out of 10 matches (defiants). The problem is that guardians realize their pugs are garbage so they run premades constantly and somehow always manage to get placed against a pug instead of a defiant premade, and of course they do nothing but faceroll. I am the type of person that will call it like I see it, you on the hand are "oh Im a pvp badass, premades are nothing and I will solo them all" get a f*$king clue ****. I would believe at best you might possibly win 1 match out of 15 vs a premade. On my battlegroup if we get a <Never Die> premade we have a 50/50 shot at winning because their guild is just filled with garbage players, any other premade its nothing short of get ready to be farmed. Trion should really do something about this, PUGS should not have to play against premades....

our pugs beat premades all the time.

the gear disparity is the real issue. The team with more r8's wins. Being R8 is a double edged sword, not only do you have the best gear but you also have the 100's of hours required to hit the low skill cap of this game.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

we used to try to premade queue. but waiting 20-30min for a pop is just stupid.
    -Skavok - MaleViolence -

Premades would be less of an issue - and restrictions could be more readily removed - if warfronts weren't:

- Designed to encourage farming
    - Designed to make domination not only possible, but probable

Take Codex, for example. If you dominate the enemy in every encounter and go cap all four flags, you have a good 5 minutes (I'm estimating) during which your team literally has nothing to do other than try to eke out what little kills they can from a now angry and disgruntled team that is likely to stay at their spawn. Not an entertaining match for anyone, unless you're the type that enjoys beating on an already bruised and hospitalized enemy.

There are certain thresholds in nearly every map (Black Garden maybe being the exception) where once the enemy has a significant lead, you might as well end the warfront because there's no way in hell you're going to come back with the team you have. In those cases, a mercy rule of some sort would be really nice. There's no reason why players should be subject to painfully long warfronts after it has become obvious which side is going to win.

And with diminishing returns on favor/prestige from kills, it's not like dominating teams are going to get much out of dominating anyway, other than an assured win. Which is why I would say that warfronts tend to be way too long in general. For example, I don't think I've ever seen Black Garden end due to time running out. And Whitefall (normal) can be dragged out very painfully every time, which can lead to some interesting matches, but also leads to a poor ratio of time invested vs. reward.

Plane Walker

Premades are only a really smart part of PvP. And for most people (the Puggers) a negative as that.
    So PvP will never be tailored around that small part- sorry to say that.

The rising queue times for solo definiants (have been instant 2 months ago... now 5-10mins everywhere), thats whats slowly killing instanced PvP.

And Premades only make sense when matched against premades. Sure, two R8s stomp a 5ppl R3-5 premade but otherwise premades matched against premades is what's the best solution, even if those queues are long.

Though yes, sometimes I'd rather have the old system back as well. Not often though
    Last edited by Tulia; 09-22-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nefariouz View Post
    This is probably the dumbest thing I've heard in quite a while. The sheer advantage of a group of 5 people being on vent while in a warfront is enough to win the match alone.
    Vent has nothing to do with it. It's not like people re-enact the speech from Braveheart and it gives an AP/SP buff. Most vent conversations are just people bull****ting.

Premades tend to do better because they have the correct mix of roles. That's what Trion screws you, me and everybody out of with this forced PuGing.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaedyan View Post
    Vent has nothing to do with it. It's not like people re-enact the speech from Braveheart and it gives an AP/SP buff. Most vent conversations are just people bull****ting.
    While there is a good amount of just regular talking going on over vent, to act as if vent was in no way an advantage would be a lie. You can coordinate much much more easily then with text chat. I mean, how many healers in WFs are paying attention to chat when there is a lot of healing to be done? Not many, but on the same token the healer on vent gets all of the information and when the information is still viable due to the inherent advantages voice communication offers.

It's like comparing a phone to a telegraph, one is obviously superior.

Premades tend to do better because they have the correct mix of roles. That's what Trion screws you, me and everybody out of with this forced PuGing.
    That's just the icing on the cake.
    Also, it's only the premaders who are out the ability to have a group with the correct mix of roles because PUGgers have been experiencing it from the very beginning which helped to make the PUG vs Premade problem what it is today.

It's one thing fighting a premade that you might be able to do something against, or get some gain in the long run, but it's another to be continuously pitted against a Premade with a good class mix and voice communication while you're being camped in spawn because you were unlucky enough to end up in a group w/o a single healer.

Your group might have been able to put up a good fight or even win had the only thing stacked against you was an inferior form of communication, but as it had stood, PUGgers had everything stacked against them while Premades had everything in their favor.
    Last edited by Bobjohnson; 09-22-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    I do... our guild stopped pvping and everyone just solo queues ... (and not the 3,2,1 method)

On the Bright side BF3 beta on the 27th
    Coincidentally that's the day my sub runs out.

Shadowlander

the real question is, what did it fix? Premades still stomp pugs (yes they wait a little longer in the que to do it but they still do it) ...geared r6's+ still crush the newbies (the same folks that trion made the rules for are still getting wasted out there)... and it killed my little premade that ran every night with 2-5 guys.

So I agree 100% with the OP. I went from fun with friends to just queing solo to get the daily done and thats all. I cant think of a single good thing that has come from the que change.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast