+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Trion <Rated PvP> Tell all

RIFT Guide Writer

Exclamation Trion <Rated PvP> Tell all

Trion, I would love to know if you have plans on making any rated pvp for the continued enjoyment of the pvp community. I bring this up because of the addition of a new warfront; that is nice, just not enough to keep my attention since I'm fully geared and just getting favor with nothing to spend it on.

Give the community some information and explain the plans of the future for PvP. More importantly "rated" PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    Trion, I would love to know if you have plans on making any rated pvp for the continued enjoyment of the pvp community. I bring this up because of the addition of a new warfront; that is nice, just not enough to keep my attention since I'm fully geared and just getting favor with nothing to spend it on.

Give the community some information and explain the plans of the future for PvP. More importantly "rated" PvP.
    MMOs don't need to be e-sports.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Lande View Post
    MMOs don't need to be e-sports.

This is true.
    I have no reason to keep playing in War fronts atm.

Are you fully geared? Think about the situation I'm in.

I would rather see the ability to que as a premade raid group that pits one pvp guild against other premade raid groups for the pvp guilds cross shard or same shard which ever pops first. No special rewards other than the normal amount of favor / prestige where applicable. this can be usefull for all the pvp guilds to have more competition. as far as rated bgs that seems to tend to infer that one should get special rewards and i think that should not be allowed.
    Im a little dark rain cloud hovering here over the honey tree, for every one knows a rain cloud wont eat honey not a drip.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    This is true.
    I have no reason to keep playing in War fronts atm.

Are you fully geared? Think about the situation I'm in.
    Once the population of Rift "settles in" to 12-15 servers, PvP will comprise a very small portion of the subscriber base. Subsequently, any investment Trion puts into PvP will be based on the ROI they can expect for such a small target group.

So unless something changes drastically within the playerbase I suspect features like this will not present a profitable scenario to Trion.
    Last edited by Vexille; 09-21-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexille View Post
    Once the population of Rift "settles in" to 12-15 servers, PvP will comprise a very small portion of the subscriber base. Subsequently, any investment Trion puts into PvP will be based on the ROI they can expect for such a small target group.

So unless something changes drastically within the playerbase I suspect features like this will not present a profitable scenario to Trion.
    How will that affect PvE players at all? It just gives the PvPers something to do, and a reason to keep playing. So actually, it would be a very goot investment.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Quote Originally Posted by Vexille View Post

While i Rarelly if ever disagree with you vexille i do agree with almost all your opinions and highly respect them. but in this case i feel that PVp for some players myself included is allot of fun. i do not like raiding and i like pvping with allot of the regulars i see in the WF's. I will agree however that there are allot of pve'rs that que for smiles and grins and you can tell who they are right from the get go. but there are allot of us pvp'rs as well that enjoy pvp. i think that not investing in pvp would be a mistake.

Amber
    Im a little dark rain cloud hovering here over the honey tree, for every one knows a rain cloud wont eat honey not a drip.

RIFT Guide Writer

Just how raids keep progressing into harder content, the PvP community needs a similar progression. The grind through to P8 is a nice time sink but I want to PvP and earn better gear and loot than the average pvp player.

Think about it. This concept goes the same for the PvE community.
    Last edited by ChrisN; 09-21-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: typo

RIFT Guide Writer

I must bump this for a good cause.

They are probably working on it already. Just about every multiplayer game now has leaderboards and ranking it's something that comes with competitive multiplayer games. Certainly not all games with leaderboards or a player ranking system is an "e-sport" either.

Don't understand why PvE players are so afraid of PvP stuff but PvPers pay a subscription to play just like PvErs so enough with trying to dismiss their wants.
    Farting in your dungeon and taking all the purples!

TRION should implement some form of rated pvp that rewards relic gear like what people get from doing difficult pve encounters, this would draw in a huge pvp following across multiple shards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

I suppose nobody payed attention back at the beginning of rift when Trion said there would NEVER be any e-sports or rated pvp in Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Uruloki View Post
    I suppose nobody payed attention back at the beginning of rift when Trion said there would NEVER be any e-sports or rated pvp in Rift.
    You never know, things always change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    TRION should implement some form of rated pvp that rewards relic gear like what people get from doing difficult pve encounters, this would draw in a huge pvp following across multiple shards.
    I really like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Uruloki View Post
    Rated play does not necessarily turn it into an e-sport. Tourneys do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast