+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prestige, Favor, and PvP gear, Oh my!

Rift Disciple

Default Prestige, Favor, and PvP gear, Oh my!

Couple quick questions as I am new to rift and just need a quick answer to a few things.

I understand as soon as I hit 50 I will start gaining prestige to rank up "Prestige Ranks" and I have a ton of favor saved up for when I hit 50 soon. Someone mentioned I need to buy every set of gear in order to purchase the next set?

So as soon as I hit 50, I need to spend 75k favor on the crappiest set of PvP gear in order to be able to purchase and wear the "Prestige Rank 2" set? I just wanna make sure this is the case, because looking at the numbers it will be fairly easy to get to PR2 especially if I'm healing, and I don't wanna waste all that favor on gear I'm going to out level quickly if I don't have too.

Thanks and appreciate the feedback,

Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Sinical Healer View Post
    Couple quick questions as I am new to rift and just need a quick answer to a few things.

I understand as soon as I hit 50 I will start gaining prestige to rank up "Prestige Ranks" and I have a ton of favor saved up for when I hit 50 soon. Someone mentioned I need to buy every set of gear in order to purchase the next set?

So as soon as I hit 50, I need to spend 75k favor on the crappiest set of PvP gear in order to be able to purchase and wear the "Prestige Rank 2" set? I just wanna make sure this is the case, because looking at the numbers it will be fairly easy to get to PR2 especially if I'm healing, and I don't wanna waste all that favor on gear I'm going to out level quickly if I don't have too.

Thanks and appreciate the feedback,

Sin
    That's correct. You need to have P1 gear before you can buy P2 and so on.
    Also, on the PTS they've changed it so you can only buy T2 gear if you have the T1 gear. So they'll be making that change for 1.5 as well for the T1/T2 gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass
    People on the internet are jerks, deal with it.

When you go to buy the gear that you want to get, it will picture a "trade in" item that you will need to have in your inventory to buy that gear. Its the new program that is confusing at first but simple after a few times. Yes, you will most likely have to buy some crappy gear to trade in for better gear.

Rift Disciple

You can buy umm 3 armor pieces from the p2 vendor as you start out and the rest of that set once you hit p2. Cant remember if rings are available as you start out but i think so. Some people would suggest buying scion stuff I on the other hand say, dont bother you will replace it soon anyways and it really wont make any difference for your survival =) so just save the favor.
    There is a pure favor merchant that holds weapons/wands etc that will be required to be able to buy p4 weaps/wands.

+ Reply to Thread