+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why do guardians get a higher base damage 2H weapon than defiants in PVP?

Default Why do guardians get a higher base damage 2H weapon than defiants in PVP?

Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

Shadowlander

Are you crying about 0.2 dps?

The max top end damage doesn't matter.

If you really want something to cry about, how about the fact that the Guardians get a best in slot greater essence that's available via a quest. It's absurdly better than anything the Defiants have access to. http://rift.zam.com/en/item/8CEC80B2.../Necrotic-Rage

IMHO, no side should have exclusive access to anything that is best in slot.

Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange View Post
    Are you crying about 0.2 dps?

The max top end damage doesn't matter.
    You do know a higher top end gives you bigger hits with crits right. I swear too many people talk with out thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Githil View Post
    You do know a higher top end gives you bigger hits with crits right. I swear too many people talk with out thinking.

My point exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    If you really want something to cry about, how about the fact that the Guardians get a best in slot greater essence that's available via a quest. It's absurdly better than anything the Defiants have access to. http://rift.zam.com/en/item/8CEC80B2.../Necrotic-Rage

Ahhh. Those are the Mythic devs shining through. They just can't make both sides the same, aka Warhammer.
    Last edited by Drude; 09-21-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Plane Walker

report as a bug I don't think they intended it to be any difference between defiant and guardian pvp weapons and armor.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Githil View Post
    No, it doesn't.

The 'spread' is the same. If the bigger weapon had a lower min and higher high, it might work, but it is the same.

All weapon attacks are normalized based on weapon DPS, not it's damage per swing.

No, it doesn't.

The 'spread' is the same. If the bigger weapon had a lower min and higher high, it might work, but it is the same.

All weapon attacks are normalized based on weapon DPS, not it's damage per swing.

Oh yeah? So why do I crit for 1800 RWs with a hunters pursuit and 1950 with intimidating shovel? You trying to tell me that my auto attacks are going to even it out? Or some other invisible thing you want to claim?
    Last edited by Serashen; 09-21-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post

I want that!!!!

No, it doesn't.

That's the point, the Guardian one is 58.3 while the Defiant one is 58.1. The other stats on it are exactly the same, the Guardian one is just literally better.

Saizen - Warrior - Trinity - Keenblade

|GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P7|

Quote Originally Posted by Saizen View Post
    That's the point, the Guardian one is 58.3 while the Defiant one is 58.1. The other stats on it are exactly the same, the Guardian one is just literally better.
    Right, that PLUS the base damage...It's higher on the axe, which means bigger hits. Test it yourself if you don't believe me. Check any same tier weapon...Hunters pursuit and intimidating shovel in my case...shovel hits harder on EVERYTHING. Moar Deeps.

I'm referring to the 155-288 vs 138-257. It matters.
    Last edited by Serashen; 09-21-2011 at 09:20 AM.

cmon devs...give me a valid reason as to why they get the better weapon...I'd love to hear your justification.

Ascendant

This does add about 150 damage to some crits, etc.. It as not as tiny of a difference as it seems because crits are figured off the highest base damage of the weapon, so higher damage = way bigger crits. I would guess this is probably a mistake.

Ascendant

And before you say "weapon speed balances it out" remember that most of your damage comes from your abilities, and weapon speed does not effect their recharge rate - but weapon damage DOES affect your crits. This is why slower, harder hitting weapons are superior.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast