+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Variety in PVP weapons.

Shadowlander

Default Variety in PVP weapons.

I know this has probably already been addressed but i'm going to do it again. We need to have some more variety in the weapons we can purchase with favor. The defiant get a two handed axe for their first PVP weapon and then at prestige rank 4 they get another axe at p6 and p8 they get the option to a two handed sword. The guardians get an axe the whole entire time they rank up their prestige. Where is the variety? Even for those that DW they get a sword or a dagger, why not add axes or maces for melee DPS? How about a gun and a bow for the ranged classes? It's more cosmetic than anything and its about all I can find to complain about but a bigger variety would be nice so you don't feel like you are wearing the same weapon when you get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Telan View Post
    I know this has probably already been addressed but i'm going to do it again. We need to have some more variety in the weapons we can purchase with favor. The defiant get a two handed axe for their first PVP weapon and then at prestige rank 4 they get another axe at p6 and p8 they get the option to a two handed sword. The guardians get an axe the whole entire time they rank up their prestige. Where is the variety? Even for those that DW they get a sword or a dagger, why not add axes or maces for melee DPS? How about a gun and a bow for the ranged classes? It's more cosmetic than anything and its about all I can find to complain about but a bigger variety would be nice so you don't feel like you are wearing the same weapon when you get a new one.
    Actually it's not just cosmetic all the time, but it may be in this case. A lot of the swords are 3.4 speed and have a lower base damage because they swing a little faster. A lot of axes have a 3.8 speed with a significantly higher base damage. Lots of warrior abilities are weapon + x...you do the math.

Is the guardian axe 3.8? or 3.4 like the defiant sword?
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    Actually it's not just cosmetic all the time, but it may be in this case. A lot of the swords are 3.4 speed and have a lower base damage because they swing a little faster. A lot of axes have a 3.8 speed with a significantly higher base damage. Lots of warrior abilities are weapon + x...you do the math.

Is the guardian axe 3.8? or 3.4 like the defiant sword?
    As you can see here

http://rift.zam.com/en/itemlist.html...t1=&statval1=0

The guardian axe has significantly higher base damage...it simply hits harder. Give me an axe as defiant IMO.

Shadowlander

Ok so its not completely cosmetic.

Sentinels Battle Axe
    117-218 damage every 3.8 seconds
    44.1 DPS
    45 Strength
    38 Endurance
    36 Dexterity
    50 Criticaal hit

Brigadiers Great Sword
    105-195 Damage every 3.4 seconds
    44.1 DPS
    45 Strength
    38 Endurance
    36 Dexterity
    50 Critical Hit

There is not a big difference in the damage....... also weapon damage does not have an effect on many of the riftblades attacks. Im primarily riftblade and I use spear attacks very often. I do have 3 strikes that use weapon + but my finisher is not based on weapon damage. Most PVP warriors are primarily riftblade and the same goes for them. The higher weapon damage is nice but I would still like the option to be able to buy a different type of two hander if I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Telan View Post
    also weapon damage does not have an effect on many of the riftblades attacks. Im primarily riftblade and I use spear attacks very often.

Ok, so we itemize weapons in PVP based off your personal soul choices now? And yes, it is a big difference. Go hit a dummy with a hunters pursuit using RW...look at the crit, about 1800 for me. Then go hit it with an intimidating shovel...yes, 1950 for me. Big difference.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    Ok, so we itemize weapons in PVP based off your personal soul choices now? And yes, it is a big difference. Go hit a dummy with a hunters pursuit using RW...look at the crit, about 1800 for me. Then go hit it with an intimidating shovel...yes, 1950 for me. Big difference.
    The damage can make a difference but not on most of my RB attacks seems how most of them are using base fire/air/earth damage. So im not suggesting that they itemize weapons in PVP based off your personal soul choices. All i'm suggesting is that they add in other weapon choices so that people can choose. Also the damage difference on both your crits could happen with any weapon, 150 damage is not a big difference when it comes to how hard you crit. In champ spec my crits can range nearly 300 points on the same attack.

+ Reply to Thread