+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Why PvP 10-49 was so much fun!

Telaran

Default Why PvP 10-49 was so much fun!

I loved early PvP - when matches were challenging and a few lowbie levels did not make an insurmountable difference in a match. Get it? It was fun because is was relatively balanced and competetive.

Then enter lvl 50, where the difference bewtween a geared R8 and R0-1 lvl 50 is the same difference between a Lvl1 and a Lvl50. Can you imagine having Warfront matches with your lvl 49 charachters and lvl 1 charachters? Now, matches are so ridiculously out of balance that most of the time the mismatched side literally sits at their base on the sidelines waiting for the event to end. Not fun.

Balance is needed to make the Warfronts fun again. See my post: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...rank-read.html

Another one of these threads, you should petition TRION to make you rank 8 upon reaching level 50 along with mailing you a full set of rank 8 gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Another one of these threads, you should petition TRION to make you rank 8 upon reaching level 50 along with mailing you a full set of rank 8 gear.
    sounds like a great plan, then everyone can pvp on equal footing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Telaran

Troll.. /delete.

Quote Originally Posted by xeshaka View Post
    sounds like a great plan, then everyone can pvp on equal footing.
    Xbox360 maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Xbox360 maybe?
    gimp pvp skills?
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Bah! Why petition Trion when GW2 will do exactly that for you.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Snivonim View Post
    I loved early PvP - when matches were challenging and a few lowbie levels did not make an insurmountable difference in a match. Get it? It was fun because is was relatively balanced and competetive.

Then enter lvl 50, where the difference bewtween a geared R8 and R0-1 lvl 50 is the same difference between a Lvl1 and a Lvl50. Can you imagine having Warfront matches with your lvl 49 charachters and lvl 1 charachters? Now, matches are so ridiculously out of balance that most of the time the mismatched side literally sits at their base on the sidelines waiting for the event to end. Not fun.

Balance is needed to make the Warfronts fun again. See my post: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...rank-read.html
    I agree! I played all the warfronts a great deal and loved it totally. Then once my warrior hit level 50, I quickly found that it was NO FUN whatsoever and I constantly kept dying within the first 10 seconds of play. I've now retired the warfronts. I don't enjoy them any more, and yes, a new level 50 in there is just like a level 11 trying to play in a level 40-49 warfront. I'm disappointed!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snivonim View Post
    If you get rolled in the lower brackets you know that there is a chance to recover a win. At 50 you just assume gear gap. Generally when it's a disaster I check the gear on a few people and see they are low rank or in pve gear.

Rift Master

4x - 49 any one can get BiS gear in hours. Run a few instances, buy some rep gear or scout AH for some items. 4x - 49 we all have the best essence. 4x - 49 we all have the same amount of Valor.

I agree that 4x - 49 is fun because gear is not a crutch at all.

With lack of real content developers use grinding as a crutch and the P8 grind is one mother of a crutch.

Rift is just a step below Aion grind/gear wise.

If people enjoy playing, will they play?

Trion has declared no they will not -thus the grind and OP gear.
    Last edited by Cempa; 09-21-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Rift is just a step below Aion grind/gear wise.
    I agree some what but comparing Rifts gear grind to Aion is over the top lol, there are no Battlegrounds or Warfronts in Aion to grind PvP gear, just pure badly designed world PvP and PvE mob farming for PvP points D=.

But honestly it really isnt that bad once you get your Rank 1 set and farm PvP rifts for that Order of the eye rep to get those extra pvp accessories. You wont be dominating full time but you won't be a fresh geard 50 in PvP wearing blues ethier.
    Necromancer till the day i die!

Telaran

warhammer had the same problem they could make it so u can gain prestige pre lvl 50 would fix it imo

Ascendant

The gap quickly closes when you hit r4.

While I agree it's much more fun at the lower levels, I do think people don't make it easy on themselves when they hit the big 50...

All my toons at reaching 50 gear up
    Change to a much more supportive, durable spec..
    And change their playstyle to one more defensive in nature...

Plus the high ranks on my team get fully supported through heals/buffs/debuffs/cleansed etc

It's still not fairyland, but not nearly as bad as people make it out to be...
    Last edited by Liandral; 09-21-2011 at 05:18 PM.

If you don't like PvP at level 50 then just keep re-rolling new toons to PvP with. There's no reason at all to put yourself through the hassle of ranking up in level 50 PvP if you don't enjoy it. If you run out of character slots either delete one or transfer it for free to an eligible server.

I agree that ranking up at level 50 sucks- sometimes I grind away at it most times I just play in the lower brackets. At some point TW will likely change how it is at 50 just as they nerf the challenge in other parts of the game, so just wait it out and have fun in the meantime. There will always be masochists out there that like the idea of being punished all the way up to meeting a goal and think that everyone else deserves to be punished just because they chose to endure gameplay they hated to get there.

These are games, play in a way that you get enjoyment- you should never (pay to) suffer through gameplay you hate just to achieve something.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast