+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: To be, or not to be, OP in PvP!

Default To be, or not to be, OP in PvP!

With some of these Warrior changes I can see us becoming OP in PvP. Grant it, some of the PvE changes are needed(riftblade for sure).

Do you guys think its gonna be bad enough to where instead of people saying "Damn that Warrior was skilled" they will start saying "Damn Warriors are FOTM"?

If they do end up being OP then I'll probably shelf my Warrior(in PvP) and play something else.

Any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

what changes are you talking about?.. stat change was reversed, nothing major coming down the pipe?..

Shadowlander

Besides the nerf to champs how is anything a buff OP?
    Humunculus 50 Warrior Deepstrike PvP

Champion

That's new.

I believe this is pre-emptive propoganda starting before 1.5 actually gets here.

The enema grows more sophisticated by the day.

Warriors are OP myth is so 1.3., can we start picking on some other class now?

I suggest rogues. They haven't had the completely irrational hand of public opinion slap them in the arse, yet.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    With some of these Warrior changes I can see us becoming OP in PvP. Grant it, some of the PvE changes are needed(riftblade for sure).

Do you guys think its gonna be bad enough to where instead of people saying "Damn that Warrior was skilled" they will start saying "Damn Warriors are FOTM"?

If they do end up being OP then I'll probably shelf my Warrior(in PvP) and play something else.

Any opinions?
    Shouldn't you be trolling in your rogue threads somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctisx View Post
    Shouldn't you be trolling in your rogue threads somewhere.
    He's trying to divert attention away from Rogues since they'll be pretty OP come 1.5. Smart move imo pretending to be a warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass
    People on the internet are jerks, deal with it.

Any opinions?
    Please read before you troll...
    http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/716/basically.jpg

Plane Touched

Any opinions?
    I checked your post history, you're a rogue. Epic fail impersonating a Warrior.

Eat shiet and die, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyBacon View Post
    I checked your post history, you're a rogue. Epic fail impersonating a Warrior.

Eat shiet and die, that is all.
    I are warrior, I are OP, I think we should remove Riftwalk, Bull Rush, Lingering wounds, Earthburst because they are OP. I are totally nonbiased because I are warrior.

Sword of Telara

Any opinions?
    I really cant think of a single situation where someone said a warrior was good, rather than saying they were a ****ty player with an OP class.
    Last edited by Corebot; 09-21-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Warriors are unbalance-able in their current format in all aspects of Rift other than PVE tanking.

We will either suck or be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrocco View Post
    Warriors are unbalance-able in their current format in all aspects of Rift other than PVE tanking.

We will either suck or be good.
    And unfortunately that's not up to skill on the gamer playing the warrior but rather Trion's sledgehammer skills.
    Unleash the Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Coolstorybro View Post
    And unfortunately that's not up to skill on the gamer playing the warrior but rather Trion's sledgehammer skills.
    What skills?

They port a ton of features (even keybindings) from WoW and they decided to reinvent the wheel with combat statistics for melee classes and how weapons contribute to damage rather than just port over logic.

Don't worry. There'll be plenty of "Nerf Rogues" cries after 1.5 goes live. You can pretty much bet on it.

You can't really undervalue stealth in Rift at all. It's one of the most powerful abilities in a MMORPG..because it's pratically virtual invisibility..and best of all AOE's don't even break you out of it in Rift. You pretty much can pick your fight with stealth.

I'm fairly sure that Trion didn't think the damage boosts through in conjunction with stealth abilities.

I honestly don't think its the warrior that is the problem, just the interaction between the classes. Healers heal, ALOT and healing debuffs need to be looked at some more. CC is to powerful yet currently one of the mages only tools to survive and DR needs to be looked at again. Mage nuking power is very powerful and needs to be looked at again. Warrior ability to crush rogues and interrupt mages needs to be looked at some more.

Alot of things about the interaction between classes needs reexamination. Someone needs to sit down and say, ok, how do we want this to work.

I personally like Cleric > Warrior > Rogue > Mage > Cleric and then having Mage and Warrior even and Rogue Cleric even. However with so many different souls it seems perfectly reasonable for each souls to be above and below other souls and they should be balanced against each other.

Below is not how it is but maybe how it could be
    Warden > Paladin > Assassin > Necromancer > Warden
    Jusicar > Champion > Warlock > Bladedancer > Justicar
    Inquisitor > Chloromancer > Reaver > Riftstalker > Inquisitor

It can get pretty complicated but it seems to me the only way to achieve balance. Just make 1 particular soul in each class on the exact par of another soul and that it interacts in a set way and then fine tune from there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast