+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Level 50 PVP is completely FUBAR

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default Level 50 PVP is completely FUBAR

    It is, it's ****ed up

    1-49 was great, loads of things to do and loads of fun - I levelled by questing, dungeons and WF's

    Since 50 its just depressing
    Quests are now obselete
    Doing both dungeons and WF is counter productive - I need to choose one or the other as the gear is mutually exclusive.

    So all I've got left is WF's
    I log on, queue, get annihilated, then get an amount of favor depending how the team did.
    zone back into sanctum and queue again.

    I've been doing this for weeks now, and its utterly soul destroying

    Sometimes I can help the team, more often than not I am just a punchbag for the opposition and spend most of my time respawning

    fyi I've got the best possible PVP gear I can have for my rank, I've tried many different soul builds, and I'd like to think I'm a fairly competent player and a veteran of many games and several MMO's

    I'm doing the grind, and I know all about grinding, but its just NOT FUN and I'm paying for the privelige of this miserable existence

    For a game still in its infancy, Trion have got this badly wrong

    All of you people who say "we did the grind so you should too", well you did but to a lesser extent - You didn't have to face R7's and R8's then, so it was a more level playing field. And what will happen in another 6 Months when lots more people are R8+ and the gap is even more vast than it is now?

    How many new level 50's will want to go through this ordeal for months, just so they can start having fun again?

    And by fun I dont mean owning people or necessarily winning the WF, I just mean actually standing a chance, not attacking people with everything that you have and barely scraping the paint off their armour at which point they turn around and kill you stone dead with 2 or 3 hits


    There are loads of threads on this forum about the subject and they are met with the same old replies.
    All of those same old replies arent really very helpful though are they - Surely you must be able to see that a problem exists and if the problem isn't resolved then it will inevitably damage the game as a whole, and reduce the number of people in WF's.

    Something needs to be done


    Sorry to have just subjected your eyes to such a pile of moaning crap, I'm off now to queue for WF again... bye

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Jorath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chuffy View Post
    It is, it's ****ed up
    Since 50 its just depressing
    I log on, queue, get annihilated, then get an amount of favor depending how the team did.
    zone back into sanctum and queue again.

    Sorry to have just subjected your eyes to such a pile of moaning crap, I'm off now to queue for WF again... bye
    Welcome to the party pal!

  3. #3
    Soulwalker DemonicSnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Sadly, what I have been doing is making a running spec on my rouge and running sourcestones around hoping people can't / don't catch me while I'm wearing P1 gear. xP Though anything else, and I just play bard in warfronts to be of "some" use before I get spread across the road. >: Still working on making a level 50 pvp spec but waiting till 1.5 because I know most of my souls will be reset anyway. q_q

  4. #4
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    510

    Default

    How many more of these threads go up before they change it is the last remaining question.



    Here's my update, 3rd QQ from me.



    1) Who is the genius that put PvE shards alongside PvP shards in warfronts? This is such a horrible idea I don't even know where to start. If you NEED to have this explained there is no point in even discussing it.

    2) PvP gear turns people into superman, great fun for superman, not so much fun for poor noob. SEGREGATE sometime before the Mayan calendar ends please.

    3) Does anyone at TRION PvP? You need to. Stumble into a Warfront of your own design with a fresh 50, try both factions, multiple shards. Heck, have your kid(s) hit it and report to you at dinner.



    75% of games in my battlegroup end with Guardian refusing to leave spawn. We just do emotes, run in circles, and check out the fine details of the roasting boar meat in Codex until the score gets to 1,000.


    If you are not in a battlegroup where this kind of outmatched silliness is going, great. More power to you, have fun.


    I am not in a balanced, not even REMOTELY balanced battlegroup. Utter insanity.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chuffy View Post
    It is, it's ****ed up

    1-49 was great, loads of things to do and loads of fun - I levelled by questing, dungeons and WF's

    Since 50 its just depressing
    Quests are now obselete
    Doing both dungeons and WF is counter productive - I need to choose one or the other as the gear is mutually exclusive.

    So all I've got left is WF's
    I log on, queue, get annihilated, then get an amount of favor depending how the team did.
    zone back into sanctum and queue again.

    I've been doing this for weeks now, and its utterly soul destroying

    Sometimes I can help the team, more often than not I am just a punchbag for the opposition and spend most of my time respawning

    fyi I've got the best possible PVP gear I can have for my rank, I've tried many different soul builds, and I'd like to think I'm a fairly competent player and a veteran of many games and several MMO's

    I'm doing the grind, and I know all about grinding, but its just NOT FUN and I'm paying for the privelige of this miserable existence

    For a game still in its infancy, Trion have got this badly wrong

    All of you people who say "we did the grind so you should too", well you did but to a lesser extent - You didn't have to face R7's and R8's then, so it was a more level playing field. And what will happen in another 6 Months when lots more people are R8+ and the gap is even more vast than it is now?

    How many new level 50's will want to go through this ordeal for months, just so they can start having fun again?

    And by fun I dont mean owning people or necessarily winning the WF, I just mean actually standing a chance, not attacking people with everything that you have and barely scraping the paint off their armour at which point they turn around and kill you stone dead with 2 or 3 hits


    There are loads of threads on this forum about the subject and they are met with the same old replies.
    All of those same old replies arent really very helpful though are they - Surely you must be able to see that a problem exists and if the problem isn't resolved then it will inevitably damage the game as a whole, and reduce the number of people in WF's.

    Something needs to be done


    Sorry to have just subjected your eyes to such a pile of moaning crap, I'm off now to queue for WF again... bye
    Yep. I agree completely.

    Incidently the reson why Warfronts 1-49 were fun and great is because they were relatively balanced. A few lowbie levels did not make NEARLY as much difference as a few lvl 50 PvP ranks.

    Gear - IMO is way, way, way overpowered and out of balance in this game.

    Be that as it may, the Warfronts can still potentially work if they are balanced by weighting the PvP ranks and holding the cues to balance. See my post: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...rank-read.html

    But yes. As it stands right now PvP in general, but especially Warfront PvP is totally hosed and ridiculously high variance in lvl 50 gear is to blame.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Yes, level 50 PvP is a joke. No fun for anyone with a brain, be it fresh level 50 or R8 veteran.

    World PvP has no interesting objectives and is generally dull and boring.

    If you still want to have some PvP fun in this game and have remaining time on your subscription, roll an alt and hit pre-50 warfronts with a friend or two.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Jorath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seere View Post
    How many more of these threads go up before they change it is the last remaining question.

    Here's my update, 3rd QQ from me.

    1) Who is the genius that put PvE shards alongside PvP shards in warfronts? This is such a horrible idea I don't even know where to start. If you NEED to have this explained there is no point in even discussing it.

    I am not in a balanced, not even REMOTELY balanced battlegroup. Utter insanity.
    Are you serious, its actually easier to get PvP gear on PvE servers because you can do the PvP dailies without getting ganked, good luck killing 25 other faction but honestly you should be able to make that up plus ALOT more by doing PvP Rifts since most people on a PvE server will ignore them you can run them unopposed.

    Are you serious that PvE server players are not as good as PvP server players? The only thing different about a PvP and PvE server is that on a PvP server you are saying you approve of lowbie ganking, griefing and getting steamrolled by raids while you try to level or do dailies.

    I think it does give PvP server players an advantage at 50 because we are already use to being in horribly unfair posistions so our first encounter in a WF against a P8 isn't as shocking as someone who never fights anyone else in a hideously unfair setting.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Wutangrza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Agree with the OP's points that the gear differential is too much. @the poster above me, I love PvP, and I've been a fan of world PvP in other games, but increasingly, I feel like I want to transfer to a PvE server.

    I've been playing this game for around 2 months only, but I've never seen actual world PvP happen. What I typically see, is multiple raids running around an area and ganking anything that moves. Sometimes the Guards have the raids, other times the Defiants, but either way, there's never epic world PvP like there was outside of say BRM in vanilla WoW, it's just one zergfest slaughtering a bunch of solo players all day. It's not very fulfilling for the raid, and it's incredibly frustrating for the solo player just trying to finish his awful Stillmoor PvP dailies for the day.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Jorath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    Agree with the OP's points that the gear differential is too much. @the poster above me, I love PvP, and I've been a fan of world PvP in other games, but increasingly, I feel like I want to transfer to a PvE server.

    I've been playing this game for around 2 months only, but I've never seen actual world PvP happen. What I typically see, is multiple raids running around an area and ganking anything that moves. Sometimes the Guards have the raids, other times the Defiants, but either way, there's never epic world PvP like there was outside of say BRM in vanilla WoW, it's just one zergfest slaughtering a bunch of solo players all day. It's not very fulfilling for the raid, and it's incredibly frustrating for the solo player just trying to finish his awful Stillmoor PvP dailies for the day.
    If you remember I believe that the AWESOME Vanilla wow PvP was before instanced warfronts. Or before battlegroups or before queing remotly or something like that. Something with Instanced PvP happened that murdered world PvP.

    Hope that tells everyone everything. Instanced warfronts kills World PvP. Wow never got it back until the semi instanced world PvP in WotLK zone.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Is the problem as you see it, that low rank 50s don't do enough damage or that they take too much damage?

  11. #11
    Soulwalker Thornwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default Sad Truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by chuffy View Post
    It is, it's ****ed up

    1-49 was great, loads of things to do and loads of fun - I levelled by questing, dungeons and WF's

    Since 50 its just depressing
    Quests are now obselete
    Doing both dungeons and WF is counter productive - I need to choose one or the other as the gear is mutually exclusive.

    So all I've got left is WF's
    I log on, queue, get annihilated, then get an amount of favor depending how the team did.
    zone back into sanctum and queue again.

    I've been doing this for weeks now, and its utterly soul destroying

    Sometimes I can help the team, more often than not I am just a punchbag for the opposition and spend most of my time respawning

    fyi I've got the best possible PVP gear I can have for my rank, I've tried many different soul builds, and I'd like to think I'm a fairly competent player and a veteran of many games and several MMO's

    I'm doing the grind, and I know all about grinding, but its just NOT FUN and I'm paying for the privelige of this miserable existence

    For a game still in its infancy, Trion have got this badly wrong

    All of you people who say "we did the grind so you should too", well you did but to a lesser extent - You didn't have to face R7's and R8's then, so it was a more level playing field. And what will happen in another 6 Months when lots more people are R8+ and the gap is even more vast than it is now?

    How many new level 50's will want to go through this ordeal for months, just so they can start having fun again?

    And by fun I dont mean owning people or necessarily winning the WF, I just mean actually standing a chance, not attacking people with everything that you have and barely scraping the paint off their armour at which point they turn around and kill you stone dead with 2 or 3 hits


    There are loads of threads on this forum about the subject and they are met with the same old replies.
    All of those same old replies arent really very helpful though are they - Surely you must be able to see that a problem exists and if the problem isn't resolved then it will inevitably damage the game as a whole, and reduce the number of people in WF's.

    Something needs to be done


    Sorry to have just subjected your eyes to such a pile of moaning crap, I'm off now to queue for WF again... bye
    Sadly RIFT PvP is nothing more than a bully system. You get bullied by those that are higher gear than you until you get higher gear and can bully the lower ones.

    It really is not PvP in my opinion, but it is a system that alot of people enjoy because it gives them the "im ubber leet" high they crave in PvP. Hence the insane ammounts of bickering and fighting between those that want to change the system and those that want to leave it the same.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser AintEvenMadBro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    311

    Default

    scrubs complaining because they are bad at pvp but it's obviously the system and game making them bad..... nothing new to see here move along.
    Last edited by AintEvenMadBro; 09-21-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    Freyn likes boys in hotpants.

    Rapsodia - p6 Stromcooler. I'm in ur warfrunts, hittin u for faive thousandz

  13. #13
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thornwolf View Post
    Sadly RIFT PvP is nothing more than a bully system. You get bullied by those that are higher gear than you until you get higher gear and can bully the lower ones.

    It really is not PvP in my opinion, but it is a system that alot of people enjoy because it gives them the "im ubber leet" high they crave in PvP. Hence the insane ammounts of bickering and fighting between those that want to change the system and those that want to leave it the same.
    I had to contend with being weaker in warfronts until I got to rank 8, why can't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Wutangrza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I had to contend with being weaker in warfronts until I got to rank 8, why can't you?
    http://i.imgur.com/dz9pX.jpg this is at Rank 5.

    That said, just because some of us have already finished the grind and others are well on their way, that doesn't make the system any less stupid. I don't think I'm the best PvP'er in the world, but I'd wager I'm better than most. If you feel like you are good at PvP, then advocate to get rid of the gear crutch. Even the playing field gear wise and let skill/teamwork/execution decide warfronts, not who has more R6+ warriors.
    Last edited by Wutangrza; 09-21-2011 at 08:44 AM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/dz9pX.jpg this is at Rank 5.

    That said, just because some of us have already finished the grind and others are well on their way, that doesn't make the system any less stupid. I don't think I'm the best PvP'er in the world, but I'd wager I'm better than most. If you feel like you are good at PvP, then advocate to get rid of the gear crutch. Even the playing field gear wise and let skill/teamwork/execution decide warfronts, not who has more R6+ warriors.
    Can I get hammerknell quality pve gear too? I mean, I wanna, but I need high end gear to do it, can I petition TRION to make my GSB gear=hammerknell also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts