+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Why have Mages always been overpowered?

Default Why have Mages always been overpowered?

First, it was Pyros and Stormcallers. They were OP'd for months. Then it was Dominator's turn to be OP for a month or so. Now, Warlocks dominate PvP with dumb sh*t like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0BOWIg9Gq0&hd=1

Skip to 6:30. For added lulz, go to 8:44 to see an instant 3.4k Void Bolt kill and 9:39 to see instant 2.4k Devouring Shadow spam.

Oh, and how about Mages' ability to combine one of the best healing soul in the game (Chloro) with their high DPS souls to be even more OP. Rogues and Warriors should also get instant healing skills that can crit. for 3k - 4k every 10 seconds. Gotta love Trion devs!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    First, it was Pyros and Stormcallers. They were OP'd for months. Then it was Dominator's turn to be OP for a month or so. Now, Warlocks dominate PvP with dumb sh*t like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0BOWIg9Gq0&hd=1

Skip to 6:30. For added lulz, go to 8:44 to see an instant 3.4k Void Bolt kill and 9:39 to see instant 2.4k Devouring Shadow spam.

Oh, and how about Mages' ability to combine one of the best healing soul in the game (Chloro) with their high DPS souls to be even more OP. Rogues and Warriors should also get instant healing skills that can crit. for 3k - 4k every 10 seconds. Gotta love Trion devs!
    The only technicly high dps soul a mage has is SC. There is not alot of decent single target dmg in the mage souls atm. When you pvp with a mage you start to realise just how low your dps can be most of the time. Mainly because you have to stand still to cast. Now if you want to dps well you have to be stationary and that means you become a free frag to every ****** with smart targeting on(pretty much everyone). Its all great and you can do some nice dmg BUT any decent WF group is going to down you without trying to hard.

I find most people having hard times with mages are lower ranked and cant do the dmg needed. it sucks hardcore when its a low rank player against the lazy mans mage being the chlorolock. While the are utilitary they dont do great dmg and they have medium survival. Chloro is a decent pvp healer but.... nothing when compared to a cleric mostly because you cant stand still in pvp or you are going to get pain trained by the smart target guys. Even at 51 points the spam heal is to long of a cast and the channeled ray is a giant bullseye on your ***.

All of this could be averted by shrinking the stats on all pvp gear down to almost half at rank 8 of what we have now.

I can't tell the difference between classes and builds. If I see a 51 Warlock, then a 51 Chloro then a 51 SC then I assume that all mages are on the 51/51/51 build. Mages are so OP and Warriors are so UP. Why can't I have 51 Riftblade, 51 VK, 51 Paladin, 51 Champion in a warfront? Then I can have Max DPS, never be killed and be totally OP like mages
    OP I have fixed your post
    Last edited by Jorath; 09-21-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Except for rogues, (and even they have had a few OP'd moments i.e. sabo 1.0) you could make the case for every calling "always being OP'd."

- Warrior burst and un-kitability
    - Mages doing massive numbers from range and combining dps with good healing souls
    - Clerics doing both massive dmg and being seemingly impossible to kill

With the soul system the way it is, it's really never going to feel balanced. The sad part is now with rank 8 gear, these numbers are just scaling to crazy amounts. Trion definitely has their work cut out for them, and I think people should chill a bit. To say that one class has always been OP'd more than another is just wrong. There are traditionally stronger souls for pvp and weaker souls for pvp. Blanketing everything with "mage is OP'd" is short-sighted.
    Last edited by baph; 09-21-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorath View Post
    OP I have fixed your post
    Good one. Not.

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    To say that one class has always been OP'd more than another is just wrong. There are traditionally stronger souls for pvp and weaker souls for pvp. Blanketing everything with "mage is OP'd" is short-sighted.
    Good thing Pyros and Stormcallers didn't dominate warfronts for 3+ months, eh? Good thing Dominators didn't own entire raids when they got buffed, eh? Good thing Warlocks haven't been destroying raids for the past 2 months, eh?

You trolls really need to come up with better excuses and arguments for Mages' continued dominance and constant OP status in Rift.
    Last edited by Click; 09-21-2011 at 04:18 AM.

aux

Posting in a troll thread.
    I'm so BORED

Quote Originally Posted by Horcrux View Post
    what is the valor of the players taking the damage...do you know?

secondly...it was an exploit of the first tick doing massive damage which is no longer the case.

third...doing the exploit will burn down an 8k mana bar pretty fast, so its no sustained dps.

So, op no....exploiting a non-intended spell damage, welcome to rift.
    LOL @ calling the player in the video an exploiter. He didn't exploit anything. He didn't even use the /stopcast macro certain Mages used to "exploit." And in case you're blind, his mana bar hardly got "burned down" when he was "exploiting."

Try harder next time.

P.S. did you enjoy getting owned by me over and over in duels 2 days ago on PTS? Bad Mage is bad.
    Last edited by Click; 09-21-2011 at 04:25 AM.

Pyros were broke and were fixed. Stormcallers do alot of damage but are killed very fast and the Warlocks are the same way. I realize now that PvP is balanced on a larger scale then just 1v1 and that different tactics come into play. I realize that the amazing DPS warlocks I see in vidoes are 51 point warlocks which are extremely easy to kill if someone will purge Neddra's and then apply any decent DPS to them. Neddra's also has a 3 min cooldown which means with only a few seconds of effect which means that if I get on them and they pop it that they had been saving it and my team is horrible for not forcing that mage to pop it every time its off cool and owning his face for the other 2 minutes and 50 seconds its down.

I realize that Chlorolocks do horrid damage, their spells have long cast timers which are easy to interrupt and that they are basically clerics with some DPS who are balanced because they aren't mobile. If they have to kite they can't heal other then long CD heals which once you break through they are defenseless.
    Fixed again

Someone please reply.

What in gods name is the music list from that video? It ROCKS!

Coolest music ever.

is that ALL Rusko?
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 09-21-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Good thing Pyros and Stormcallers didn't dominate warfronts for 3+ months, eh? Good thing Dominators didn't own entire raids when they got buffed, eh? Good thing Warlocks haven't been destroying raids for the past 2 months, eh?

You trolls really need to come up with better excuses and arguments for Mages' continued dominance and constant OP status in Rift.
    Hi Click. I'm not trolling at all. I gave a constructive answer with examples and causes of the issue you presented. I even agreed with you in a way. Sorry to enter your thread you ranting child.

Rift Disciple

All that vid shows is a rank 6ish mage fighting terrible low ranked players who cant pick the right target. His numbers are still not that great. His dmg is crud, his healing is pretty low. Play the vid at normal speed it looks alot less impressive.
    Last edited by Jakranka; 09-21-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinelessKC View Post
    All that vid shows is a rank 6ish mage fighting terrible low ranked players who cant pick the right target. His numbers are still not that great. His dmg is crud, his healing is pretty low. Play the vid at normal speed it looks alot less impressive.
    rank 6 with 12k hp?

LAWL

Sounds like you need to L2P and comprehend.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Horcrux View Post
    what is the valor of the players taking the damage...do you know?

secondly...it was an exploit of the first tick doing massive damage which is no longer the case.

third...doing the exploit will burn down an 8k mana bar pretty fast, so its no sustained dps.

So, op no....exploiting a non-intended spell damage, welcome to rift.
    1) Valor = at least 750 like everyone else.... unless you really want us to believe he's fighting people that are in PvE gear?!!? Are we forgetting that rank 2 ppl can have full valor now?

2) Exploit = fixed??? It's called stop casting, and to my knowledge it has NOT been fixed

3) Not sustained damage?!?!?! ROFLMAO yup that's what you want in PvP, is lots of sustained damage

4) That video is sick, mages in my eyes have lost all credibility in whining for other classes to be nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by SpinelessKC View Post
    He's rank 8, since him and his guild are hardcore PvP'ers, which is why his numbers / damage were so high. Oh, and if you can pull better numbers than him, please prove it with a video of your own.
    Last edited by Click; 09-21-2011 at 04:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast