+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Radamanthys

Thread: How can MM kite planar blade?

Default How can MM kite planar blade?

Without eradicate its almost impossible to kite that ability when every crit they can just teleport to you..

Prophet of Telara

Have half a brain.

Flamespear
    20 Meter Range
    20 Energy
    Instant
    Cooldown: 4.00 Seconds

Banned

Half a brain is half more than the facerolling riftblade needs.

Silly overpowered spec that needs an internal cd on planar blade spam.

Ascendant

Step 1) Keep your head on a swivel. Don't let them get close in the first place.
    Step 2) Whether they close on you or not, your first priority (whether you have Eradicate or not) is to kite them away from their healer(s).
    Step 3) Manage your mobility cooldowns. Time your escape efforts around Earth Burst and strafe out...don't turn your back and run out and for the love of Pete, don't try to backpedal out.
    Step 4) Keep up the pewpew at all times.
    Step 5) ???
    Step 6) Profit.

If they have a pocket healer who follows, you're going to have a hard time. And if they're critting and Rift Walking to you, think of every spear in your arse as another reminder that an MM in a warfront without Eradicate has sacrificed a substantial measure of utility.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    Have half a brain.

Flamespear
    20 Meter Range
    20 Energy
    Instant
    Cooldown: 4.00 Seconds
    I don't think you understand the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Step 1) Keep your head on a swivel. Don't let them get close in the first place.
    Step 2) Whether they close on you or not, your first priority (whether you have Eradicate or not) is to kite them away from their healer(s).
    Step 3) Manage your mobility cooldowns. Time your escape efforts around Earth Burst and strafe out...don't turn your back and run out and for the love of Pete, don't try to backpedal out.
    Step 5) ???
    Step 6) Profit.

If they have a pocket healer who follows, you're going to have a hard time. And if they're critting and Rift Walking to you, think of every spear in your arse as another reminder that an MM in a warfront without Eradicate has sacrificed a substantial measure of utility.
    So you're in open world and you don't see them as they charge you. Everyone time you go to run they just keep teleporting straight back to you. Its so ridiculous. Even if you had eradicate they would of probably killed you by the time you got rid of it or just buff back up..

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    So you're in open world and you don't see them as they charge you. Everyone time you go to run they just keep teleporting straight back to you. Its so ridiculous. Even if you had eradicate they would of probably killed you by the time you got rid of it or just buff back up..
    Rift isn't tuned around 1v1 open world PvP. They have to be within 20m of you in order to charge you. If they can get within 20m and you didn't see them coming, you weren't paying close enough attention to your surroundings.

Rift isn't tuned around 1v1 open world PvP. They have to be within 20m of you in order to charge you. If they can get within 20m and you didn't see them coming, you weren't paying close enough attention to your surroundings.
    A warrior WILL ALWAYS get within 20m of you.

Rift Disciple

Then just get eradicate and kite/kill them? Seems to work for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Misterh8er View Post
    Then just get eradicate and kite/kill them? Seems to work for me...
    Get a video of it id like to see you do it.

So... you think even with improved On The Double will remove earth burst snare?
    What game are you playing?

RB PVP'er over here. I've only had 3-4 MM successfully kite me. They also hit very hard. They also top WF's and win the Tour de France 6 times in a row. They're generally pretty good at what they do.

It usually goes in that I can't get a crit to refresh rift walk with planar blade (30% crit), or they saw me and WHILE MAINTAINING a superior attacking distance, got rid of my buff. When I mistakenly teleported on him, he would bounce back or push me back, leaving me 45 seconds in the drain. And yes, I try and slow with freeze armor/leg sweep/earth burst if I'm in range or out of it, but rift walk and bull rush (I have both) will put him on the DR. If things go their way and I'm not on the DR, it's impossible for me to get back on them.

That being said, I usually kill MM first, cause they usually just stand there doing their thing and by the time they start running from me, we're already pressed up close, dancing the warrior tango. It's hot and passionate and I'm stepping on your toes the entire time. ;P
    Omnom - Warrior @ Seastone
    4/4 GP, 4/4 DH, 5/5 GSB, 5/5 RoS, 1/11HK
    Rank 8 as of 9/23. Marksmen , Nightblade
    I fight people for carmintium nodes.

Step 5) ???
    Step 6) Profit.

Against a decent warrior the odds are stacked against the MM, especially if the warrior has a second gap closer or pull (there are plenty to choose from in the other trees). A second gap closer, root, stun, disarm will keep the MM busy until Planar Blade can be reapplied. The warrior will likely get knocked back once but this just delays the inevitable.

Fortunately this animal is a rare sight in the wilds of Telara and you are much more likely to come across the common 'tunnel-vision 2 button-smasher ' warrior (a bit like me) who wont notice that planar blade has been removed (going to get worst when we have nice addons to tell us that we need to reapply a buff asap).

I see plenty of posts telling rogues to stay in that 21-35 meter range... great advice but pretty impossible in practice. Rogues getting quite a few buffs in 1.5 which will be interesting.
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnom View Post
    RB PVP'er over here. I've only had 3-4 MM successfully kite me. They also hit very hard. They also top WF's and win the Tour de France 6 times in a row. They're generally pretty good at what they do.

It usually goes in that I can't get a crit to refresh rift walk with planar blade (30% crit), or they saw me and WHILE MAINTAINING a superior attacking distance, got rid of my buff. When I mistakenly teleported on him, he would bounce back or push me back, leaving me 45 seconds in the drain. And yes, I try and slow with freeze armor/leg sweep/earth burst if I'm in range or out of it, but rift walk and bull rush (I have both) will put him on the DR. If things go their way and I'm not on the DR, it's impossible for me to get back on them.

That being said, I usually kill MM first, cause they usually just stand there doing their thing and by the time they start running from me, we're already pressed up close, dancing the warrior tango. It's hot and passionate and I'm stepping on your toes the entire time. ;P

This is the atypical scenario, especially in wf's, open world an mm has more of a chance, but keep in mind that repelling shot can miss or get blocked as well. The deck is severely stacked in the warrior's favor vs. MM's, not to mention that nothing in Telera breaks Earth Burst or puts it on DR...
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 09-21-2011 at 04:37 AM.
    Shayde@Seastone

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthys View Post
    So... you think even with improved On The Double will remove earth burst snare?
    What game are you playing?
    Untill its fixed yeah it won't. It's enough to make you rage quit I tell ya!

Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

+ Reply to Thread