+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How to fix pvp! Very good suggestion

Plane Touched

Default How to fix pvp! Very good suggestion

Now, all community knows that pvp is manly broke due to gear.
    This is a long post, at end theres a TL: DR

The valor change was a good step to the right direction BUT still not enough when a r1 gets 3 shooted by a r8 without having a chance to fight back...

At world pvp, i think we all accept that but wf...

I bet many r8 just get their gear and quit WF cuz their whole team is undergeared and it's no fun when fights are one sided.

So i start trying to find a sollution for WF pvp and i FOUND ONE.

The irony that this solution is already at game and works till certain extend....

Ascended Courage!

At lower lvl wf lowbys get ascended courage to make up for the stats diference and IT WORKS

What am going to suggest may make some ppl mad but personaly i do not care:

Bring Ascended Courage to lvl 50 WF and now let me explain how:

Since everyone now can get p2 quite easy and have p8 valor this makes quite easy to balance

All pvp gear bellow p7 will have a new stat unseen to players but its there

The pieces would be:
    Head
    Shoulders
    Chest
    Belt
    Gloves
    legs
    foot
    weopons
    neck
    rings
    and synergi crystal

This new stat wil BOOST the said gear to p8 ONLY AT WARFRONTS.
    This way p8 can have their vantage for being veterans at world pvp and make WF more fun to all
    Trinkets won't be boosted nor essences or sigil.
    This way ppl wouldn't exploit pve gear nor trinkets

Personaly i think this is a great idea and only the only ppl who would not aprove is the "i wana pwn nubs" that think that skill>gear BUT outgearing the other guys by alot...

How to fix low lvl pvp?
    Add a crappy looking set for each calling for each wf lvl, pretty easy.
    Make this gear able to be weared by the start of each of the wf lvls(10-19,20-29,30-39,40-49)
    This is all it takes to make pvp GOOD, not perfect but very good and it's a right step into paradise pvp at rift.

Also more world pvp stuff would be cool, and maybe a arena like system 10vs10 or 5vs5 since rift is balanced on team play.
    And allow raid premades of at least 10 ppl queue up for warfronts plz

TL : DR- i think my suggestion will improve pvp by ALOT

Hopin this reach devs hears
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakier View Post

....Ascended Courage! ......
    So... Give free buffs which is the same as gear to people who never earned it.

How about Guild wars style and just give them the gear. No need to make things complicated
    Last edited by Jorath; 09-20-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jorath View Post
    So... Give free buffs which is the same as gear to people who never earned it.

How about Guild wars style and just give them the gear. No need to make things complicated
    So ur saying that u rather have a one sided boring macth then a good and chaleging warfront?

i hope the community speaks diferent then u

and guild wars 1 was perfect in pvp just for that but lacked world pvp while in rift we have it.

ppl who "earn" their gear would still have a vantage at world pvp not to mention that most p8 quit wf cuz they get bored of one sided fight
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

The tl;dr: Make all PVP gear R8 gear in Warfronts.

My short answer: No.
    My long answer: Nnnoooooooooooooo.

-Liang

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Liang Nuren View Post
    The tl;dr: Make all PVP gear R8 gear in Warfronts.

My short answer: No.
    My long answer: Nnnoooooooooooooo.

-Liang
    Skill>gear right? of course skill<3shoted

YES! We should put the stat in for raids too!!!! So when you enter a raid all the players who haven't done anything to get gear, they will automatically get the stats they need from the new raid-only buff so they have all the same stats as someone who went through all the trouble of working for a full relic set!!!!

/sarcasm
    Last edited by Ferago; 09-20-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ferago View Post
    YES! We should put the stat in for raids too!!!! So when you enter a raid all the players who haven't done anything to get gear, they will automatically get the stats they need from the new raid-only buff so they have all the same stats as someone who went through all the trouble of working for a full relic set!!!!

/sarcasm
    see, the diferences between pvp and pve is that pve is forever always grind with no goal other then put a carrot in front of a donkey
    theres no reason for pvp be like that and this will make it better
    has u can see, the arguments against this are- i like to pwn nubs with my better gear

this suggestion would make WF BETTER for everyone that ACTUALY enjoys skilled pvp
    and veterans would have their vantage at world pvp and am hoppin trion makes world even cooler

I was low geared too once. I played accordingly.

I am fully 7/8 geared now and do not want to be disadvantaged because you do not feel like doing the same thing i have already done.

As for one sided warfronts that is, for the most part, an issue of teamwork and spec choice of those involved. P1/p2/p3/p4 do wet noodle dps, you need heals and support roles actually do help.

Wykar <GOON SQUAD> R8 Warrior Seastone

Skill>gear right? of course skill<3shoted
    IMO the valor normalization as of R2 did a lot to improve the quality of life of low rank players. I've done some math recently that shows the real difference between R2 and R6 gear is actually pretty small. Most of the big differences are in lesser valor essences (increased survivability) and the PVP weapon itself.

The PVP weapon is interesting because you can pretty easily replace it with a good Tier 2 PVE weapon and get *most* of the benefit of being R6 immediately - effectively boosting your R2 to R4-R5 immediately.

The valor essences are slightly more interesting because most of them are actually pretty bad. This means that even as a R6-R8, you should be taking a close eye to those essences and seeing whether you should replace them with PVE essences to get a better overall result.

Ultimately, I think most of the recent complaining from low ranks in WFs is pure bellyaching. Yes, there's power differences... but they're well within the same ballpark and personal skill absolutely can play a big role in how you perform even at low ranks.

-Liang

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    I was low geared too once. I played accordingly.

I am fully 7/8 geared now and do not want to be disadvantaged because you do not feel like doing the same thing i have already done.

As for one sided warfronts that is, for the most part, an issue of teamwork and spec choice of those involved. P1/p2/p3/p4 do wet noodle dps, you need heals and support roles actually do help.
    i would give u a solid awsner but not gona waste more time:

"i like to pwn nubs with my better gear"

tomorow i check how many of those this thread gets, sad the rift community is like this, am p6 atm so this change won't affect me much since p4 my went UP by alot

can't wait for gw2, we can leave the game to the players community, they are just to greedy

Liang. that some diference skill<gear, u can't argue with that, and it's a big diference damage wide
    Last edited by Sneakier; 09-20-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferago View Post

/sarcasm
    The true difference is that under geared PvE players aren't immediately thrown in to Hammerknell in their level 48-50 dungeon blues. However, in PvP we are expected to believe that it is somehow fun to be running content extremely under geared?

I'm also really coming to dislike the term "earned" when referring to PvP gear in Rift. You earn something when you work for it. There is currently no work involved. There is only spending time, which means that currently P8 gear is purchased. Not with gold, favor, or marks, but time. You hop in a WF, run around dying a lot while trying to make some difference and hope your side wins more than they lose so you can get your gear faster (Unless you bot or AFK then well....yeah....). Again, not fun.

There should be far fewer levels of gear and/or the disparity in stats between them should be much closer. Talents will make up for a good amount of difference themselves. Then skill comes into play. Kinda sad when you think about it, especially considering how fun low level PvP is in Rift.

I hate agreeing with a poorly written post but tbh that solution is better than the current state of PvP. Basically, make all gear the same set, acquired through favor as normal. Not my first choice but again, better than what we have.
    Last edited by Mishrak; 09-20-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mishrak View Post
    The true difference is that under geared PvE players aren't immediately thrown in to Hammerknell in their level 48-50 dungeon blues. However, in PvP we are expected to believe that it is somehow fun to be running content extremely under geared?

I'm also really coming to dislike the term "earned" when referring to PvP gear in Rift. You earn something when you work for it. There is currently no work involved. There is only spending time, which means that currently P8 gear is purchased. Not with gold, favor, or marks, but time. You hop in a WF, run around dying a lot while trying to make some difference and hope your side wins more than they lose so you can get your gear faster (Unless you bot or AFK then well....yeah....). Again, not fun.

There should be far fewer levels of gear and/or the disparity in stats between them should be much closer. Talents will make up for a good amount of difference themselves. Then skill comes into play. Kinda sad when you think about it, especially considering how fun low level PvP is in Rift.

I hate agreeing with a poorly written post but tbh that solution is better than the current state of PvP. Basically, make all gear the same set, acquired through favor as normal. Not my first choice but again, better than what we have.
    sorry for the gramar, not my mother languege

sorry for the gramar, not my mother languege
    Yeah I kinda figured, no offense. I'm sure your English is better than my Spanish or whatever.

How about no. Put the time and effort into earning gear and ranks. Sorry that this can't be little league where everyone gets a trophy and ice cream regardless of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishrak View Post

Oh, so running through dungeons repeatedly for boss drops and plaques to get gear is so much harder than running warfronts?

My guildies hit 50, are given crafted gear and ran through T2 dungeons for a couple days, then are ready for DH and GP. Within two weeks we have fresh 50s in nearly a full set of raid gear with only a few hours a night.

The guy who runs around dying for months while trying to help his team seems like he puts a lot more effort in.

In the end, everything only takes time. You can run around stillmoor collecting ore and foraging, killing trash for loot and skins, then selling it for money, which in turn is then used to buy crafted epics.

With the exception of AFK'ers and bots, it's the same amount of time and effort. In a raid, if your team is awesome and works together and has good gear, you tend to down bosses more efficiently. In PvP, the same applies. One guy can get carried through a raid and get some awesome gear in one night. Last night, I burned through DH with a guy who was wearing 48/50 blues. He really didn't do much aside from adding some support heals, but he was carried through the raid just so he could get a few pieces of gear. He didn't have to put much effort into anything.

TL;DR: Time = effort. If you lack skill, you still suck when you get the gear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast