+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By habby

Thread: PVP vs PVE Gear in PVE Content

Default PVP vs PVE Gear in PVE Content

Please make PVP gear 100% useless in PVE.

I am sick of seeing 2-3 people afking their way to P8 every match to fill their dps set for raiding.

If I afk'ed for even 1 boss fight in a pve raid I would lose my spot instantly and possibly permanently.

If I afk for an entire warfront all I have to do is tap my keyboard every minute or so and I get loots eventually.

I love both raiding and PVP in this game. Currently PVP is being abused by selfish leechers for PVE. It hurts battlegroup balance, warfront enjoyability, raid gear drop utility, and the overall fun of the game.

There is no effective mechanic for preventing the leech in warfronts. So remove some of the incentive.

The release of the P8 gear, while yes it gave me an E-rection, has only made this worse.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Only if you make PvE gear 100% useless in PvP.

Neither is going to happen, so live with it.

Okay, let's separate it all then 8D

And yes I'm just QQing, hoping some poor Trion forum lackey notes this into the pile of "informative community feedback" and doesn't flag it useless.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

I'm curious why you think the folks afk'ing in WF's are doing so to bolster their PvE sets. Have you considered the fact that they are afk'ing for their PvP gear so they can use it to, I don't know, PvP?

PVPers afking for PVP gear is less likely as the people doing it are doing it to actually PVP. So why not fight in the meantime? They usually do (even if they arent very good at it ^_^).
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Had it occurred to you that they might not just be alt tabbed, but perhaps not even physically at their computers? Ie, they are off at work or school or something and are afk botting to attain gear. This is obviously in violation of Rift's ToS, but the idea that only "PvE'rs" would do this doesn't seem to make a ton of sense to me.

Um, report the person AFK, and if they are moving, open a ticket and report them for botting.

Problem solved, and if they get reported for botting, I bet you won't see them afk'ing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    I'm curious why you think the folks afk'ing in WF's are doing so to bolster their PvE sets. Have you considered the fact that they are afk'ing for their PvP gear so they can use it to, I don't know, PvP?
    AFK in a WF to PvP, sounds like an oxymoron..

Plane Touched

Please make crafted gear only usable while crafting.
    Please make dungeon gear only usable in dungeons.
    Please make world drops only usable in the open world.
    Please make raid gear only usable in raid instances.

Oh and also, please make a feature for us to report AFK leechers. Oh wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post
    Just set my damn score to 5/6 at the beginning of every PVP match before hand and prevent the wasted time of you idiots rigging the outcomes to gain precious little 5/6 outcome. I am absolutely sick of this crap, if your just gonna rig the gameplay to achieve this 56 ******** everytime then just set it there at the beginning and then let me ****ing play.

+ Reply to Thread