+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Countdown?

Default Countdown?

So do we have a countdown until the 1.5 debacle? You know, the one that makes crappy rogues mediocre and good rogues awesome? After reading the PTS notes, all that I have to say is wow. Glad that they could take the sin build that there is nothing wrong with and make it completely OP. Great job Trion. Way to cave to the whiners.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    So do we have a countdown until the 1.5 debacle? You know, the one that makes crappy rogues mediocre and good rogues awesome? After reading the PTS notes, all that I have to say is wow. Glad that they could take the sin build that there is nothing wrong with and make it completely OP. Great job Trion. Way to cave to the whiners.
    Says the warrior/cleric.

Ascendant

I'm counting down. I want to make r5 before I take a break to go work on my HoM.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Says the warrior/cleric.
    If Trion releases 1.5 as it stands now, you will see a nerf on rogues. Guaranteed.

Ascendant

If Trion releases 1.5 as it stands now, you will see a nerf on rogues. Guaranteed.
    I've been on the PTS with my rogue, both at rank 3 and rank 8. Rogues will be potent and competitive...whether or not we'll be OP is something we'll have to wait until live to see for sure. I just find it amusing that someone who plays the two callings that have been OP longer than any other callings in the game would be complaining about rogues.

I've been on the PTS with my rogue, both at rank 3 and rank 8. Rogues will be potent and competitive...whether or not we'll be OP is something we'll have to wait until live to see for sure. I just find it amusing that someone who plays the two callings that have been OP longer than any other callings in the game would be complaining about rogues.
    Two negatives do not make a positive. ****ing up one class doesn't fix other class issues. If they release this, it will be as bad as the Pyro issue that Trion caused. If they tone it back, it won't be an issue but I have a feeling that they won't. The data that they are using to support the rogue "dps" issue is skewed by all of the baddies that play rogues in PVP at level 50. Sin builds will be the FOTM and cause nothing but more problems.

Rogues have earned this change. They have mostly been relegated to the roles of eradibot and bardstalker for a while now. I know there are a select few who regularly smash people in warfronts but they are few and far between.

It is my experience that if i see a rogue and I am on low health that he is going to help me proc my bloddthirsty as he caresses me gently with his wet noodle dps.

Licentia I love your signature block too. Got that song stuck in my head with those words now

Wykar <GOON SQUAD> R8 Warrior Seastone

I have to admit that I expect the forums to erupt with several complaints shortly after the 1.5 launch:
    - "Rogues are ****ing overpowered as hell. I'm R6-R8 and just got stunkilled, what the ****?"
    - "WTF Trion, you ****ed up my raiding Rogue spec."
    - "WTF TRION U DIDN'T EVEN BOOST US @ ALL!!!!!! I THOT 1.5 PATCH SUPPOSE 2 BOOST ROUGES!!!! WE NEED MORE LIKE FULL SELF HEALS AND LEECHING POINSON IS **** NEEDS 2 HEEL 1000 A TICK LIKE CLERICK!"

-Liang

Ed: For the record, I'm busy preparing for 1.5 to be a primarily PVE patch set for me. The idea of going back to being stunkilled every time a Rogue decides he's going to unstealth and smash a 1 button macro just isn't very pleasant. And no, I'm not 'low rank'.
    Last edited by Liang Nuren; 09-20-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Ascendant

Two negatives do not make a positive. ****ing up one class doesn't fix other class issues. If they release this, it will be as bad as the Pyro issue that Trion caused. If they tone it back, it won't be an issue but I have a feeling that they won't. The data that they are using to support the rogue "dps" issue is skewed by all of the baddies that play rogues in PVP at level 50. Sin builds will be the FOTM and cause nothing but more problems.
    Your first mistake in this thread from a credibility standpoint was saying that rogues were already fine. Hint: if a calling is 'fine' in terms of damage output, you'll see threads on forums claiming they're OP. Prior to the announcement of the rogue calling review and feedback of the PTS changes trickling in to the PvP forums, nobody was complaining about rogue offense being OP. Ever. We've had kvetching about Eradicate, Slip Away, and Lost Hope spam. Never people complaining that rogues did too much damage.

When not even the bads complain that rogue damage is OP, that tells you something. It tells you people don't view rogue offense as a threat. Even after the assassin buffs be barely heard a peep.

I've got a cleric I'm leveling through warfronts right now and there are a lot of rogues running around. Some of them are probably people who are leveling a rogue because they want to level a rogue. Some of them are leveling a rogue because they anticipate rogues will be the next OP FotM. Regardless, rogues have been mediocre for long enough. If they get nerfed shortly after 1.5, so be it. In the meantime, someone who plays a warrior and a cleric whining about anyone else being OP comes off as more than a bit of a twit.

After reading the PTS notes

If that's what you base your opinion on, this thread should have ended long ago.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

I've got a cleric I'm leveling through warfronts right now and there are a lot of rogues running around. Some of them are probably people who are leveling a rogue because they want to level a rogue. Some of them are leveling a rogue because they anticipate rogues will be the next OP FotM. Regardless, rogues have been mediocre for long enough. If they get nerfed shortly after 1.5, so be it. In the meantime, someone who plays a warrior and a cleric whining about anyone else being OP comes off as more than a bit of a twit.
    Yeah, I'm leveling a mage right now (almost done) and there are an utterly enormous number of Rogues (well over half of every WF). There are absolutely no healing clerics at all for either PVE or PVP. I'd say about 90% of the healing done in both dungeons and WFs is done by mages, which strikes me as very odd.

-Liang

Well, I doubt new debilitating poison will go live in it's current form.

Prophet of Telara

Most of the new Rogues suck though, and not due to class issues. They'll drop out swiftly when they realize they don't wtfpwn.

Still though, not looking forward to having tanks in my face and rogues up my *** in every WF...

Your first mistake in this thread from a credibility standpoint was saying that rogues were already fine. Hint: if a calling is 'fine' in terms of damage output, you'll see threads on forums claiming they're OP. Prior to the announcement of the rogue calling review and feedback of the PTS changes trickling in to the PvP forums, nobody was complaining about rogue offense being OP. Ever. We've had kvetching about Eradicate, Slip Away, and Lost Hope spam. Never people complaining that rogues did too much damage.

When not even the bads complain that rogue damage is OP, that tells you something. It tells you people don't view rogue offense as a threat. Even after the assassin buffs be barely heard a peep.

I just wanted to get it out there before the overwhelming response from all of the other players. Personally, I am not worried about any rogues. Feel free to find me in a WF. It is the other players that will start whining about this and it WILL cause more problems in PVP than what it solves. I absolutely could not care less about PVE damage. Players will be stun-killed and the forums will blow up and 6 weeks from now, it will be scaled back. Since the rogues have been crying a river of tears for months now, this is my attempt to get Trion to pull the reigns back a bit. If they don't release the PTS version live then it won't be an issue.

Shield of Telara

Wow would have knew you were a warrior without seeing your sig after all the crying about rogues... sorry man warriors dont have easy kills anymore.. you have to pick your face off your keyboard and play...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast