+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sarathor

Thread: Trion, PLEASE Make training skills up essential.

Default Trion, PLEASE Make training skills up essential.

Please make training your skills worth it.

This is primarily targeted at clerics who are not training up healing skills to conserve mana.

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, some players have been rolling clerics then not training new ranks of healing skills.

At lower levels this can make a difference but once they hit level 50 and are able to stack massive amounts of spell power these clerics can cast spells like rank 1 healing communion for a small healing loss when compared to the rank 7 version, but for only 35% of the mana cost of the rank 7 skill.

So, the cleric may lose about 200hp on a heal, but they can cast nearly 3 heals for the same amount of mana. This results in clerics endlessly spamming heals without having to worry about going oom. If one cleric who didn't level up his skills can out-heal 2 to 3 clerics who have already leveled up their skills, something is broken. At rank 8, spell power contributes far more to heals than the actual skill itself.

Please fix this.

I admit I've been abusing this when I go healing on my cleric and it's absurdly overpowered. I filed a bug report at like level 30 within the first week I had played the game because I saw it was going to be ridiculously broken, and I think I may have been somewhat responsible for its popularization, as I told quite a few people about it after they saw me healing at lower levels and then they went on to copy the build. Fast forward a couple weeks and it's suddenly on the front page of RiftJunkies.

You can exploit the same thing in PvE as a purifier with rank 1 restorative flame and the ancestral flame talent.

There are several solutions, but Trion should definitely fix this asap, as it breaks both PvE and PvP.
    Last edited by Wutangrza; 09-20-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Plane Touched

They will probably just erase this post and leave it unfixed
    Septica 86 Sorc, Nikola 95 DOK, Karak Norn
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/display.php?user=segro

In the spirit of sunshine being the best disinfectant, I'll share what build I've been using when I do heal using this. It's probably absolutely game-breaking in PvE, though what's really surprising is, I'd argue that in PvP Warden is still more effective than even an "exploiting" cleric who is using R1 healing communion. But I digress, here's the build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00Gjx.x.E0Exfstco.VVr with two points to spare as you see fit.

Basically the goal is to just spam rank 1 healing communion, which, with reasonable gear, almost guarantees a serendipity proc, which means you can start spamming .5 second cast healing communions. You can also weave in cast time heals like healing innvo between communions since serendipity will make them 1.5 second casts. Of course you should also use your other cooldowns accordingly. But yea, with this you are able to spam aoe heals that reduce the damage your entire team takes by 11% while often times increasing their damage vs the other team by 10% (if they catch a heal while below 50% health). I like the spec because you can actually feel the tide turn if you hop in while your team is all fairly low from some tyanny/DS spam and you drop a divine call followed by a ton of cheap healing communions.

As far as how overpowered this is? It breaks PvE completely, you can crank out astonishingly high HPS for almost no mana. In PvP, it's really damn good, but I'd argue it's almost needed (it should be nerfed a bit, without a doubt, but not entirely) to heal as a sentinel, because otherwise you are pretty much just a waste of a slot in a WF. Arguably, it still performs worse than a Warden Cleric spec, but, that's a different overpowered beast entirely.

My suggestion is to completely eliminate down ranking from the game, but honestly, sentinels in PvP could use some kind of buff that makes healing communion a bit cheaper than it currently is, or at least some other buff, because as it stands now, sentinels are terrible in PvP unless they are using this "exploit".
    Last edited by Wutangrza; 09-20-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Do what WoW did.

Make skills level with you. It will remove a money sink, but it would fix the problem.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

+ Reply to Thread