+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Port Scion, The Bane Of Pre-Mades?

Soulwalker

Default Port Scion, The Bane Of Pre-Mades?

I found it relieving that I actually had a chance to take advantage of my new gear and finally recieve the benefits of the double favor weekends. Since Port Scion has multiple options for victory it seemed to make the Premades split up in to smaller groups and allowed us Pugs the opportunity to get a little more balanced fight.

You probably just lose a lot and assume that they are premades when it's really just better players beating you.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

When bads see a mass of the same @pvpserver in the scoreboard, they scream premade.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    You probably just lose a lot and assume that they are premades when it's really just better players beating you.
    WRONG!!! You are certainly pissed because the playing field was leveled this weekend and you indeed are the one who sucks as a player. Thus getting it handed to you this weekend. So cry me a river!

Prophet of Telara

3 posts in and it's already a flamewar. Lol.

Edit - And I concur with the posters saying the premade excuse is used too much. It is. For example, you don't have to be a premade to focus fire and go after healers. In PvP, that should be as natural as pulling mobs is in PvE.
    Last edited by Qaedyan; 09-20-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    When bads see a mass of the same @pvpserver in the scoreboard, they scream premade.
    I scream premade even if they're from different servers!

Actually, I'm leveling a new character right now, and I joined a warfront (20's bracket), and this guy was talking about how the opposing side is a premade...

yeah, true story.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

It's always a pre-made if you lose! Sheesh!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Different clusters experience different things. For some, it is more of an actual problem than for others. For some, it is a misused and abused term...

...though...

...in the world of faction imbalances and greatly varying queue times...

...it is entirely possible for one side to play together often, be able to develop tactics that most of the team is familiar with, rank/gear faster, etc, etc...

...and thus work almost as well as an actual premade when facing opponents that may never have seen each other before, are a hodge-podge of ranks/gear, etc, etc, etc.

So, enough James T. Kirk typing and all that jazz; even though the "actual" premade problem tends not to be as bad as it is made out to be, there is no doubt that a problem that resembles premades exists.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

do premades even exist anymore?

I'm on one of the most pvp heavy battlegroups and my premade queues were 15+ minutes. Why bother?
    Last edited by Vaine; 09-21-2011 at 01:25 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    do premades even exist anymore?

I'm on one of the most pvp heavy battlegroups and my premade queues were 15+ minutes. Why bother?

??????

Profit?

that only works on the side with less people or on low population battlegroups.

More often than not your premade is divided, in 2 or 3 groups of 1 or 2 players. I'm pretty sure Trion has a built in mechanic to prevent 3,2,1 go.

But, hey ... thanks for playing.
    Last edited by Vaine; 09-21-2011 at 01:39 AM.

Anyone mentioned premade pizza?

Rift Disciple

that only works on the side with less people or on low population battlegroups.

More often than not your premade is divided, in 2 or 3 groups of 1 or 2 players. I'm pretty sure Trion has a built in mechanic to prevent 3,2,1 go.

No trion does not and i can tell you this from expirience. We have been using a 3,2,1 to get in for months now.

Not because we enjoy going over randoms but we want to play together and we dont want to wait 15 minutes if we queue as a group of 5.

To OP i played with a premade of 5, only 5 this weekend an we didnt loose a signle PS. All you need is to focus dps and healing even with a small group (2 r8 warrs, r7 clerics caba and healer and an r5 rogue bard). It is not cause we are great it just shows that if you focus and mark targets use a proper assist train it all goes a lot smoother.

Rift Disciple

I'm pretty sure Trion has a built in mechanic to prevent 3,2,1 go.

I don't say LOL alot... but LOL. Your blind faith in Trion puzzles me. This, in fact, has not happened. Sync queuing is alive and well. This is how pre-mades play pugs which was the topic the thread was on so.. thank you... for playing. Good day.

well we don't get in as a group 3 ... 2 ... 1 method:

Like I've stated 'on battlegroups with large populations' this won't work. I know some of you have reading comprehension issues so I made it easier and highlighted key words, that will make it impossible to miss.

I've transfered from low -> high so I have experience with both types of populations. 3...2...1 works when there is only 1 or 2 warfronts going on (like sagespire), when there are 10 or 15 warfronts (like whitefall) happening it's a different story. I'm almost positive that there is a random modifier added to your queue time as we've been split into 3 and 4 groups sometimes. If there were no random modifier, the most number of groups we could get is 2.

As for 'having faith in Trion': Adding a variance modifier is a well known scheduling programming trick and does not take more than 1 line of code. I'm pretty sure people programming complex systems like mmorpgs can handle something a first year CS student can do in his sleep.
    Last edited by Vaine; 09-21-2011 at 03:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast