+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Segragating WFs by rank would destroy PvP guilds

Default Segragating WFs by rank would destroy PvP guilds

Segregating Warfronts by rank would prevent high ranks from queuing with and helping their low ranked friends and guild-mates. You worked your *** off to get your high rank and the gear that goes with it. Now you cant queue up and help your lower ranked friends and guildies. Segregating WFs by rank would effectively destroy pvp guilds because they could no longer queue up together.

Segragating WFs by rank would result in a mass exodus of PvP guilds from RIFT. I hope this puts the idea of separating WFs by pvp rank to rest for good.

Lets not got there Trion.

Plane Touched

i agree, being in a active pvp guild and most guildies are 1/2/3 ranks away from each other
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Banned

Because basing it on the highest ranking member of the group would be far too difficult.

Rift Disciple

Queue times are already significant for the majority of Defiants. Merging all servers would actually increase times for Defiant queues. The queue times would increase yet again once they segregated by rank. This is why segregating by ranks would destroy Rift PvP alltogether - no Defiant would want to wait 45 minutes for every warfront. I say this as a Guardian.
    Yukseven
    Sahree
    <Einherjar> - Deepstrike

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Because basing it on the highest ranking member of the group would be far too difficult.
    Then warfronts would only be partially separated by rank. Then we need a fix for the segragation fix because some would find ways to game the system. In the meantime, pvp guilds would evaporate because they would no longer control who they could queue with.

Lets not destroy pvp guilds and RIFT pvp with them, no segragation of WFs by rank please Trion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackweb View Post
    Lets not destroy pvp guilds and RIFT pvp with them, no segragation of WFs by rank please Trion.
    Haven't most of the PVP players left anyway?

If you want no segregation of ranks then we can only assume you want all warfronts merged from level 10 on up? The same logic applies, why can't I take a friend who just joined the game and queue with them? Trion is has already destroyed PVP guilds because of segregation... stop all segregation!

Shadowlander

I think that grouping based on highest rank person in the group makes sense. Personally I don't care one way or the other. I can see the frustration when you get smoked by a high ranked person without a chance to do anything. But, I don't think the ques will change that much. I think that if you enter a que with a higher ranked and run into a high ranked and get demolished it is on you. I am not sure of any way to "game" that since you can only opt to fight in a higher rank.

Shadowlander

After being mowed down repeatedly by rank 8s I'm all for setting up divisions, but it can be fairly liberal in implementation to make sure the queues aren't too bad...say ranks 1 to 5 and then ranks 6 to 8 (and 9 if they implement that in the future).

If you want to help your buddies/guild mates then they queue with you in the rank 6 to 8 WF queue (base it on the highest rank person of the group queuing - no way to game that unless there is a bug in the code).

Seems like it wouldn't be terribly difficult to implement and would keep the queue times relatively low while not discouraging low ranks from queuing since they wouldn't get one to two shot every time. PvP queues are not going to get better when people are utterly demoralized by higher ranks. They have no incentive to queue at all. This would help alleviate that.

Plane Touched

If you want no segregation of ranks then we can only assume you want all warfronts merged from level 10 on up? The same logic applies, why can't I take a friend who just joined the game and queue with them? Trion is has already destroyed PVP guilds because of segregation... stop all segregation!
    I left two weeks ago but have ~40 days on my account left because I was an idiot and bought a 90 day sub last time. I still troll the forums every 4-5 days hoping for an announcement that some kind of changes to the current lunacy have been made, but no, Trion's just drinking another beer while the train heads towards the face of the mountain instead of turning away from it.

I had hopes for Warhammer. Then I had hopes for Aion. Then I had hopes for Rift.

Now I have hopes for Disgaea 4 and Atelier Totori.

http://drkatesview.files.wordpress.c.../straw_man.jpg

I have a great idea to fix this problem..

Instead of segregating WF's, people can quit being babies and suck it up and deal with it like the majority of everyone else had to.

Problem fixed...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by blackweb View Post
    Segregating Warfronts by rank would prevent high ranks from queuing with and helping their low ranked friends and guild-mates. You worked your *** off to get your high rank and the gear that goes with it. Now you cant queue up and help your lower ranked friends and guildies. Segregating WFs by rank would effectively destroy pvp guilds because they could no longer queue up together.

Segragating WFs by rank would result in a mass exodus of PvP guilds from RIFT. I hope this puts the idea of separating WFs by pvp rank to rest for good.

Lets not got there Trion.
    Something needs to be done to balance pvp - it is ******ed right now and a lot of people will be leaving Rift because of the poor PvP play. You dont need to segregate high ranks from low ranks to balance it, just use a weighting system whereby highranks are worth more and hold the que until it balances out. maybe the match will be 5 R8's and 2 R3's vs. 8 R3s and 3 R1s - or whatever makes sense as far as weighting goes. Realistically, it would probably takes at least 3 or 4 r1s to take out most R8s. Also you could balance it in terms of heals too - so that each side is within 1 healer of each other. It will be a guranteed, if Trion ignores this problem, that they will lose lots of people though - including myself.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Odnoc View Post
    I have a great idea to fix this problem..

Instead of segregating WF's, people can quit being babies and suck it up and deal with it like the majority of everyone else had to.

Problem fixed...
    Oh, what you mean by not being a baby is committ to endless hours of play like the dweebs who are aleady R8 now? Not everyone has the time for this. Some people, who have lives outside of Rift, might still enjoy some competetive PvP rather than being on a side which gets run over dozens of times in a row and essentially forces you to sit on the sidelines and wait for the end of the match over and over again. Mind you I am talking about the Warfront only - open PvP on a PvP server should be just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivonim View Post
    Oh, what you mean by not being a baby is committ to endless hours of play like the dweebs who are aleady R8 now? Not everyone has the time for this. Some people, who have lives outside of Rift, might still enjoy some competetive PvP rather than being on a side which gets run over dozens of times in a row and essentially forces you to sit on the sidelines and wait for the end of the match over and over again. Mind you I am talking about the Warfront only - open PvP on a PvP server should be just that.
    And I don't have a degree to become a CEO of a large corporation, does that mean I should make what they make while working at fast food putting myself through college or the contrary, they should make what I make because it isn't fair they are better off than I am now? Or I should get any other special treatment? Hell, in RL it is quite the contrary, I'm paying more in taxes than they are as is, funny how that works.

Yes, I do mean whatever it takes, if it means endless hours, so be it. Effort should = reward. I don't have much time in Rift, as I said, I work and am in college. I'm not even near R7 yet. I have dealt with the grind up to where I am at, and I don't see why others think they are entitled to anything different than what someone else had to do. We all pay the same amount to play this game, and all should be treated equally.
    Last edited by Odnoc; 09-20-2011 at 02:59 PM.

It won't happen most likely. Trion already made a statement in an official post about PvP that they will not split up ranks because it will open up potential for far more issues than it would solve. And they are correct, it would. They said this I believe when talking about valor normalization.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast