+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amazing PvP Thingy From LoL..And Crom

Default Amazing PvP Thingy From LoL..And Crom

Have any of you played League of Legends? If so, you know the Death-recap option to were you can see, how much damage was done, and what abilities and etc killed you. We need this in RIFT ASAP!!!

I'm sick of multiple people accusing Melee classes of being OP for being in their face, when keep in mind...Multiple others are bashing your head in...with a magic wand from far away.

We need a death recap option because of this issue.

The Death-recap options look like this.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...eathrecap.jpg/

Now...You can see whom powned your face, and who was climbing behind his butt-trail. Thank you.

DIS IS NOT A TROLL

Thoughts? Go.
    Flames? NOOooOOOooooOOOOOOO
    Hate? Only if your Maximation or a mage.
    Tips? Add your own lazy!
    Last edited by Cromagis; 09-19-2011 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

You already have this feature, its called the combat log.

The only problem is the people QQin' all the time about this, and that is OP, dont even know how to read it, or turn on timestamps. They just go "OMG SOMEONE KILLED ME IN PVP, THAT CLASS IS OBVIOUSLY OP BECAUSE HE KILLED ME, AND NOONE CAN KILL ME CUZ IM ****ING AMAZING."

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    You already have this feature, its called the combat log.

The only problem is the people QQin' all the time about this, and that is OP, dont even know how to read it, or turn on timestamps. They just go "OMG SOMEONE KILLED ME IN PVP, THAT CLASS IS OBVIOUSLY OP BECAUSE HE KILLED ME, AND NOONE CAN KILL ME CUZ IM ****ING AMAZING."
    I use this frequently, but as a low rank (P1 to P3) every death seems to have some stupid crazy crit number on it. So, usually I take a little bit of damage from random AoE and then a truckload of damage from someone with high rank gear knocking me into next Tuesday.

I know, it's just the high-rank gear. And, I know it's better than it was before Valor normalization. My point is, the OPs suggestion would probably have the opposite effect than what he desires. Can you imagine the nerf-howls if every death was accompanied by a summary similar to the following:

Cabalist01 (Rank 2) - 10% Magic Damage
    Stormcaller01 (Rank 4) - 12% Magic Damage
    Warrior01 (Rank 7) - 30% Melee Damage; 48% Magic Damage

Elapsed Time - 7 Seconds

You can replace the class names with whatever you want. The point is, it's just obvious that something isn't right. And I can say that most of my pvp deaths have occurred with one guy doing the lion's share of the damage, and that guy was nearly always higher rank than me. It isn't because I'm special or amazing and should never die. It's that 3 DPS classes all trying to kill me at once ought to have a MUCH more balanced damage distribution than they currently do, regardless of rank. A kill summary would just make this more obvious.

IMO, higher rank should increase survival a lot but only increase damage a little. This would slow the pace of PvP down a great deal and give people time to out think their opponents. Rank would give an advantage, but not an insurmountable one.

Quote Originally Posted by P1NCUSH1ON View Post
    It's that 3 DPS classes all trying to kill me at once ought to have a MUCH more balanced damage distribution than they currently do, regardless of rank. A kill summary would just make this more obvious.
    i cannot agree with this statement. warriors (and rogues) should have a far larger damage amount on your kill summary when their damage is primarily single target. mage/cleric should generaly be showing as a smaller percentage due to their damage being aoe.

a seperate team summary (kinda like the endgame scoreboard we all know and love and click exit with barely a glance at) would reveal the mages/clerics as the top damage dealers they really are.

warriors being as beastly as they are now is where they should be. they cannot stealth. they cannot run away. they can only charge. and keep on charging until they die. they need to be able to survive wading neck deep into the enemy ranks and taking the beating such an action draws. they need to be able to deliver significant damage for the short duration they are in there. with warriors, they either crash, or crash through.
    no one ever mentions how often warriors die in combat (take it from me, its a lot). they only remember that it was a warrior in their face when they died.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread