+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP'ing in Towns

Ascendant

Default PVP'ing in Towns

Trion, why do you puinsh people for PVP'ing in the open world with all of your silly NPC's that aggro once you attack a member of the opposite faction? It's just stupid. Nevermind that guardians have a huge advantage since their NPC's outnumber defiants 10-1, but that's another issue. I am talking strictly here about "neutral" NPC's like Order of Mathod. Why do they aggro?

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Nevermind that guardians have a huge advantage since their NPC's outnumber defiants 10-1, but that's another issue.
    And this is where you lost all credibility.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    And this is where you lost all credibility.
    Care to show where I am wrong? Look at IPP for example.. I counted 20 guardian NPC's in their base (the one beside the daily area). That's twenty. Defiants have maybe 5 or 6 in their "base" which is out in BFE, no where near anything important.

But again, that's not the issue here. I just think it's silly that neutral NPC's aggro during PVP encounters.

Faceless Man a good starting point. You deal with easy mode guards while we get to play with elites.
    Last edited by Baramos; 09-19-2011 at 02:38 PM.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Plane Touched

Trion, why do you puinsh people for PVP'ing in the open world with all of your silly NPC's that aggro once you attack a member of the opposite faction? It's just stupid. Nevermind that guardians have a huge advantage since their NPC's outnumber defiants 10-1, but that's another issue. I am talking strictly here about "neutral" NPC's like Order of Mathod. Why do they aggro?
    NPC's are there to give a small vantage to that side, why do u even go there to pvp?

Without those "safe heavens" some servers would be ganking fest, why are u even crying about this?

Want to remove guards?
    Mass gank fest that ppl wont even go there...

Want to add more guards?
    Some ppl try to kill players at town, skilled ones manage to take the player down and get away, i do it...

Want to make guards stronger?
    See wow, no one worlds pvp anymore at that thing...

From all the things that need attencion u gona cry over this? plz
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Rift Disciple

Might be to try and curb those lame players that spawn camp their opponents or graveyard camp in IPP just waiting for the person they just killed to respawn in town ( probably to go somewhere else) so they can kill them again before they can buff/heal up. I see no issue at all with town Guards reacting to people trying to kill each other in their towns, there is a huge area to kill your rival outside the towns, I don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Faceless Man a good starting point. You deal with easy mode guards while we get to play with elites.
    The faceless man does not attack people by proxy aggro. You can gank a defiant standing next to the Faceless man NPC in Stillmoor if you stay at range. I don't have a Guardian, I have never walked up to him as an enemy though but I know my first bit has happened to me when I thought it was a good AFK spot and have seen others die this way.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-19-2011 at 03:19 PM.

I think it gives classes with a knockback a good boost, like I believe MM or Ranger, Warriors, mages and clerics get knockbacks to. If you see a group of mobs around, especially the big patrol with the captain or that hulking elite thing then move around knock them into the mob and laugh while they get owned.

Just because someone else uses "Tactics" shouldn't be the call that all PvP area should be flat and objectless and gray to prevent any abuse whatever. Fences, LOS objects, mobs, height changes all make PvP awesome.

Moral of story - L2P
    Last edited by Jorath; 09-20-2011 at 07:18 AM.

I am talking strictly here about "neutral" NPC's like Order of Mathod. Why do they aggro?
    One would assume that the Order of Mathos who are living in a constant state of war would like some sembalance of normality in thier lives so thierfore they choose to deal harshly with any bickering faction member who decides to shed blood in thier camps... so itching for a fight consumed by blood lust then take it outside and not in your allies home
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

+ Reply to Thread