+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Server for hardcore pvp :) No carebears allowed

Telaran

Default Server for hardcore pvp :) No carebears allowed

I know it will never happen but when i think about pvp i think about the main reason for killing someone. Grinding out WF's is about as cool as aids. So how about a server for us select few that love to kill for a purpose. Make it so we can loot thier inventory or something fun so its actually worth killing people. The gear is not worth it atm , i can easly kill a r7-r8 in my r3 gear. By inventory i mean what they carry not thier gear. This is just an example. That would be heaven in rift for me. Something along those lines.

Rift Master

Oh wow you are saying the same thing as that guy I killed over and over in the warfronts last week. You sure you can kill stuff because you barely scratched me?
    Last edited by Goggley; 09-19-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Goggley View Post
    Oh wow you are saying the same thing as that guy I killed over and over in the warfronts last week. You sure you can kill stuff because you barely scratched me?
    good troll sir good troll. try again

Quote Originally Posted by Riftmonkey69 View Post
    I know it will never happen but when i think about pvp i think about the main reason for killing someone. Grinding out WF's is about as cool as aids. So how about a server for us select few that love to kill for a purpose. Make it so we can loot thier inventory or something fun so its actually worth killing people. The gear is not worth it atm , i can easly kill a r7-r8 in my r3 gear. By inventory i mean what they carry not thier gear. This is just an example. That would be heaven in rift for me. Something along those lines.
    Lol! R3 easily killing r7/8. You must be finding afk people...

Bad troll
    2/10

Quote Originally Posted by Riftmonkey69 View Post
    So how about a server for us select few that love to kill for a purpose.
    try killing for fun sometime.

Play Darkfall.

It wont work in this game.
    Hoss

Sounds like the OP is afraid of the Carebear Stare.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss616 View Post
    Play Darkfall.

It wont work in this game.
    /Agree.

In 4-6 months you'll be lucky if Rift can support 1-2 "PvP" servers using the current rule-sets.

What you propose wouldn't draw enough subscribers to support a single server.

People who ask for this kind of server always imagine they will be the wolves hunting the sheep.

Then they get there and discover they are in fact the sheep getting killed by the even tougher wolves. Then they log out forever and pretend this never happened.
    BLIZZARD: First off, it's important that everyone remembers that feedback needs to remain constructive... using profanity in your posts, no matter how strongly you may feel about something, is not appropriate.
    TRION: If something ****ing pisses someone off to the point of ****ing smashing their ****ing keyboard Hearing it in those words, helps.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    People who ask for this kind of server always imagine they will be the wolves hunting the sheep.

Then they get there and discover they are in fact the sheep getting killed by the even tougher wolves. Then they log out forever and pretend this never happened.
    no, he wants to make a rogue and hang out in the starting area like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    no, he wants to make a rogue and hang out in the starting area like a boss.
    Isn't that always the case? The people who call real PVPers carebears and want "hardcore" servers are the type of people that really just want to hang out in lowbie zones killing people who can't fight back so they can feel like they are bosses.

What the game really needs is a reason for real world PVP, such as objectives, resource conquering and holding, bonuses for having the advantage, keep capturing, and things like that. Towns should be PVP free zones in my opinion to keep people who just want to sit there all day farming lowbies away. That way the people who want to go kick some butt for the realm can do so, but everyone else doesn't have their game ruined by a few sadistic lowbie campers.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post

Well said, sir; Well said.

basically, to provide a hardcore experience you would just hit the "hardcore" button and be sent to an instanced world where there is no gear no levels and just other players seeking to kill you.

I want to play as the predator, you can be the marine or an alien....

Basically, if you were a "hardcore PvPer" you wouldn't be playing Rift. Hell, you wouldn't be playing any MMO in this genre. You would be playing EvE or Darkfall, or even MUDs.

Whenever someone calls themselves "skilled" or "hardcore" at Rift PvP all I can imagine is a little kid beating on a smaller kid and then strutting around afterward. PvP in Rift is fun, but it's not skill-based in the least.
    Last edited by Lande; 09-19-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Shadowlander

Another reason I think this would not work, at least not at this point in the game, is because most people would probably not leave their guilds and friends to move to this server. Guilds are usually made of a mix of people, some who like to PvP a lot and some who like to mix PvE and PvP, and some who just PvE. If such a server existed at launch *maybe* some folks would have chosen to start out there, but now with friendships formed and people making progress towards guild quests and whatnot I don't think people would migrate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast