+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: last warfront

Telaran

Default last warfront

Here i am joining a warfront. I find myself with 5 other players. And quickly we eat dust. I thought How could it be so fast? I know some of the guys i am playing against. They are good but not that good.

I do not know any of the guys i am playing with, however. So while waiting rez i start checking their gear. Surprise. Highest rank is 5. 2 others are rank 2 wearing pieces of blue armor. @ remaining are not wearing a single piece of PVP gear and still have green gear. Somehow i was unlucky to play with a pre-made. A tourist premade.

I am glad there are new PVP players in rift. You need to start one day.

As far as i remember however, I did not tried warfrotn with green gear. I have a little level 45 who doe snot have a sibgle piece of green and have enough favor to buy full rank2 armor if I ever want to reach this level. Some people just want to be carried and get some free pieces of gear. is it faster to queue for PVP than do then do T1 dungeon crawlingor or farm plats to buy decent pieces of gear?

Well, I am full r8 and do-actually was doing- warfront for fun. I do not go into warfront without some pots, armor plating and power stone. I do not want to play with -or against- people wearing green gear. Period.

Plane Touched

Lol, I feel for you...how about them not having any planar essences too

I even had cleric not wearing weapon yesterday in wf because he thought his
    wand is enough

makes me cry because I just paid 4P on AH to get +200 spellpower for my cabbie
    just so I could try to powerlevel those poor souls

btw, my mage is level 32 and I have 70k favor already, waiting for me to hit 50...
    how hard is that
    Septica 86 Sorc, Nikola 95 DOK, Karak Norn
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/display.php?user=segro

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by segro View Post
    Lol, I feel for you...how about them not having any planar essences too

I even had cleric not wearing weapon yesterday in wf because he thought his
    wand is enough

makes me cry because I just paid 4P on AH to get +200 spellpower for my cabbie
    just so I could try to powerlevel those poor souls

btw, my mage is level 32 and I have 70k favor already, waiting for me to hit 50...
    how hard is that

I like your attitude and your do diligents in get your favor capped before hitting 50.

nice job.
    Last edited by Grazskin; 09-19-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Grazskin View Post
    I like your attitude and your do diligents in get your favor capped before hitting 50.

nice job.
    I go to win...I simply don't understand "we lost, but it was fun" attitude after we get trashed 1000:50 in Codex, for example

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by imzaan View Post

Some people just want to be carried and get some free pieces of gear. is it faster to queue for PVP than do then do T1 dungeon crawlingor or farm plats to buy decent pieces of gear?
    These kind of comments are so uncalled for. How do you know if people are free loaders?
    Participating in pvp in a normal way is aggrevating as it is, you honestly think there are people that will do nothing to get gear and still be able to do nothing?
    Even if that is the case, don't assume that.
    Some people are just new to a game, don't know everything, don't assume so much. Did you tell them in a kind way they should get better gear at least?

Speaking for myself, I can't fault anyone wearing Green/Blue gear in a warfront.

There is no gear requirement stated, there's not even a suggested gear setup for it. I can completely understand getting to 50 and excitedly joining a warfront in whatever I'm wearing at the moment. Not everyone is a veteran MMOer, who understands gearing and progression.

I started off with Greens/Blues in 50 Warfronts. Now I'm R8 and T1-Raid geared. I doubt anyone could call me a freeloader, and yet I started exactly as you describe those so-called leechers.

It's just how it is.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Ascendant

Really, blue gear in a warfront is such a small issue. In only a handful of hours that blue-gear player will be in full r1/r2 gear.

The problem is that the balance of r1-4 vs r6-8 players determines warfronts.

I never find time to inspect through everyone's gear in WFs, but I do look at the boards at the end. When we lose, my r4 chlor/lock is often top damage, top heals. If we win, there are several of my teammates above me in healing and quite a few above me in damage.

I like the valor change. It's made warfronts a lot more fun for me as an r4, but which team loses or wins still seems to come down to gear almost all of the time.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    Speaking for myself, I can't fault anyone wearing Green/Blue gear in a warfront.

There is no gear requirement stated, there's not even a suggested gear setup for it. I can completely understand getting to 50 and excitedly joining a warfront in whatever I'm wearing at the moment. Not everyone is a veteran MMOer, who understands gearing and progression.

I started off with Greens/Blues in 50 Warfronts. Now I'm R8 and T1-Raid geared. I doubt anyone could call me a freeloader, and yet I started exactly as you describe those so-called leechers.

It's just how it is.
    Thats why DAOC was so great...you spent whole year to get to 50, you were forced (at least at game start back in 2001) to get full group, you socialized and saw whos good and who's not, and when you hit rvr, you could choose whom to group with, unlike system where you're dumped into group with 4-19 unknown people

Rift Disciple

Even if a fresh 50 had the favor to buy the full p2 set he could only buy 3 pieces ( rings available? cant remember) until he hit p2. And since the prestige required to reach p2 is umm what 45k? it goes by very fast. So why bother throwing money on some gear that wont do him/her any good anyways and that will be replaced within hrs? get over yourself...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Miffo View Post
    Even if a fresh 50 had the favor to buy the full p2 set he could only buy 3 pieces ( rings available? cant remember) until he hit p2. And since the prestige required to reach p2 is umm what 45k? it goes by very fast. So why bother throwing money on some gear that wont do him/her any good anyways and that will be replaced within hrs? get over yourself...
    Rings and necklace if you got scion people notoriety, no prestige needed, only 18k favor for all

Or, boots, gloves, 2 rings and belt at corporal quartermaster for whopping 28k favor

So, 6 valor pieces overall...not bad

Telaran

its not so bad that they only have the green or blue gear.

whats bad is they have to face r8's

r8 also have to join with them and fail

it was suggested by many many people to split the wf's

trion did not give a reason they just said "we wont do it"

it obvious there needs to be a split at 4/5

if not explain why it should be

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post

It's just how it is.
    Somewhat well-said. Except, I'd simplify it: It's a game. Those individuals with green/blue gear in the warfront beside you pay the same subscription that you pay. Deal with it, or don't queue warfronts.

You're not going to find anyone sympathizing with you here, on Trion's forums. Trion LIVES for those green-geared level 50 PvPers. It's money in the bank, baby.

Anyhow, QQ on.

Mario

You only notice them when they are your team.

When you global some poor guy it's like, "wow, I'm leet."

Summary: who cares. Under-geared players are on both teams. It's called a pug. You want everyone at your standards you roll with premades.

Ascendant

I had someone complain that I was in all blues when I first hit 50. I politely asked them what they thought I should do before coming into warfronts, and was told that it would be best if I did some crafting and T1 runs to get some better gear.

I don't like dungeons, but I do have outfitter so I could work on the crafted gear for my mage. I quickly realized it would take a long time for me to get the recipes for a complete set of crafted gear, so I ignored the advice and had my full r2 gear in a matter of days.

Fresh 50s aren't the problem. It's all of us slogging our way through to r4/r5 who are losing to the r6-8s on the other team.

It's not about freeloaders. It's about gear disparity inherent in the game design.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Shadowlander

I always see people with planar focuses with 3-4 slots, with green low level essences in them. These are mostly people with p3-p4 gear too!

No excuse for that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast