+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP is only for Clerics and Healing Mages now..."IMMUNE!!!!"

Telaran

Default PvP is only for Clerics and Healing Mages now..."IMMUNE!!!!"

The rest is cannon fodder. Never mind what mellee/range build i try.

51 Assasin, Marksman all kinda hybrid builds... nothing works against Clerics and Mages. They outheal, absorb, fear,stun debuff me, make me a squirrel.............

As 51 Assasin/13RF all i see is some damage then "IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE" until i am dead.

I cant heal myself, i have no damage shield i have nothing but a STUN and some crap poison. The Stun doesnt even work on most, it should have 4 sec but its not even that... "IMMUNE" thats the problem.

Incapacitate 45 sec Sleep ?...... it lasts for max 5-7 seconds even if the target is just standing there.

Guys i am really believing that this is the game of Ranged Magic and Selfhealing classes, Warriors and Rogues are for the fun of Mages and Clerics to farm favor....

Why ? I dont know.... i would love to play a real Rogue but everyday i get lessons from Mages and Clerics. Its not my skill, its the skills and utilities i got as Assasin. They simply do not work, they are ineffective against almost every other class....

Patch 1.5 wont change that, Rogues will still be the worst and fastest dieing characters simply because they cant heal themselfs enough like others can.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AndyPorter View Post
    The rest is cannon fodder. Never mind what mellee/range build i try.

51 Assasin, Marksman all kinda hybrid builds... nothing works against Clerics and Mages. They outheal, absorb, fear,stun debuff me, make me a squirrel.............

As 51 Assasin/13RF all i see is some damage then "IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE" until i am dead.

I cant heal myself, i have no damage shield i have nothing but a STUN and some crap poison. The Stun doesnt even work on most, it should have 4 sec but its not even that... "IMMUNE" thats the problem.

Incapacitate 45 sec Sleep ?...... it lasts for max 5-7 seconds even if the target is just standing there.

Guys i am really believing that this is the game of Ranged Magic and Selfhealing classes, Warriors and Rogues are for the fun of Mages and Clerics to farm favor....

Why ? I dont know.... i would love to play a real Rogue but everyday i get lessons from Mages and Clerics. Its not my skill, its the skills and utilities i got as Assasin. They simply do not work, they are ineffective against almost every other class....

Patch 1.5 wont change that, Rogues will still be the worst and fastest dieing characters simply because they cant heal themselfs enough like others can.
    Incapacitate only lasts for 8 seconds in PvP. Has always been that way, will always be that way. There's no way in hell a control CC like that should ever be allowed to run 45s in PvP. The 45s duration is PvE only.

Assassins in 1.5 are getting a self heal on a 1m cooldown (replacing Enduring Brew) and the amount healed from Leeching Poison is being increased substantial so yes, assassins while have more survivability in 1.5. Will 51 sin be a viable build for PvP? My sense right now is that no, it will not be. Especially if you're worried about other players being able to heal themselves.

Its not only for Rogues, CC DR in general is screwed for all classes. Im sure Dominators especially feel the same way. This happens plenty of times in a Warfront, a Warrior, melee Rogue or cleric targets me, I try and stun for 3 seconds with Deaths Grasp and Fear (Necromancer) right after but BOTH where immune and i get blown up.

You are not alone.
    Last edited by Jeanirenicus; 09-19-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    Necromancer till the day i die!

from what i heard with 1.5 sin rogues are going to be pretty good; so much so that they will likely get nerfed the hell back to where they have always been. or so my chloro mage buddy said.

Sword of Telara

what's your rank again?

Good grief man, another QQ post about this? That makes 3 I've seen in the last 15 minutes. Just reroll a Cleric and **** already.

Oh look - another thread within the space of 15 minutes by someone who cant play his own class..

Seriously, do us a favor and learn your own spec's before cryin on the boards..

And yes, I have 2 rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Liandral View Post
    Oh look - another thread within the space of 15 minutes by someone who cant play his own class..

Seriously, do us a favor and learn your own spec's before cryin on the boards..

And yes, I have 2 rogues
    Well there is nothing to learn... a rogue cant solo a competent cleric or mage.

And yes QQ is getting annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Incapacitate only lasts for 8 seconds in PvP. Has always been that way, will always be that way. There's no way in hell a control CC like that should ever be allowed to run 45s in PvP. The 45s duration is PvE only.
    Sorry, but long duration cc does work in mmos.

Having long duration aoe mezes in DAOC was a huge part of what made the pvp complex and difficult to master.

Long meaning 30 second plus duration.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    Sorry, but long duration cc does work in mmos.

Having long duration aoe mezes in DAOC was a huge part of what made the pvp complex and difficult to master.

Long meaning 30 second plus duration.
    Ya, and there's a reason no studios are rushing to duplicate DAoC style PvP. Getting locked down and unable to do anything for 45s...not gonna fly. That's worse than dying and arriving at the GY just after a rez wave and having to wait the 30s to get back into the fight. It sucks. It's not good gameplay. If you want to argue that your position as a vocal minority is evidence that people will play crappy games, by all means carry on. The concept of a stunlock is dead in contemporary casual MMOs.

The news isn't good. You may want to sit down for this. You might be bad.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Plane Walker

The news isn't good. You may want to sit down for this. You might be bad.
    Might you say? Taken from his post;

As 51 Assasin/13RF
    Atleast spend your last two points buddy. Might want to consider picking up a pvp spec while your at it.

Rift Disciple

I play a R5 Chloro/Dom. Most callings don't worry me if played by average players. Warriors are mainly RBs, and I can go at least 50/50 w/ them. Clerics are fairly easy to neuter (Read drain), but take a while to kill. Other mages are not that bad, although Chlorolock takes a while to beat. Bards I do not fear.

Marksman do bother me. I cant reflect anything of theirs, and I am not going to out heal them for long. SP is not always a good answer, because in a big battle, they will most likely choose other targets. At the very least they will make me retreat, or choose to advance into to the front lines then I normally would like to deal with them. If I am not careful, they will finish me off when I am engaged in another combat, and turn a win into a loss for me in a few GCDs.

In open world PvP, Duels and some WFs, I run from Sins. Sometimes they are bad and an easy kill. Sometimes they are good and know how to counter me. They front load enough un Denyable damage that I can not assume anything besides that they are good when they pop out on me if I want to have a chance of living. I have learned that anything short of running and resetting the fight is loss for me.

I am glad that Rogues are getting buffed. With that said, this buffing concerns my mage more then the buffing of any other class (With the exception of if they buffed physical damage for warriors significantly)
    Mirason - Lvl 50 R8 Dom/Chloro Mage Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by tuluka View Post
    Atleast spend your last two points buddy. Might want to consider picking up a pvp spec while your at it.
    He can't. He's R3 and complaining about not being able to do anything to R8s.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread