+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: And warriors keep getting th nerfs?

Rift Disciple

Default And warriors keep getting th nerfs?

i just seen a mage in port scion this morning with over 900k damage and 53 kb's and wtf and everyone qq's warriors ?
    The real op classes are clerics and mages as dps trion

Plane Walker

I seen a warrior in port scion the other night with 50 killing blows and several hundred thousand damage.

From my anecdotal experienced in port scion this weekend:

For everyone 1 warrior topping port scion there are:

0 rogues
    3 mages
    6 clerics

who top scion. I'm glad the double tap video came out late, because these numbers would probably favour mages.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Ascendant

killing blows mean nothing, damage means nothing..

you could go around snipping low health people with your cooldowns, doesnt' mean your overpowered.. and you could toss up fluff AOE damage that is easily healed and get both damage done (or healing for the other side)

The biggest problem with warrior dps in Rift is their burst dps is unmatched (and it refreshes VERY quickly).. this hopefully will change when they put the reactives on their own internal shared cooldown (it will spread out their damage and at least give people a chance to react before they are dead)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    But yet killing blows and damage combined paint a much clearer picture than any kind of theory crafting people on the forums can make up. There's not many more statistics to go off of. Obviously he was hitting a lot of people, for a decent amount of damage, and they were dying.
    Last edited by Swordfishy; 09-19-2011 at 07:51 AM.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    From my anecdotal experienced in port scion this weekend:

For everyone 1 warrior topping port scion there are:

0 rogues
    3 mages
    6 clerics

who top scion. I'm glad the double tap video came out late, because these numbers would probably favour mages.
    Not sure that video means anything, can you tell me the valor of those who are getting hit. even a R8 rogue is a stud to r2s.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Belbe View Post
    i just seen a mage in port scion this morning with over 900k damage and 53 kb's and wtf and everyone qq's warriors ?
    and if more of the other team was under geared, the numbers might of been higher....

Port Scion is an ***-load of players all bunched together. If your AoE specs aren't leading in damage, something is wrong.. Please stop using mage/ cleric AoE damage as a call for nerfs.

Rift Chaser

Last WF I was in, the warrior had 67 KBs, and twice the damage of anyone else......so? Mages do AOE damage, I'll eat my hat if 90%+ of the WFs you play don't have a warrior at the top of the KBs, usually multiple warriors.

Nothing has changed, the game is still count warriors, determine winner.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    Port Scion is an ***-load of players all bunched together. If your AoE specs aren't leading in damage, something is wrong.. Please stop using mage/ cleric AoE damage as a call for nerfs.
    This pretty much.

Topping meters doesn't win you games, just helps.

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrazen View Post
    I'll eat my hat if 90%+ of the WFs you play don't have a warrior at the top of the KBs, usually multiple warriors.
    Might as well eat your hat now and get it over with.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Warriors can sustain huge burst.

Mages have burst not near as efficient as wars.

No heal debuff on aoe hence easily healed through.

I'm actually amazed at how much misunderstanding there is here. I've done well over 1 million damage in a scion as a R5 cleric, I've seen a mage do something like 1.8 million. To some extent it's the nature of the beast, lots of players clumped up = aoe is pretty awesome.

When you compare Scion though to say, any of the other warfronts, warriors absolutely dominate. Consider the fact that the vast majority of warrior damage is going on single target (though ragestorm and bursts are nasty), and you can see it's not quite as simple as raw damage output.

I guess typically I would say I see warriors on top of the charts in both damage and killing blows in every WF other than Scion. In Scion however, they are typically atop the killing blows (or close to) with aoe classes being on top of the damage meters, which truthfully, isn't that surprising.

I'm not saying that this is necessarily indicative of one class being superior to another (though there certainly are improvements to be made to class balance), just that if all you're playing is Scion, you're getting a somewhat exaggerated example of how effective AoE classes are.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post

you could go around snipping low health people with your cooldowns, doesnt' mean your overpowered.. and you could toss up fluff AOE damage that is easily healed and get both damage done (or healing for the other side)

The biggest problem with warrior dps in Rift is their burst dps is unmatched (and it refreshes VERY quickly).. this hopefully will change when they put the reactives on their own internal shared cooldown (it will spread out their damage and at least give people a chance to react before they are dead)
    Exactly. They can kill who they want when they want. That is true power in pvp. This warlock aoe ******** is just ********. That works on low rank players but most rank 6+ shake it off.

mage aoe means nothing?
    cleric aoe means nothing?

great, you are tanking the entire opposing team. getting nuked by half a dozen mages/clerics but then a warrior comes along to add his burst to the mix and suddenly its "OMG i got globaled by a warrior" then come running to the forums for a cry.

even if the big numbers done in warfronts by other classes doesnt mean much, will you atleast now admit that the warrior in your face is not the only one hitting you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast