+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Please never Escalation Port Scion again.

Default Please never Escalation Port Scion again.

Bonus favor and prestige per kill is great but you get that on any escalation. Most escalation Port Scions matches take 30-45 minutes to play. You get 900 bonus at the end of the match for about 40 minutes of work. Whitefall Escalation can be played in 5 minutes and you still get the same 900 bonus. Therefore Whitefall escalation gives about 8x more bonus favor/prestige per equal time unit.

Please never again Escalation Port Scion or please make the end match favor/prestige bonus about 7000 favor for a win and 5000 for a loss to make up for the drastic cut we take not playing the shorter and more awesome map.
    Last edited by Jorath; 09-19-2011 at 04:32 AM.

Sword of Telara

Really, you didn't like it? I absolutely loved having Scion as Escalation personally. Sure the matches took a bit, mainly because people decided it was more fun to actually fight and kill rather than try to gun for the boss. If you want to still boss run, you can gun for the boss and smoke them in 5 minutes with a good team in Escalation. I was getting a good 7k to 9k favor/prestige out of each port scion I got into, win or loss, which wasn't too bad imho. Sure I could get it faster in whitefall... but that map is so f'ing boring and prone to guard premades just farming it (on my cluster) I'd just as well play an escalation I enjoy. That, and the double notoriety almost has me to friggin glorified now with Eldrich Vanguard.

My vote, Escalation Scion next week.

- Laban

Ascendant

First, it isn't escalation. Escalation is the name of the alternate version of Whitefall. It is just Port Scion on a bonus weekend.

Second, I enjoyed Port Scion this weekend. I received a lot of favor and tons of notoriety. I played way fewer matches and received about the same favor I normally would in a weekend. I am sorry you had a poor experience.
    Last edited by Chronicar; 09-19-2011 at 04:54 AM.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    First, it isn't escalation. Escalation is the name of the alternate version of Whitefall. It is just Port Scion on a bonus weekend.

Second, I enjoyed Port Scion this weekend. I received a lot of favor and tons of notoriety. I played way fewer matches and received about the same favor I normally would in a weekend. I am sorry you had a poor experience.
    Its not the experience, my post didn't reflect the fun factor of Port Scion. I like Port Scion. I am talking about the lost favor/prestige due to how long a Port Scion last versus how much bonus favor you get at the end of a Port Scion match.

I do 4 Port Scions, (lets say for example purposes I win all 4) thats 900x4 (3,600 bonus) for 160 minutes.

Now in that 160 minutes I could do about 30 Whitefall Escalation matches at 900x30 favor (27,000) bonus. Now for everyone who goes OMG you can't win 30 Whitefall escalation in a row, even with the losers bonus of 600 it is still (18,000)

So over the course of the weekend I figure I got about 100,000 less favor/prestige then I would have gotten had it been Escalation Whitefall.

Since this game is all about the gear grind, thats a huge chunk of lost favor/prestige.
    Last edited by Jorath; 09-19-2011 at 05:20 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jorath View Post
    Bonus favor and prestige per kill is great but you get that on any escalation. Most escalation Port Scions matches take 30-45 minutes to play. You get 900 bonus at the end of the match for about 40 minutes of work. Whitefall Escalation can be played in 5 minutes and you still get the same 900 bonus. Therefore Whitefall escalation gives about 8x more bonus favor/prestige per equal time unit.

Please never again Escalation Port Scion or please make the end match favor/prestige bonus about 7000 favor for a win and 5000 for a loss to make up for the drastic cut we take not playing the shorter and more awesome map.
    If you're just doing it for the favor, you should rethink doing PvP. All I see in your Post is complaining, about not getting enough bonus favor fast enough.

The bonus favor is NOT there, so that you can easily gain your ranks. If you don't want to spend time PvPing than by all means, don't do it.

Most of us did the geargrind you complain about without the welfare valor and without any sort of bonus weekends. Amazing huh?
    Last edited by Tulia; 09-19-2011 at 05:26 AM.

So over the course of the weekend I figure I got about 100,000 less favor/prestige then I would have gotten had it been Escalation Whitefall.

Since this game is all about the gear grind, thats a huge chunk of lost favor/prestige.
    Ahhh Now I see your problem. You are looking at the warfronts as some sort of mini-game to your persistent watching of your prestige bar slowly increment.

How about reversing that philosophy, and enjoy the warfronts for what they are; hair raising, epic battles against the opposite factions, and not some side show to the quest for purple pixels.

I promise you, stop looking at the bar, and enjoy the battles. It will never feel much like a grind from then on out. And it will also save you time since you will not be wasting it on silly QQ threads about how you calculated that you hypothetically lost out on 100k of prestige.
    Last edited by Leoknife; 09-19-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulia View Post
    If you're just doing it for the favor, you should rethink doing PvP. All I see in your Post is complaining, about not getting enough bonus favor fast enough.

The bonus favor is NOT there, so that you can easily gain your ranks. If you don't want to spend time PvPing than by all means, don't do it.
    /Aggro
    Then by what you are saying you enjoy PvPing for PvP sake and that you love it most PvPing in Rank 1/2 gear.I'm sure right now as you write this post your character is equipped with Rank 1 and 2 PvP gear right? You wouldn't be talking out of the side of your mouth would you? If so, I'm R5 now and I'm glad people like you are there to feed my Bloodthirsty proc.

/Real
    I don't like getting 1 shot by Riftblade warriors so I want to grind out better gear so that I am more compettiive. I have noticed a parallel that the higher rank gear I have the more I survive and the more I like doing PvP. Most favor/prestige = more gear = more fun.

General of Telara

And when you are sat in a que waiting for ther next whitefall,Bg etc you arent getting any prestige. So tbh i would rather be running around doing something and see those lovely blue numbers pop up telling me i am getting favour and pretige.

If you could get into wfs so easy, i wouldnt mind, but server dependant you can be sat in a que for any escalation for 10 mins+, well do that 3x an hour, i know where i would rather be.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tulia View Post

Most of us did the geargrind you complain about without the welfare valor and without any sort of bonus weekends. Amazing huh?
    Amen.... good ol days where it took actually some effort and determination to get to P6 are long gone now... one of the MAIN grudges i have against TRION in this game... funny part, i remembred a friend and an excellent PvP'r, when i asked him on why did he shelve his r6 warrior? and his response was, what is the point i'm already highest rank and got all the gear... i was like wow... Isn't the whole point of playing a game is ENJOYMENT? let alone pvp? now that you got max gear, shouldn't you actually be playing more?

WoW generation and their whole grind mentality i suppose....
    The Guardians - UO RIP 2000
    Lagged Again - Lancelot- DAOC RIP 2003
    ----------------------------
    Pioneers of Competitive PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgarr View Post
    And when you are sat in a que waiting for ther next whitefall,Bg etc you arent getting any prestige. So tbh i would rather be running around doing something and see those lovely blue numbers pop up telling me i am getting favour and pretige.

If you could get into wfs so easy, i wouldnt mind, but server dependant you can be sat in a que for any escalation for 10 mins+, well do that 3x an hour, i know where i would rather be.
    On my server (Sunrest) the Defiants outnumber the guardians by alot, when I hit the que button for whitefall escalation it almost immediately pops. Port Scion is about 1 minute. Sometimes I try doing my PvP dailies while queing warfronts, usually the PvP immunity timer from poping out of a warfront doesn't even go away before I'm in the next warfront, I usually get to kill like 1 or 2 quest mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3amroos View Post
    Amen.... good ol days where it took actually some effort and determination to get to P6 are long gone now... one of the MAIN grudges i have against TRION in this game... funny part, i remembred a friend and an excellent PvP'r, when i asked him on why did he shelve his r6 warrior? and his response was, what is the point i'm already highest rank and got all the gear... i was like wow... Isn't the whole point of playing a game is ENJOYMENT? let alone pvp? now that you got max gear, shouldn't you actually be playing more?

WoW generation and their whole grind mentality i suppose
    I played Shadowbane where your gear didn't matter, got my best gear and played it every day for 2 years. I don't mind the gear grind and once I get there I love to just keep PvPing. Of course there was cities to burn in that game, so probably not much to do in this game, but I'm sure they will keep releasing new stuff.
    Last edited by Jorath; 09-19-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Now imagine you occasionally get rolled by the bad guys in PS, and for 45 minutes you have about 2000 prestige...

that significantly hurts your prestige/valor per hour.

To me, I found I was dreading it - partly because of the time investment. In garden or whitefall, even codex, I know that if I end up on the wrong end of a blowout, it'll be over in about 5 minutes (10 for codex) and I can try my luck with the queue again. In PS, I know I'm in for either 45 minutes of pain with almost nothing to show for it, or quit the warfront, cut my losses, and 15 minutes of deserter buff with absolutely nothing to show for it. Not good choices...

Ascendant

Wow, PvP used to actually be fun when there were large scale, longer fights going on. Now its all about how quick you can get collect your loot and get in the queue for the next ride it seems. I guess it's like hoko says, "PvP is just a stepping stone to rank 8" or something like that.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Ascendant

Jorath the bonus for the weekend also counts for every single kill. My experience was that we were getting about 4-5x the kills in PS than in WF. I had a game with nearly 600 kills. Also I am a defiant on Asphodel., we weren't lucky enough to have 1 minute queues. This weekend we were waiting 10-15 minutes. It isn't about how fast you rank up. They want you to enjoy their game and running WF every weekend is not enjoyable.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Wow, PvP used to actually be fun when there were large scale, longer fights going on. Now its all about how quick you can get collect your loot and get in the queue for the next ride it seems. I guess it's like hoko says, "PvP is just a stepping stone to rank 8" or something like that.
    Not really, just gear disparity. I honestly feel bad for people sometimes in world PvP. I will be out doing my dailies and see a defiant warrior with like 5k health and he will chage me and start swinging and I will yawn and drop a few heals on myself and say "Done yet?" and then proceed to put some dots on him and turn to continue fighting my quest mob while he slowly dies a horrible death while not moving my health. And the same hold true between me and P8. Gear disparity destroys PvP.

Ascendant

I enjoyed it. You know, I actually got to engage in PvP there. Rare, but it really happened.

Although I did get frustrated with my team. To be fair, the Defiants were equally stupid and PS ended up being ONLY about the bridge. Lost a bunch, won a few. Would have been nice if some of my team had been trainable, but the guy in crafted PvE and blues (with green trinket), knew better - TA DA BRIGE! I have given up on getting groups with a clue, but the PvP was fun.
    Last edited by astrocanis; 09-19-2011 at 06:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast