+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Battlegroup

Default PvP Battlegroup

Dear Trion,

Please put all of your PvP servers together into their own battlegroup so that ONLY PvP folks run with PvP folks and the rest of your paying customers do not have to have contact with them. I believe that this would be best for all of your paying subscribers, especially your PvP pay-to-players as they would ONLY be grouped with like minded souls who find PvP attractive and interesting. I would also add a "leaderboard" for said PvP battlegroup so that your PvP subscribers would then be able to better track their "progress" and more easily compete with their PvP brethren.

And should any PvE folks like to "match up" with true PvPers they can either create their own PvP toon or transfer so that they can play with the "big boys."

Thank you.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

The difference between a PvP Shard and a PvE Shard is commonly described as the non-consensual gank. As in, if you are not in the starter area - you can be ganked. The PvP Flag is not optional.

Strictly speaking though, this is not true. By rolling on the PvP Shard, you consented to the potential ganking.

So in the end, there is no difference between a PvE and a PvP Shard. All PvP is consensual... whether it is because you rolled on a PvP Shard or you chose to flag yourself on a PvE Shard.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    The difference between a PvP Shard and a PvE Shard is commonly described as the non-consensual gank. As in, if you are not in the starter area - you can be ganked. The PvP Flag is not optional.

Strictly speaking though, this is not true. By rolling on the PvP Shard, you consented to the potential ganking.

So in the end, there is no difference between a PvE and a PvP Shard. All PvP is consensual... whether it is because you rolled on a PvP Shard or you chose to flag yourself on a PvE Shard.
    This is all well and good but what I'm looking for is all the folks that live for PvP (which would be the ones "rolling" on the PvP shards) be grouped together into their own battlegroup where they ONLY get to play with fellow PvPers and never get to play with PvEers.

The difference is clear: there are two kinds of PvP players - those that occasionally want to taste it and those that live to crush their fellow players. And I think it would benefit the entire PvP "community" (rofl - did you see that? I made a joke!) if all PvPers were penned up together and only allowed to play with each other.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Shadowlander

No chance of this happening. Look at Deepstrike - most populated shard (and PVP), and very heavily Defiant PVE centric.

Quote Originally Posted by Korzu View Post
    No chance of this happening. Look at Deepstrike - most populated shard (and PVP), and very heavily Defiant PVE centric.
    No worries. If paying subscribers want to attempt pure PvE on PvP shards,...okay. But those are still PvP shards with all the PvP "goodness" that that entails. And I imagine that attempting PvE on a PvP shard is more of a challenge than attempting PvP on a PvE shard which is something that I think appeals more to the PvP interested player than the PvE interested player.

Segregate the shards/ battlegroups. PvP in their sandbox - PvE in their sandbox. And never the twain shall meet.

Someone got farmed on a WF right?
    If ppl want to only PvE, stay on PvE servers and never PvP.What is the difference betweem PvP/PvE shard players?

Even if there is and lets say PvP shards have more skilled players and PvE less skilled, you think PvP shard only battlegroups will be stronger than PvE only battlegroups?
    And then some PvP guild transfers to a PvE shard so they rule all the battlegroup...

Don't know if you can follow me.(Cos I lost me at some point...)

Rift Disciple

This thread has popcorn potential if we can get it in front of the right audience (bump)

+ Reply to Thread