+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Clerics in PvP need a huge Nerf really.

Telaran

Default Clerics in PvP need a huge Nerf really.

Its almost impossible for a single player to kill a Healer in PvP. I saw Clerics outhealing up to 4-5 players damage. While killing them at the same time with DoTs and AOEs. Thats a joke for all other classes.

They laugh and jump around while their Hit Point are dropping down then suddenly are back to 100%

Is that fun for 5 players that try to kill one single Cleric ? No its not..

Is it fun to see that 2 clerics healing each other are almost impossible to kill for a group of players ?

As Rogue i dont even have to try to attack a cleric because the damage i do is a funny joke to them. They just outheal it in 1-2 seconds.

Its ok that it needs 2-3 players to kill a skilled Warrior but its not ok if it takes up to 5 players to kill a Cleric.

Either increase my damage or improve my utility against Clerics or tune them down ASAP.

No fun for me as Rogue to let every cleric pass because i know i cant kill him and even die at the end.

If SPLIP AWAY had no Cooldown it might be worth a try but currently i prefer to attack honestly >> no other class that other Rogues.... and thats just sad

Quote Originally Posted by AndyPorter View Post
    Its almost impossible for a single player to kill a Healer in PvP. I saw Clerics outhealing up to 4-5 players damage. While killing them at the same time with DoTs and AOEs. Thats a joke for all other classes.

They laugh and jump around while their Hit Point are dropping down then suddenly are back to 100%

Is it fun to see that 2 clerics healing each other are almost impossible to kill for a group of players ?

As Rogue i dont even have to try to attack a cleric because the damage i do is a funny joke to them. They just outheal it in 1-2 seconds.

Its ok that it needs 2-3 players to kill a skilled Warrior but its not ok if it takes up to 5 players to kill a Cleric.

Either increase my damage or improve my utility against Clerics or tune them down ASAP.

No fun for me as Rogue to let every cleric pass because i know i cant kill him and even die at the end.

If SPLIP AWAY had no Cooldown it might be worth a try but currently i prefer to attack honestly >> no other class that other Rogues.... and thats just sad
    This is RIFT! Got it?

1. Its almost impossible for a single player to kill a Healer in PvP. I saw Clerics outhealing up to 4-5 players damage. While killing them at the same time with DoTs and AOEs. Thats a joke for all other classes.

2. Is that fun for 5 players that try to kill one single Cleric ? No its not..

3. Is it fun to see that 2 clerics healing each other are almost impossible to kill for a group of players ?

4. As Rogue i dont even have to try to attack a cleric because the damage i do is a funny joke to them. They just outheal it in 1-2 seconds.

5. Its ok that it needs 2-3 players to kill a skilled Warrior but its not ok if it takes up to 5 players to kill a Cleric.

6. Either increase my damage or improve my utility against Clerics or tune them down ASAP.

7. No fun for me as Rogue to let every cleric pass because i know i cant kill him and even die at the end.

8. If SPLIP AWAY had no Cooldown it might be worth a try but currently i prefer to attack honestly >> no other class that other Rogues.... and thats just sad
    1. It's good that a single player can't kill a healer, especially since most people put big numbers over their heads within two minutes of a warfront starting.

2. Clerics actually laughed at me when I was R1-R3 saying "you can't kill me" and "boring" - they stopped laughing when I got to R4 and now at R6 they run from me or stand there and focus 100% of their attention on keeping themselves up. Rank up, find people your own rank or close to dying while you rank up - it's pretty much what we all had to do.

3. Two clerics healing each other means they're not healing other people - go after someone else somewhere else. If you're trying to 1v2 two clerics, well, don't do that, it's a bad idea.

4. See #2

5. See #2

6. See 1.5 patch notes

7. See 1, 2 and 6

8. You're a rogue - you're not supposed to attack honestly.
    Last edited by Rakkasa; 09-19-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasa View Post
    1. It's good that a single player can't kill a healer, especially since most people put big numbers over their heads within two minutes of a warfront starting.

2. Clerics actually laughed at me when I was R1-R3 saying "you can't kill me" and "boring" - they stopped laughing when I got to R4 and now at R6 they run from me or stand there and focus 100% of their attention on keeping themselves up. Rank up, find people your own rank or close to dying while you rank up - it's pretty much what we all had to do.

3. Two clerics healing each other means they're not healing other people - go after someone else somewhere else. If you're trying to 1v2 two clerics, well, don't do that, it's a bad idea.

4. See #2

5. See #2

6. See 1.5 patch notes

7. See 1, 2 and 6

Patch 1.5 or not, Clerics are to strong with their ability to outheal 4-5 players, thats not balance thats a joke for all other classes.

Patch 1.5 isnt a miracle for Rogues, its just a little buff that brings some Rogue Souls up to the level of other classes.

Patch 1.5 will make Rogues better for PvE and PvP but not good enough.

Clerics and Chlorolocks need a huge slap with the NERF bat to bring them down to the level of the normal classes.

Only Warriors should survive longer than others and not some Chain wearing Clerics or Robe casters.

I am R3 currently not much changed even with better gear....
    Last edited by AndyPorter; 09-19-2011 at 12:17 AM.

1 cleric healing is not op.

4 clerics aoe healing changes the combat dynamics greatly. It may seen you're hitting one cleric and he is healing himself for all the but in reality it's the cross healing over the aoe.

This is like the warrior myth. The warrior is in your face killing you but being helped by the 5 aoe rdps. You think the warrior front loaded all that damage because that's all you see.

Port Scion showed us this weekend that clerics and mages are kings of AOE and dominate port scion. Rogues were pretty much useless and warriors were so so in this environment.

I hope Trion takes this into account during 1.5

Also with the rogue changes in 1.5 (like the addition of vampiric munitions), rogues probably should not complain as they are being helped.
    Last edited by Vaine; 09-19-2011 at 12:52 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

1. Patch 1.5 or not, Clerics are to strong with their ability to outheal 4-5 players, thats not balance thats a joke for all other classes.

2. Patch 1.5 isnt a miracle for Rogues, its just a little buff that brings some Rogue Souls up to the level of other classes.

3. Patch 1.5 will make Rogues better for PvE and PvP but not good enough.

4. Clerics and Chlorolocks need a huge slap with the NERF bat to bring them down to the level of the normal classes.

5. Only Warriors should survive longer than others and not some Chain wearing Clerics or Robe casters.

6 I am R3 currently not much changed even with better gear....

1. No cleric can outheal 4-5 players within their rank range. Can a R8 outheal 4-5 R1-R3, yes, and if they couldn't there would be virtually no healing in warfronts because of all the focus fire healers get. I run with a R6 healer all the time and it's a pain to keep her up, especially when you know she has a giant white 1 over her head.

2. Rogues kill me all the time and I regularly see the higher ranked rogues on top of the boards for KBs and damage. Good rogues now are saying that 1.5 is going to make them OP. Just going on what I've read, I accept that I may be wrong.

3. What is "good enough" - you want to be able to 1v1 anyone and always win? I get frustrated with the people that think they should be so uber they never die and be able to kill anyone regardless of skill, build or gear and if they can't then someone needs nerfed.

4. I have never been in any game or any game community that had so many people so consistently trying to get other classes nerfed. I'm cool with rogues getting buffed, but the last thing I want is cleric healing in PvP to get nerfed AGAIN, because a R3 rogue thinks he should be able to stunlock and three shot a R8 cleric in a healing build.

5. They have magic spells that protect them and heal them. This is a fantasy game, they're not some guy on the street wearing a robe or some 15th century monk wearing chainmail, they're very powerful max level magic users that have selected souls and abilities specifically intended to survive while they kill other players or survive while they heal other players.

6. I was on my fifth build by the time I hit R3 and had spent at least 40 hours dueling with a friend to practice specific skills and combos and beating on dummies to tweak my burst. That's in addition to the other 40 hours I spent reading the forums. Then I spent game after game practicing with the knowledge that I was going to get slaughtered while I practiced. You're not going to be a PvP god at R3, but you can work on your build and develop tactics that work and allow you to contribute. You could also be a bard and contribute that way - bards are awesome and always appreciated by any group. It seems like people don't want to practice, they just expect to be instantly good with a fotm google build and if they're not someone needs nerfed.

Anyway, some of what I said was general and if it doesn't apply to you specifically, don't take it personally.

Clerics and Mages don't need nerfed. I kill them all the time and see them die all the time - they're fine as they are now.
    Last edited by Rakkasa; 09-19-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Rift Disciple

Once again another pointless and useless post.... Pointless and Useless because you cannot DEMAND a nerf bat for any soul unless of course you provide some serious points....

what level are you in pvp
    what level gear do you have in pvp
    what soul combo are you using in pvp
    what consumables are you using (if any in pvp) as they can make a clear difference...

then for the OP cleric.

his level
    his gear
    his soul combo

Usually such posts are made by rogues who do not have the required level in pvp and the relevant gear, have not tried different combos and do not use consumables....

Unkillable players in pvp............

Well hundrerds of rogues that stun you from behind while in hide, throw anathema on you (-50% healing effectiveness) and in 4 sec they can punch something like 6k+ dmg

Hundreds of rogues with the really awesome spec that mitigates 30% damage, has a 3 sec invulnerability or another 10 sec invulnerability plus the 30% damage reduction from pvp gear..... Have a bard in your group with resist song on, have planar protection on and a spell that normally hits for 2.4k critical on you, normally hits for less than 400 on him... He devours you in seconds again

As a healing cleric with a pure heal spec for mass heals in pvp i can withstand some lower levels in pvp and get away, yes.... but lower levels... I have rogues that completely destroy me within 4-6 sec (i run about at 6.8k life) and warriors that jump from outerspace onto ledges they are not supposed to, stun and bye bye in seconds....

There are shamans that go about doing what rogues do, but they are not unkillable...
    There are tanks with BM spec that no spell lands on....
    There are warping rogues you cannot cc that run faster than light and have imba invuls....

There are occasions in pvp groups where 3 or more senti/wardens simply outheal anyhting
    There are occasions where 4 good spec and geared warriors/rogues simply devastate a whole raid

So please when you try to post your opinion on class imbalances at least have the decency to provide information on the above things...

And if you think that Trion's decision to provide the same valour for all pvp levels did make the difference then you are simply wrong...... It just helped..... never did not even mediate the problem

Shadowlander

4. See #2

5. See #2

6. See 1.5 patch notes

7. See 1, 2 and 6

if you can solo a healing cleric, that cleric is terribad or you're R6+ and the cleric is R0. mage is the only class that can solo a healing cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadwhisper View Post
    if you can solo a healing cleric, that cleric is terribad or you're R6+ and the cleric is R0. dominator. marksmen and void knights are the only souls that can solo a healing cleric.
    fixed that for you. also by healing cleric, we're assuming they are well played.
    Last edited by Vaine; 09-19-2011 at 01:47 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Deadwhisper View Post
    if you can solo a healing cleric, that cleric is terribad or you're R6+ and the cleric is R0. mage is the only class that can solo a healing cleric.
    correction: dominator specced mage can kill a healing cleric, as can a VK-spec warrior, as can a marksman rogue.
    Last edited by Ashenne; 09-19-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Still depends on the Rank difference between the two toons, the specific build of the Cleric and the Rogue, Mage, or Warrior, etc, etc.

Some of those pesky Wardens with their CoTs and silences are annoying, lol...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Soulwalker

Ye right, im sure the AOE damage dealing and AOE healing go together in the same builds, maybe find the real healer when you see the cleric AOEing your group?

Try useing more than 3 buttons?

5 players cant kill 1 cleric? ok... open inv, select weapon, place in hand, use.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...not-1-5-a.html like and share this view "Not really, a cleric healer is a liability and a waste of space nowadays. Gotta have bards and chloro/locks, because you can't heal when dead."

Get beter gear, respec to something viable or reroll warrior or mage.

5 v 1 cleric and cleric doesnt die is Bull ****

Healing has been nerfed in patch past and next patch you will be happy.

If you like a honest fight why the hell roll rogue in the first place? roll warrior and join the rolfstomp.

Rift Disciple

Thanks for that, cause that's actually what's wrong with pvp right now.
    First you are cannon fodder but once you rank up enough, you can return the favor.
    No skill, just gear. If that's not fun, I don't know what is.

Clerics "out going" instant healing was nerfed by 50%. Your using the wrong tactics.

DPS clerics burn mana fast - I have one..

Healing Clerics are LAST to kill - Everyone wants to waste their time killing Clerics first, but only to be killed by their team mates through AOE and etc. Kill the rest, let him/her burn their mana trying to keep up their teammates with their 50% less instant heals. When your done with them, the cleric is whom is out of mana. Kill them next.

Before you complain about trying to kill a cleric.. Healing clerics in WF is not easy and its not as survivable as your think. That cleric you cant kill is actually a real good player.

Six

The reason why you can't kill a cleric is because maybe you are targeting a high prestige cleric who is well geared.

It is impossible to kill anyone who is P8 and geared if you are not. Stop blaming the class but blame the Prestige Level, gear, and your tactics.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast