+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So Escalation Scion is a fail..

Rift Disciple

Default So Escalation Scion is a fail..

Atleast on my cluster all weekend has been 7-12 min Qs. The. When u finally get in the match half the team argues about what to do. Half will go defend our boss. Othe half goes for there's. So immediately were behind because the guards always go as a Zerg towards ours so we either wipe them or lose. Usually takes bickering to get enough to wipe.

Last 2 weekends of codex and whitewall were insta pops. What is wrong this weekend? No one likes Scion? Uneven sides Queueing? Idk I have just shut the game off 2 days in a row. Maybe people are annoyed with All the things about Scion.

I'm on the seastone cluster btw.

Bring some 51 Dominator Friends.

Have them Cycle Mass Betrayal and Traitorous Influence

???

Profit

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Loving it. Almost insta pops Guardian side. Big fight at dragon, winning side takes bridge. Rest of match is the classic shard running, bridge zerging. Mass favor for all. 2500-5000 favor per game, win or lose. Once in a while someone suggests a boss zerg for the opener, which almost always fails. Then we go back to actual pvp.

Codex is probably the most fun I have throughout the week and especially on bonus weekends, and I feel it is the most balanced and makes good use of strategic play.

Whitefall is just an aoe zerg in middle(on escalation), and if u lose the fight your whole team goes afk rest of match. As a rogue, anything with a Zerg I tend to avoid.

Black garden is same as whitefall, aoe heals aoe dps in middle, once it's lost your team quits or has a hard time coming back.

Scion is what you said, your team argues on what to do and you have 13min ques just so your idiot team rushes boss and ends the map in 5 mins and gets a lousy 900 favor. Scion CAN be a fun map if enough know how to play it. Ive had some incredibly good matchups on that map, but this weekend bonus was a hard one to pull through a lot of times. Mainly cause of long ques and frustrating team mates.

same server as the OP.
    those defiants suggesting idols for starters are handing wins to guardians.
    if you go for the idols, especialy if you go for both, its GG as the guardians just kill one then the boss

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

There is no escalation Scion only bonus favor Scion.

Hopefully when an escalation Scion is implemented it would be a nice 20v20 or even an epic 40v40!

From your argument though Scion isn't to blame it is the players that you are playing with.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Rift Disciple

Oh I agree. I'm betting I've had bad luck as far as teams. Guards have definetly been more organized. I've only played 4-5 hours so I can't speakfor all weekend. Usually I play much more.

Sounds like the Q is on defiant side. Of course. Too many people queuing I'm sure. That's mainly what killed this weekend for me were te extra long queues. This imbalance needs to be addressed. It's starting to get real old. Moved from a different cluster for better queues and it doesn't seem to help.

It could be a faction thing. I'm getting about 2 minute pops Guardian side on Wolfsbane & 7-8 minute pops for Defiant on Wolfsbane. Defiant have the stronger pvpers but Guardians can win quick if not enough ppl defend.
    Last edited by Morituri; 09-18-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Instant pops for Guardians on Feeholme shard cluster. You want faster queue times? Roll Guardian.

As Defiant I had 1-3 mins queue.
    And game was too fast.So I loved the favor/hour ration.
    In 30 mins I did 3-4 matches.

Telaran

Agreed total fail. On bloodiron. Id say about 70% of the games were a lame pve rush to boss. Bad game design exploited by pvers

Quote Originally Posted by Darkman118 View Post
    Atleast on my cluster all weekend has been 7-12 min Qs. The. When u finally get in the match half the team argues about what to do. Half will go defend our boss. Othe half goes for there's. So immediately were behind because the guards always go as a Zerg towards ours so we either wipe them or lose. Usually takes bickering to get enough to wipe.

Last 2 weekends of codex and whitewall were insta pops. What is wrong this weekend? No one likes Scion? Uneven sides Queueing? Idk I have just shut the game off 2 days in a row. Maybe people are annoyed with All the things about Scion.

I'm on the seastone cluster btw.

LOL, you must be on the defiant side...didn't you know that everyone on seastone defiant knows the best way to win? It's why they tell each other what to do, and disregard what the other guys says. It's called a paradox, in a sense anyways.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    There is no escalation Scion only bonus favor Scion.

Hopefully when an escalation Scion is implemented it would be a nice 20v20 or even an epic 40v40!

From your argument though Scion isn't to blame it is the players that you are playing with.
    Team Deathmatch...Best of 20.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

Rift Disciple

Default It'S fail but not because of design but rather by faction imbalance

It looks like this on Rhazade

Tried it tripple times at saturday and half of sunday... Dont count how much times defiants lost to guardians at saturday (atleast 12 games and 7 in row) from 16.

Sunday it was better ( if I'd hear and trust what other players say). I mention only in 12 games 8 looses. Most of them miserable. How it stays. Guardians have much better quipment. I don't want get into why it is like this - it is simple a fact. So if you (Trion) will see someone on defiants side in month or two (you know --- 30min wait time on warfront becasue everyone and his dog rolled on guardins side)- you have to implement server dependent bonus. Where it needed. Like potions for more rep/honor. Sended on daily/weekly basis if needed.

Second tought : this game promouted and rewarded group play way to much. And defiants are by storyline more meaned and soloed ( people who play them tend to solo more then guardians). I think its a problem if 50%+ of faction population already grouped/raided and on other side 50%+ is solo/small group. I', plaing at evenings. usually from 20:00 CET upto 02:00 CET. At this times defiants hardly win any pvp rift / pvp quest. Even if its only one after pop overgeared guardians raid and facerolled all definats. Keep in mind most of them R7-R6 too.

It feels not right ( surely not for guardians lol)

Ascendant

I am on Asphodel and was having 7-15 minute queue times this weekend. I think it was an overall success though. I would imagine the guardians were getting faster games, but I had many games that lasted 20-30 minutes. I only lost 2 or 3 this weekend. There were several games where I got almost 10k favor without a potion.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast