+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Drastix
  • 1 Post By darknsss
  • 1 Post By Vyxagallanxchi
  • 2 Post By Sinndel

Thread: Trion! Fix your unbalanced game!

Shadowlander

Default Trion! Fix your unbalanced game!

Straight up....

Trion, fix your unbalanced game.

Mainly pvp....it's almost not even fun anymore.

Rank 8 people just run around in "premade" groups ganking people. I'm rank 6, so my gear doesn't completely suck, but when melee is hitting me for 1-2k consistently, it just becomes unenjoyable.

Yes, I do play a rogue, and apparently we're going to get "buffed", but getting a buff, will just mean another class will just become way overpowered, until the balance gets shifted again.

You guys really need to figure something out. I feel bad for rank 1-4 who have to face rank 7-8 people with ridiculously high damage weapons, without being able to do anything if they
    a: haven't been raiding hammerknell (which is 90% of the populations
    or
    b: haven't spent ridiculous amounts of time getting to rank 8

Yes, Higher ranking people should have rewards for spending so much time grinding, but just being able to slaughter people, without any sort of challenge.....it's dumb.

I understand this has all been said before, and you guys are working on basically "switching the balance of power" to another class. Something needs to be fixed.

Options? Not sure if they'll work, but....
    Maybe allow only certain "amounts" of certain "ranks" into matches at a single time.
    Give people access to weapons that can be somewhat compared to pvp weapons, without doing the hardest raid instance in the game. (Make decent weapons available through rigorous quests, or notoriety)
    Make warfronts a choice to be segregated. (give different prestige/favor rewards for different ranks)
    *Higher ranked people given lower prestige/favor for killing lower ranked people, and vice versa....Allow
    lower ranked people to get more prestige/favor for jumping into higher ranked matches.

~Drastix@Deepwood
    Rank 7-8 fanboi's that don't like a challenge...flame away. I don't care. I'm just putting my opinion out there. If you don't like it, tough.

Rift Master

You cant fix this mess unless you remove the ridiculous gear disparity between entry lv 50 and hk/r8 gear. But will that even help? You are still left with a game that has no balance and quirky game play.

Rift Master

I haven't PvP'd yet but may eventually, but I think they need to add one more level R9. Then, have three separate brackets level R1+R2+R3; R4+R5+R6; and R7+R8+R9. Or, leave it at 8, and split it into 4 brackets of 2 levels each. That would draw me to PvP, and probably other players, too. I'm sure quite a few of us are looking at the high levels killing the lower levels and are not PvP'ing for that reason.

I don't care how long it takes, but there has to be a little equality.

Rift Chaser

It is impossible to balance PVP in a mmo when the hell you young players will understand that?? GO play a FPS for balance its very simple geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    I haven't PvP'd yet but may eventually, but I think they need to add one more level R9. Then, have three separate brackets level R1+R2+R3; R4+R5+R6; and R7+R8+R9. Or, leave it at 8, and split it into 4 brackets of 2 levels each. That would draw me to PvP, and probably other players, too. I'm sure quite a few of us are looking at the high levels killing the lower levels and are not PvP'ing for that reason.

I don't care how long it takes, but there has to be a little equality.
    I swear to you that if they add another rank I will club a baby seal. NO MOAR PVP GRIND PLEASE!!
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    I swear to you that if they add another rank I will club a baby seal. NO MOAR PVP GRIND PLEASE!!
    Once T3 raids come out, I'm sure we'll have ranks 9 and 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Quote Originally Posted by darknsss View Post
    It is impossible to balance PVP in a mmo when the hell you young players will understand that?? GO play a FPS for balance its very simple geez.
    I liked your post, just so that I could unlike it, that's how bad it was.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

there is a nice write up on how PvP in rift fails at MMO Examiner http://www.examiner.com/mmo-in-natio...th-rift-part-1
    Guns Don't Kill LAG kill's - "Attack life—it's going to kill you anyway."

Gaming is always more fun when doing it @ 5.3ghz

PvP is for people who can't raid.

Everyone knows this.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Drastix View Post
    Straight up....

Trion, fix your unbalanced game.

Mainly pvp....it's almost not even fun anymore.

Rank 8 people just run around in "premade" groups ganking people. I'm rank 6, so my gear doesn't completely suck, but when melee is hitting me for 1-2k consistently, it just becomes unenjoyable.

Yes, I do play a rogue, and apparently we're going to get "buffed", but getting a buff, will just mean another class will just become way overpowered, until the balance gets shifted again.

You guys really need to figure something out. I feel bad for rank 1-4 who have to face rank 7-8 people with ridiculously high damage weapons, without being able to do anything if they
    a: haven't been raiding hammerknell (which is 90% of the populations
    or
    b: haven't spent ridiculous amounts of time getting to rank 8

Yes, Higher ranking people should have rewards for spending so much time grinding, but just being able to slaughter people, without any sort of challenge.....it's dumb.

I understand this has all been said before, and you guys are working on basically "switching the balance of power" to another class. Something needs to be fixed.

Options? Not sure if they'll work, but....
    Maybe allow only certain "amounts" of certain "ranks" into matches at a single time.
    Give people access to weapons that can be somewhat compared to pvp weapons, without doing the hardest raid instance in the game. (Make decent weapons available through rigorous quests, or notoriety)
    Make warfronts a choice to be segregated. (give different prestige/favor rewards for different ranks)
    *Higher ranked people given lower prestige/favor for killing lower ranked people, and vice versa....Allow
    lower ranked people to get more prestige/favor for jumping into higher ranked matches.

~Drastix@Deepwood
    Rank 7-8 fanboi's that don't like a challenge...flame away. I don't care. I'm just putting my opinion out there. If you don't like it, tough.
    I agree I am also getting sick of it .... Trion has so much potential and they are being lazy ... 1.5 will be the hay-maker of them ... Because that where the OG rifters will say " This is a wast of my time" and simply quit! I sick of warriors killing me in 3 sec with all rank 4 gear and healers spamming healing and DoT me!

Trion you are farking up!

Hmm I think you are the broken one. as R6 I could still kill R8's pretty easy, I do agree going up against a bunch of R8's usually means we would not win unless we had a stacked team. But its not a PVP balance issue its a team stacking issue. Perhaps if they had some sort of thing that tries to even the ranks out on the teams or something but than that would take all the fun out of guild stacked runs. Ps we run all R8's alot too and I would not want to change that we win alot we loose alot it really depends on who you are playing.

+ Reply to Thread