+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Defiants not playing to win WF's

Telaran

Default Defiants not playing to win WF's

Observed something disturbing this weekend (go ahead, flame me with your goofy gamer talk, I don't care lol) where Defiant had several players with 400k and some with 500k dmg in PS and none of them were making any effort to win the game. Guardians had smaller dmg numbers and won every game by 300-600 points all day & even Saturday & Sunday.

Why are you people getting in line to lose intentionally? Do you hate yourselves? Played soccer at the Y where they didn't keep score? Maybe someone amidst what I expect to be 5 or 6 forum flamers/trolls that are always on these fourms---someone will fess up and tell the truth.

Maybe if we ask Trion they will create a no score shard for you people who like losing or don't care about keeping score???

Thats kinda like how Drew Brees threw for 400+ yards yet the Saints lost to Green Bay. It only happens once, and sure as poop wont happen in the super bowl this year.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Thats kinda like how Drew Brees threw for 400+ yards yet the Saints lost to Green Bay. It only happens once, and sure as poop wont happen in the super bowl this year.
    Except this has happened over 20 PS's this weekend. So it's like it, but not really, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SerStickman View Post
    Except this has happened over 20 PS's this weekend. So it's like it, but not really, lol.
    Did they get lucky during the 4th quarter and kill the boss?
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Telaran

Did they get lucky during the 4th quarter and kill the boss?
    Nope. Someone will say "let's kill boss" and 5 show up to try. Ends the same.

Telaran

I notice this a lot in ps. People seem to get the idea that if they are camping a spawn. They are winning.

For example Ive been in several PS where people are yelling not to cap the Bridge but just farm the people there. Well thats great and all, and I'm sure the 4-5 defiant there hate it. But the rest of them just killed our boss why were were here doing nothing.

Same with the other spawns. If you keep 2-3 people at your spawn lots of time you can keep half the other team there aoeing and trying to kill you. And really if you dont mind dying for your team it is not bad.

I like to imagine the faces of the 5-10 people under the spawn point faces when they loose. But we camped them at the spawn!! How did we loose! they CHEET!

Rift Disciple

I was in a few this weekend but did not mind at all. I will take 'Losing' with 4k prestige while the winning teams has 2.5k prestige any day. Also, I will take losing after our team PVPed and has 100+ kbs vs winning from rushing the boss w/ 2 KBs.
    Mirason - Lvl 50 R8 Dom/Chloro Mage Sunrest

PS is this weekends escalation map. this means bonus favor.
    as such, the match stops being about winning/losing and more about farming as much favor as possible.
    while winning does grant additional favor there are other factors to take into account.

for instance, in our cluster, guardians have near instant pops while defiants have queue times well in excess of ten minutes (thankyou transferees, can you go back to where you came from and take your mess with you. you've ruined yet another shard)
    this means for guardians the most efficient means of favor farming is quick wins PvEing one idol then the boss. no defiants were harmed in the making of this win. get the bonus favor from winning, requeue, rinse and repeat.
    this doesnt suit the defiants, who have been sitting in a queue for longer than such a game would take, even if they pve win they dont get a decent enough return for their time. therefore defiants dont want a fast win. infact if they can drag the match out to the time limit, that suits them just fine. so they arent playing to win. they are playing to farm and to stop the guardians winning. the longer they can delay a guardian win, or even delay a defiant win, the better for them.
    the end match win bonus is nice, but not as nice as 40 minutes of pvp kill farming favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Observed something disturbing this weekend (go ahead, flame me with your goofy gamer talk, I don't care lol) where Defiant had several players with 400k and some with 500k dmg in PS and none of them were making any effort to win the game. Guardians had smaller dmg numbers and won every game by 300-600 points all day & even Saturday & Sunday.

Why are you people getting in line to lose intentionally? Do you hate yourselves? Played soccer at the Y where they didn't keep score? Maybe someone amidst what I expect to be 5 or 6 forum flamers/trolls that are always on these fourms---someone will fess up and tell the truth.

Maybe if we ask Trion they will create a no score shard for you people who like losing or don't care about keeping score???
    Yeah and then you can run stones and be abused for not doing enough dps.

All some people worry about is their place on the parse, probably in their own little minds they are king. I'd rather stick with the game plan.

Considering there seems to be a lot more afk'ers in warfronts on the weekends I'm surprised we topped any parses.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    PS is this weekends escalation map. this means bonus favor.
    as such, the match stops being about winning/losing and more about farming as much favor as possible.
    while winning does grant additional favor there are other factors to take into account.

for instance, in our cluster, guardians have near instant pops while defiants have queue times well in excess of ten minutes (thankyou transferees, can you go back to where you came from and take your mess with you. you've ruined yet another shard)
    this means for guardians the most efficient means of favor farming is quick wins PvEing one idol then the boss. no defiants were harmed in the making of this win. get the bonus favor from winning, requeue, rinse and repeat.
    this doesnt suit the defiants, who have been sitting in a queue for longer than such a game would take, even if they pve win they dont get a decent enough return for their time. therefore defiants dont want a fast win. infact if they can drag the match out to the time limit, that suits them just fine. so they arent playing to win. they are playing to farm and to stop the guardians winning. the longer they can delay a guardian win, or even delay a defiant win, the better for them.
    the end match win bonus is nice, but not as nice as 40 minutes of pvp kill farming favor.
    Logically, I get it. However, being raised in a time where "you play to win" this sucks. Period. I'd rather win and have to play 1000 more games than play to farm and lose 1. Reminds me of the old "let's hurry up and lose so we can get into the next one" BS during WSG weekends...

If I am going to have to wait 10+ minutes for a warfront queue I am going to do some pvp. I dont care about the bad mechanics of the map at all. I do warfronts for the enjoyment of pvp not to have both teams avoid eachother and fight mobs.

Its just a comical concept to me.

I would also like to add that winning actually earns you a small bonus to favor / pretige and that is all. Rift has no real open world pvp content, certainly none that is influenced by warfront wins.

Wykar <GOON SQUAD> R8 Warrior Seastone

Logically, I get it. However, being raised in a time where "you play to win" this sucks. Period. I'd rather win and have to play 1000 more games than play to farm and lose 1. Reminds me of the old "let's hurry up and lose so we can get into the next one" BS during WSG weekends...
    winning is still prefferable. after all, there is a favor bonus for winning.
    the defiant ideal is to maintain a comfortable lead in points without feeling too much pressure to run stones while keeping the defiant boss alive. when the timer gets low or the score gets uncomfortable close then the brake is removed and the push for a win begins.

this is simply the results of skewed population balance. defiants have too long a wait, they dont want to see a match wasted by fast pve wins and have to spend another eternity waiting for the chance to pvp.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Dammit, Green bay won today D:

at least my team won.
    Last edited by Sarathor; 09-18-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wintervoid View Post
    I was in a few this weekend but did not mind at all. I will take 'Losing' with 4k prestige while the winning teams has 2.5k prestige any day. Also, I will take losing after our team PVPed and has 100+ kbs vs winning from rushing the boss w/ 2 KBs.
    This. Best weekend strategy is top cap both guardian idols. Then pick up all 4 shards and hold them at the guardian controlled bridge spawn camping them until they get smart enough to spawn at their home base. Then cap the bridge and farm them as they run up hoping to get the shards from you. 500kb port scions all weekend long.

Quote Originally Posted by f1rstborn View Post
    This. Best weekend strategy is top cap both guardian idols.
    you just lost the match.
    the guardians go along the river at the start, kill the planar flux, then your boss. you're still on the second idol when he dies and its game over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast