+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rogues not playing till 1.5 kicks in.

Default Rogues not playing till 1.5 kicks in.

PvP just isn't fun for Rogues atm . Even with an epic valor belt and full r6 I hit like a wet noodle and take excessive dmg, I'll go play something else till the 1.5 changes roll in.

Flame shield on
    Last edited by Thickness; 09-18-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Elitism P7 Bahmi Rogue. Battle Bard / MM / Tank / Sin

What Rogue soul are you playing? Because Assassin and Marksman hits me really hard ( might be getting Nightblade or dancer confused with assassin, all i know is they come out of stealth and own me hard). Im 80k off R6 with 6400 HP and i play Necro/Warlock and have a dominator off spec.
    Necromancer till the day i die!

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanirenicus View Post
    What Rogue soul are you playing? Because Assassin and Marksman hits me really hard ( might be getting Nightblade or dancer confused with assassin, all i know is they come out of stealth and own me hard). Im 80k off R6 with 6400 HP and i play Necro/Warlock and have a dominator off spec.
    I think you said why you fail so bad against them. It's probably assassin.

1) You aren't rank 6 yet.

2) Your main is necro?

3) You have no pvp soul (no break free)

4) You have no Chloro.

5) Having no chloro and no pvp soul vs a soul that does "good" ONLY in 1vs1 fights is hard to compare. It would be like saying Cabalists are overpowered because they lose against Sins 1vs1.
    Ip

Searching for the point.

Can only locate rogue tears.

I am not a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    I think you said why you fail so bad against them. It's probably assassin.

1) You aren't rank 6 yet.

2) Your main is necro?

3) You have no pvp soul (no break free)

4) You have no Chloro.

5) Having no chloro and no pvp soul vs a soul that does "good" ONLY in 1vs1 fights is hard to compare. It would be like saying Cabalists are overpowered because they lose against Sins 1vs1.
    How am i failing so bad aginst them when im doing everything the soul im playing can possibly do to them? Not everyone wants to play a boring *** spec like Chloro/lock.

Getting real close to R6 and yes my main spec is 34 necro/32 Lock, did you not see my sig? I can sometimes handle Rogues if i have every CD up. My point was they can pump a ton of damag in me, it happens daily.

You do know there is a 3rd Soul slot for my PvP soul just so i can get break free?

This coming from my exp in open world PvP and Warfronts.
    Last edited by Jeanirenicus; 09-18-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Thickness View Post
    PvP just isn't fun for Rogues atm . Even with an epic valor belt and full r6 I hit like a wet noodle and take excessive dmg, I'll go play something else till the 1.5 changes roll in.

Flame shield on
    You're doing it wrong.

There are two roles for Rogues in PvP.

1) Offensive support - Eradicate off the HoT spam
    2) Defensive Support - Bard

I'm not saying Rogues don't need buffs, hell full Necro needs buffs but the OP is just way over dramatic.

Banned

Rogues arent going to be any better when 1.5 hits with the current patch on the PTS.

Flame shield on
    I am actually trying to record a lot of my PvP kills as a rogue now so that I can make a compilation video of them before 1.5 so that I can have atleast some piece of truth when I say rogues were fine before 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Rogues arent going to be any better when 1.5 hits with the current patch on the PTS.
    Are you f*cking kidding me? Assassins are ridiculously OP on the PTS atm. My mage in 0 valor died in about 2 (expected, since I didn't have the pvp gear, only full relic hk gear but still really fast), my cleric in full r6 gear died in just over 3. Consistently. And that should never happen. Not unless you as the attacker have about half the health of everyone else and no defensive tools at all and even then killing someone without them having a chance to react is questionable.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Rift Chaser

I do really well with my rogue, in 4 different specs. The fact that they are buffing them makes me giggle. Heck I'm not even well geared yet.

After playing a mage through 6 ranks, and having a number over my head before I left the starting area, being able to choose your fights is heaven. Rogues are an absolute blast to play in PvP , at least for me.

Telaran

Flame shield on
    Thats complete and utter ********.

Im only rank 6, and I have a 41.7 dps bow, dont even have a full valor belt yet, and I usually am always in the top ten, at least 50% of the time Im in the top 5 for dps between both teams combined.

And usually Im going like 15-2, or 20-7 for killing blows and deaths.

So this really isnt honest or realistic.

I have like 38% reduction cause of my valor, and Im marksman/assassin/inf.

So it is possible to do better. There are times I do get owned but as long as we have a group to fight around those are normal realistic numbers for me.

I try to remember to take screenshots everytime I am in these matches, cause someday I'll put a collage together so I can show its not unrealistic at all.

But then again I only really do wf and pvp in this game. I only pve when Im doing my dailies or if friends ask me to come help dps in a raid which isnt often.

Its not easy if you pve 90% of the time to go into a wf and expect to just dominate or be in the top dps and killing blows, you have to play it a lot to get good at it.
    Last edited by Langelos; 09-18-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    www.empiresunited.com

To all the self proclaimed badarse rogue mains in my thread, try playing against people who are good. Anyone can shred scrubs like paper. It is when you have a healer grinding on near 0 mana dispelling anathema literally instantly and he is able to stay alive for 15 minutes after the fact. Ain't **** you can do about it either, we have no sustained burst at all. wetnoodle spec lul.
    Last edited by Thickness; 09-18-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    Elitism P7 Bahmi Rogue. Battle Bard / MM / Tank / Sin

sustained burst
    pick one

#theproblemwithrogues
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Telaran

To all the self proclaimed badarse rogue mains in my thread, try playing against people who are good. Anyone can shred scrubs like paper. It is when you have a healer grinding on near 0 mana dispelling anathema literally instantly and he is able to stay alive for 15 minutes after the fact. Ain't **** you can do about it either, we have no sustained burst at all. wetnoodle spec lul.
    Everyone would like sustained burst....wait, what

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast