+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Why do YOU play PvP?

Rift Disciple

Default Why do YOU play PvP?

All weekend, all i see is in PS, get to boss, kill boss.
    So guardians and defiants just run past eachother to get to the bosses, a few try to fight the incoming force.
    Then its a dps race.
    All i hear is yeah you get more favor in 10 quick wf then 1 long.
    So most are playing just to get favor? /prestige and then if you are R8 come back to the forums and cry about no content new WF nerf this nerf that.

Why do so few enjoy the PvP aspect, fighting other Players, and dont come and say ooh its a R8 we will loose, R8's go down aswell if focussed.

Try to enjoy the GAME instead of favor race, gear race and whatever race.

PvP isn't broken but most players, at least in the bloodiron battlegroup are.

Flame on.

Soulwalker

Because i'm a BAUCE. xD

Plane Touched

There are people that got their r8 by afk-ing in wfs

/shrug
    Septica 86 Sorc, Nikola 95 DOK, Karak Norn
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/display.php?user=segro

Rift Master

I pvp because I am a masochist.

/thread.

PvP is broken. Heck, the Callings themselves are broken before you even get to PvP broken. Sure, some of the players are broken; but that does not mean neither the Callings nor PvP are not broken as well...

...still though, I find it interesting that you pose a certain question as the topic of your thread - but that you do not really care about the answer to that question, nor do you answer it yourself.

It is more of a whine thread, and I say that mainly because you tell people to flame on... it's rather childish.

As for why do I PvP? That is simple. PnP RPGs were PvP. MMO PvE is a travesty. PvP is the closest one can come to that PnP RPG....
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Plane Touched

Because rogue pvp is fun as hell when you're good at it

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    PvP is broken. Heck, the Callings themselves are broken before you even get to PvP broken. Sure, some of the players are broken; but that does not mean neither the Callings nor PvP are not broken as well...

...still though, I find it interesting that you pose a certain question as the topic of your thread - but that you do not really care about the answer to that question, nor do you answer it yourself.

It is more of a whine thread, and I say that mainly because you tell people to flame on... it's rather childish.

As for why do I PvP? That is simple. PnP RPGs were PvP. MMO PvE is a travesty. PvP is the closest one can come to that PnP RPG....
    Well you are right, and i never thought i made a whine post lol. But this morning i had a weak moment after another PS,
    But im glad some are playing for the fun, makes my day a bit better! :-)
    Last edited by Asangar; 09-18-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asangar View Post
    All weekend, all i see is in PS, get to boss, kill boss.
    So guardians and defiants just run past eachother to get to the bosses, a few try to fight the incoming force.
    Then its a dps race.
    All i hear is yeah you get more favor in 10 quick wf then 1 long.
    Well, you have no choice but to go for objectives in the WF's...for while some may want to focus on kills- the majority of the opposing team will be trying to WIN.

Sure, you can play a defensive stance and counter/block all the attempts they make at going for idols/mini's/shards/boss and rack up kills...but that tactic can quickly fall apart if your team happens to be less coordinated.

It's like saying in Codex, "Let's all just go out in the middle and fight...nobody cap any objective".

There's an intent for all of our WF's- sure, it's not a awesome new concept for PvP maps...but each of them have a particular template of objectives and clash zones based on the groups running the map.

We do need something for just "Battle"...not flag running, PvE points, etc. Some sort of non-zerg focused battleground if that can be done....
    Last edited by TourneAsunder; 09-18-2011 at 06:13 AM.
    ...You know the way
    It twists and turns,
    Changing colour, Spinning yarns
    You know the way, It leaves you dry
    It cuts you up...And takes you high

I really like healing, and the dungeons etc. don't do it for me in this game. So PvP is where I do it, and I love it. PS this weekend has been rather interesting. Had 5 min boss rushes, 40 min epic battles and everything inbetween. It's certainly been more varied than E:WS.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by apotheosis1 View Post
    I pvp because I am a masochist.

/thread.
    hahahahaha that one pretty much sums it up P =)

I PvP to bathe in the blood of my enemies. Is there any other reason to do so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Asangar View Post
    Well you are right, and i never thought i made a whine post lol. But this morning i had a weak moment after another PS,
    But im glad some are playing for the fun, makes my day a bit better! :-)
    Oh, no doubt it depends on the cluster - unless the plague has spread; Scion can actually be the most awesomesauce PvP out there... or it can be that pathetic PvE race.

I remember sitting at the spawn waiting for a Scion to start, and listening to some of the discussions taking place. I asked one of the guys why he had joined the queue for Scion, when it sounds like he was looking to run a dungeon, raid, or put together a group to deal with invasions, etc.

His reply was, "L2Scion"... I kind of laughed.

Moments later, the Guardians intent on doing actual PvP - destroyed the lil' PvE group... they were lost with what to do and wanted to give up, thinking that the Guardians would just zerg the boss. But that was not their plan, lol.

Trion's PvP to an extent is fine (yes, there are things that are broken that the dev's need to fix)... but in the end, it is the players that decide to go through and make it into anything other than what it could be.

It is a different generation... the ADHD kiddies rule the world... idiocracy is around the corner.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

i pvp to pve in rift coz rift is a pve game

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Oh, no doubt it depends on the cluster - unless the plague has spread; Scion can actually be the most awesomesauce PvP out there... or it can be that pathetic PvE race.

I remember sitting at the spawn waiting for a Scion to start, and listening to some of the discussions taking place. I asked one of the guys why he had joined the queue for Scion, when it sounds like he was looking to run a dungeon, raid, or put together a group to deal with invasions, etc.

His reply was, "L2Scion"... I kind of laughed.

Moments later, the Guardians intent on doing actual PvP - destroyed the lil' PvE group... they were lost with what to do and wanted to give up, thinking that the Guardians would just zerg the boss. But that was not their plan, lol.

Trion's PvP to an extent is fine (yes, there are things that are broken that the dev's need to fix)... but in the end, it is the players that decide to go through and make it into anything other than what it could be.

It is a different generation... the ADHD kiddies rule the world... idiocracy is around the corner.
    The minute my team starts a boss rush is the minute I quit participating in achieving victory. I'll just go around in stealth grabbing scion relics since I have no interest in killing a PvE boss. There's a big reason I don't do dungeons or raids at all. I'd rather be farmed for 45 minutes then win by killing some random guardian NPC. And since I always duo queue with my bard friend, he drops out of participating as well. PvE scion sucks. PvP Scion rocks.
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 09-18-2011 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Champion

Scion Notoriety: Decorated (now Honoured after the weekend grind)
    All other PvP factions including World PvP: Revered

75-80% of games I've played are a Boss race
    5% have been pitched back and forth battles with lots of shard running and vital control points changing hands
    The rest have been one faction farming the other while holding shards to prevent the game from finishing. Bonus points for controlling Bridge without capping to make farming even easier.

If it wasn't for the bonus weekend I'd never play Scion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast