+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pvp fixes 1-1

Rift Disciple

Default pvp fixes 1-1

If you want to improve pvp 20 fold then:

-Combat loot window that pops in the same spot on the screen while we are fighting and always resets to that position. This kills me almost as much as rank 7-8 war dmg and uncurable cc. I know it happens to alot of people.

-Smart targeting needs to go. This feature is 10000%. It literaly kills pvp all together. You end up with piles of zerglings who are doing nothing but mashing one button and going from target to target. Its lazy, sad and. You should be picking your target and paying mind to what is going on. This feature is single handedly the largest detriment to pvp atm. It makes it very easy to bot and brings out the worst in players. It MUST go in 1.5. This is the fastest way to improve pvp in this game. People will have to play instead of looking at the tv and mashing one button over and over.

-Reduce war dmg. Balance out all of the souls. You should not be able to have the best dmg, best survival, best mobility and best cc in the game in one build. The current war is a game breaker. This should have never made it out of test. Fire the team leader who let it happen. This is a joke and is probably the largest imbalance I have seen in pvp in 6 years.

-Tone down all gains from pvp gear. From the bottom rank of 1 at level 50 to rank 8 there should be max 25% improvement in char performance. Right now we are seeing builds at rank 8 that are doing 5x the performance they did at rank 1 in the field. A low rank char cant even do dmg to these people. Its literaly a free frag for high rank players atm. I get bored and LOL while I limit myself to one nuke and one heal on my rank 8 cleric. I can walk from spawn to bridge in port and pretty much lol at anyone I see under rank 7 using just 2 abilities and no buffs. It usualy takes over 8 low rankers to kill me. Its a joke. Its not competative. 25% is a good number. This way pve heavy players can still have a chance as well as low ranks to actauly do something instead of having no chance in hell and instantly exploding for over 100 WF games.

People dont join competative pvp games to compete in pve. Right now we are all competing against gear. That sounds like pve to me. You could be the best player on earth and you are still going to loose to gear in this game. I and many others dont Q up to PVE we Q up to compete with other PEOPLE and find out who is better. None of the vet pvp clans are recruiting in rift, most of them already left. Go check out some forums and everyone has the same reasons. Rift breeds the worst kind of lazy player to be found. There is NO competative pvp in this game. Even WOW has competative pvp that takes skill and advanced group play.

Its time to take off the training wheels.

P.S. Your rogue patches on test are. Once again your team leader has failed. We lost alot of clerics and mages between the healing nerfs and the insane war pvp dmg. We are going to loose more because so far all we are getting is more insane game breaking. Fix the war. Make the dev team in charge of pvp actualy play rank 1-4 chars for a week. Then lets see there stats posted on the forums. I want to see how well they do playing instead of /creatwhateverthehelliwant. 1.4 was a terrible patch from a buisiness prospective. 1.5 is looking like yet another poorly thought out move.

Smart targeting imo represents at the core of what makes pvp in this game a joke. The attitude and approach taken to some parts of this game are totaly newb.
    Last edited by Kalevala; 09-18-2011 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Inappropriate Langauge

Rift Disciple

Am I reading this right that you just called the developers "newb"? I think i might understand your problem a little better after that.

In before someone tells you MMOs are inherently about gear and would not make a successful MMO if they were not so you are looking to play an FPS...... Wait I just said it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rednek View Post
    Am I reading this right that you just called the developers "newb"? I think i might understand your problem a little better after that.

In before someone tells you MMOs are inherently about gear and would not make a successful MMO if they were not so you are looking to play an FPS...... Wait I just said it.
    MMOs are inherently about immersion. Gear in games like this are just a ploy to keep subs. If the game is good people play it. If the game is bad then people leave it. Well people are leaving. Competative PVP, notice I said PVP(player vs player) not PVE(player vs envi) is about players competing with one another. Not an item. If you actualy read the post you would see the issue I pointed out and the solution. Right now there is NO competative play because the gap from the bottom to the top is insane and coupled with other hampering features. It doesnt have to be this way. 1.5 has been more proof so far that nobody in the studio knows how to use a spreadsheet. Hell even gear drops are fubar. It would be vastly different if people didnt have to start all over at 50.
    Last edited by SpinelessKC; 09-18-2011 at 01:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread