Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: to all the people that cry about clerics not healing in wf's

Soulwalker

Default to all the people that cry about clerics not healing in wf's

You made your bed QQ'ing about healing in pvp now sleep in it imho

Sometimes I wish I had rolled a cleric, so that I could go DPS and then complain about not having any healers. It would be fun to see how long until somebody figured out that I was a cleric.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by rendx View Post
    You made your bed QQ'ing about healing in pvp now sleep in it imho
    healing wins games, its always like this in every mmo, always will be...

just because they nerfed it doesn't mean its not useful, before it was just 2 much healing 4 the dmg output,..

its just there is alot of bad clerics out there.
    Last edited by Kalevala; 09-18-2011 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Rude Comments
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Ascendant

I've been running Taugrim's M*A*S*H build on my cleric for the last couple of days and it has been great. A lot more fun than sitting in the back having to watch my teammates be inept. I swear most of the Guardian players in the 10-19 and 20-29 brackets in my wargroup spend most of the match watching TV.

Now to be fair, if I were to go into a warfront and get the impression that my guys were towing the line and all we needed was a bit more focused healing to push us over from a close loss to a win, I'd happily change roles. But since it has been made clear to me time and time again that most of the people I find myself grouped with are just really not very good at PvP, I'm going to play the role that I find the most entertaining.

It really is very telling when the cleric hybrid support role (shaman/justicar/warden) ranks in the top three for warfront objectives (fang holders killed, flags captured, flags defended), killing blows, damage done, and healing done. And it's not that the build is OP, because I can't kill anyone quickly, I can't heal for beans without Convictions (and I have no gap closers or CC removers at all with my current build, meaning if I can't get to range I can gain one Conviction every 6 seconds.)

So to those who might condemn me for not running a pure healing build if I do less than half the damage your build is easily capable of but still manage to score more KBs and have higher overall damage done, what makes you think I'm doing our team any favors by keeping your non-contributing arse alive a little longer so you have a bit more time to haul off and do nothing?

I've spent the last couple of days getting farmed in matches with such lopsided final scores as 500-12 in Black Garden. I even had one tonight just before I logged out in disgust where I showed up to a match in progress where the score was 390-ish to 4 for the other team. I managed to get time on one target before the match was over and finished in the top 3 in KBs. Final score: 500-6.

Ya. I'll go full heals for you. When you l2p. Lemme know when you're ready.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Toothsome View Post
    healing wins games, its always like this in every mmo, always will be...

just because they nerfed it doesn't mean its not useful, before it was just 2 much healing 4 the dmg output,..

its just there is alot of bad clerics out there.
    Before the nerf players had to actualy target healers and take care of them. Healing debuffs had to be used smart and not as part of your spam macro. Now as it stands the dmg that is in the game as more and more people hit rank 7-8 is insane. There is literaly NOTHING you as a healer is going to be able to do when a decent rank 7-8 war gets on a target. People get tired of seeing teamates literaly explode over and over and over and over.
    Last edited by Kalevala; 09-18-2011 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Reply to edited thread

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    I've spent the last couple of days getting farmed in matches with such lopsided final scores as 500-12 in Black Garden. I even had one tonight just before I logged out in disgust where I showed up to a match in progress where the score was 390-ish to 4 for the other team. I managed to get time on one target before the match was over and finished in the top 3 in KBs. Final score: 500-6.

Ya. I'll go full heals for you. When you l2p. Lemme know when you're ready.
    Not to criticize ya for not going heals, but how did you get in top 3 killing blows when you lose 500-6 in BG? Looks like the fang killed 3 people while no one on your team killed anybody. Even if you are only counting stats from your own team, technically, everyone was in the top 3 for killing blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    Sometimes I wish I had rolled a cleric, so that I could go DPS and then complain about not having any healers. It would be fun to see how long until somebody figured out that I was a cleric.
    I am totally going to do that the next time I see somebody whining!
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Orichle View Post
    Not to criticize ya for not going heals, but how did you get in top 3 killing blows when you lose 500-6 in BG? Looks like the fang killed 3 people while no one on your team killed anybody. Even if you are only counting stats from your own team, technically, everyone was in the top 3 for killing blows.
    The fang was sitting in the middle of the map and the enemy team was just farming us off our ledge. I don't know if anyone even picked up the fang...I didn't check. I just looked at the score at the end of the match, looked at the scoreboard, sorted by KBs, and mine was the third blue line on the list with 1 KB. I could have probably done more but I made the mistake right at the start of dropping down to try and build some convictions and support my guys off the ledge but I got blown up before I had even selected an appropriate target. Hard to kill folks with Waterjet spam off the ledge, but I managed to get that one KB before the match was over.

I don't resent the change to interacting with warfront objectives so that the channel is interrupted after any hostile action is taken, but with the way people all gun for the middle and drop as much AoE as they can at the start of a match, sometimes the fang just sits there until one team is down half their players. Given the way BG matches have been going for the lower levels since I transferred to that wargroup, it wouldn't surprise me if the Defiant killed off half our team and just decided to farm us for lulz. It took me 2 days to complete one Black Garden daily and I've had the quest for "win 5 matches in Codex" sitting in my log for 3-4 days now with only 2/5 matches towards completion. Tonight was especially bad, but it's getting more and more apparent that with this batch of lowbies working through the brackets, the Defiant are getting pretty confident. 500-6. FML.

Quote Originally Posted by Orichle View Post
    It's Licentia. What he says doesn't have to make sense, you're just supposed to agree with him.

If my trollspeak is as up to snuff as I think, I would guess he got 3rd, merely amongst his own team.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Soulwalker

Merely that means there are too many DPS compaired with healers, and a part of DPS is cleric.
    Many DPS were QQing about healing before 1.4 and as the result healing was nerfed, a part of healers became DPS.
    The more non-cleric player QQing, the lesser healing cleric. Thats a taste of your own medicine.

Rift Disciple

It doesnt matter anymore. The second they expanded the ranks to 8 and broke the WAR healers became a thing of the past. You are still going to loose. It doesnt matter if you have 12 clerics in pure heal mode. People are still going to die and you are still going to get your *** wooped because of:

-One player can do 6x the dmg as any single healer can refresh
    -Uncurable cc
    -Rank 8 chars with near finished gear are puting out 3-5x the performance they did at rank 1-4.

I can call a game within 2 minutes with 100% accuracy. Its simple math now.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Haruri View Post
    Merely that means there are too many DPS compaired with healers, and a part of DPS is cleric.
    Many DPS were QQing about healing before 1.4 and as the result healing was nerfed, a part of healers became DPS.
    The more non-cleric player QQing, the lesser healing cleric. Thats a taste of your own medicine.
    Many bad dps qq-ed before 1.4 because they couldn't figure out why can't they kill that cleric, asking for heals nerf.
    They totally forgot they have healers too (some were moronic enough to laugh at clerics saying they'll all go dps). They QQ about cabbies now
    Septica 86 Sorc, Nikola 95 DOK, Karak Norn
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/display.php?user=segro

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by SpinelessKC View Post
    It doesnt matter anymore. The second they expanded the ranks to 8 and broke the WAR healers became a thing of the past. You are still going to loose. It doesnt matter if you have 12 clerics in pure heal mode. People are still going to die and you are still going to get your *** wooped because of:

-One player can do 6x the dmg as any single healer can refresh
    -Uncurable cc
    -Rank 8 chars with near finished gear are puting out 3-5x the performance they did at rank 1-4.

I can call a game within 2 minutes with 100% accuracy. Its simple math now.

I can call my matches before hand as well....let's see

no heal specs....check
    rank 1&2 mages and clerics dps....check
    pve blue toons as dps....check

We're going to lose badly.....check

I don't care what spec you choose to play or what gear you are in because it's your dime. However, if you actually want to help your team win occasionally, then from time to time running your heal/support spec might accomplish that.

Quote Originally Posted by grnhoward View Post
    I don't care what spec you choose to play or what gear you are in because it's your dime. However, if you actually want to help your team win occasionally, then from time to time running your heal/support spec might accomplish that.
    I do and..

it doesnt

/gameover

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Liandral View Post
    I do and..

it doesnt

/gameover
    A guy in port scion yelled at me (as a healer) because I did not group up with the team because the guaridans had 3 cabs and killed the group 3 times before.

The second I split im instantly a bad healer and he starts yelling if you are low rank dont que for pvp.

Hmmm what?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast