+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Trion, Stillmoor PvP/PvE Dailies are being abandoned by players due to poor design.

Default Trion, Stillmoor PvP/PvE Dailies are being abandoned by players due to poor design.

Due to poor design and implementation, the players on our PvP server have made it very clear that Stillmoor zone is a complete waste of both time and energy. As your stats will show, the majority of players have been either ignoring or abandoning any daily quest associated with the Stillmoor zone. Based upon the feedback the items below would appear highlight just some of the primary concerns of players in regards to the zone and daily quests (PvP & PvE).
    1. - The shear amount of NPC mobs / spawns in the path and area of quests.
    2. - Daily quests in this zone take 3-5 times of the effort and time to complete compared to the same type quests in other zones.
    3. - Unreasonable amount of required kills and/or items to complete each quests.
    4. - Pitiful rewards for players time and effort.
    5. - High Risk area when PvP is combined with mixture of Elite NPC mobs.

The poor design and improper NPC population within this zone become insurmountable when players are requested to execute circadian type questing.

Players are bored and tired of the three random PvP quests. Trion has shown that they have the staff and talent to create new quests as reflected in the PvE daily quests that change about each patch. This would lead us to the only feasible conclusion that Trion is either ignoring or has no interests in the needs of any PvP players. Actions speak louder than words and since Trion like other MMO’s hide behind the forums the odds that this feedback will reach the Dev team is infinitesimal at best.
    Last edited by Rivencsky; 09-17-2011 at 08:54 PM.

I love getting feared into the patrols

I love it when those commanders whip out unstable reaction on my face while a macromonster warrior f1's me to the ground

sadtimes. Although the most enraging thing about stillmoor dailies are those god damn mushrooms. I ****ing hate those mushrooms.
    Freyn likes boys in hotpants.

Rapsodia - p6 Stromcooler. I'm in ur warfrunts, hittin u for faive thousandz

Shadowlander

It's obvious Trion keeps trying to make Stillmoor the "goto" spot for world PvP and it's the worst designed zone for it, not to mention there's no reason for anyone to PvP here given all the crap listed above making it a ***** to fight in.

If there's going to be a "world pvp" zone, lets get an entirely new zone designed with in-zone territorial objectives that are built around making it an interesting place to play in.

I totally agree too, when I see stillmoor quests or pvp, I don't even accept them unless I've got time to kill on my rogue, and even then It takes way too damn long collecting mushrooms and the dogs due to crappy spawn times and locations.

So you have to actually be careful and put somewhat effort into it. Totally change this.

Dear trion,

PvE is interfering with my PvEing for PvP rewards. Also, occasionaly PvP happens and it gets even harder to PvE!

Open world is a totaly inappropriate place for OPvP. Surely you have noticed this, as many players choose instead to PvE for PvE rewards on my PvP server in a PvE game.
    Can we please have PvP rewards moved to a new PvE location set apart from the possibility of PvP. GSB or even RoS would make a suitable location. trash mobs could award a small amount of favor/prestige and bosses a larger amount. This way we could gear up for both PvE and PvP at the same time. twice the fun and reward for half the effort!

Alternatively you could introduce a new instanced PvE dungeon that awards PvP rewards. Raid level of course, wouldnt want those casuals who struggle to get an T1 daily group together to have it too easy. PvP rewards should only be available to those willing to put in the time and effort of following a step by step, connect the dots script with a large enough group of other players to carry them through any individual failings.

Thank you
    Sincerely, Special Snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    Dear trion,

PvE is interfering with my PvEing for PvP rewards. Also, occasionaly PvP happens and it gets even harder to PvE!

Open world is a totaly inappropriate place for OPvP. Surely you have noticed this, as many players choose instead to PvE for PvE rewards on my PvP server in a PvE game.
    Can we please have PvP rewards moved to a new PvE location set apart from the possibility of PvP. GSB or even RoS would make a suitable location. trash mobs could award a small amount of favor/prestige and bosses a larger amount. This way we could gear up for both PvE and PvP at the same time. twice the fun and reward for half the effort!

Alternatively you could introduce a new instanced PvE dungeon that awards PvP rewards. Raid level of course, wouldnt want those casuals who struggle to get an T1 daily group together to have it too easy. PvP rewards should only be available to those willing to put in the time and effort of following a step by step, connect the dots script with a large enough group of other players to carry them through any individual failings.

Thank you
    Sincerely, Special Snowflake.
    Ahh and here comes the trolls. ^^ Adding nothing to the thread except padding their number of posts. Get a life Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivencsky View Post
    Due to poor design and implementation, the players on our PvP server have made it very clear that Stillmoor zone is a complete waste of both time and energy. As your stats will show, the majority of players have been either ignoring or abandoning any daily quest associated with the Stillmoor zone. Based upon the feedback the items below would appear highlight just some of the primary concerns of players in regards to the zone and daily quests (PvP & PvE).
    1. - The shear amount of NPC mobs / spawns in the path and area of quests.
    2. - Daily quests in this zone take 3-5 times of the effort and time to complete compared to the same type quests in other zones.
    3. - Unreasonable amount of required kills and/or items to complete each quests.
    4. - Pitiful rewards for players time and effort.
    5. - High Risk area when PvP is combined with mixture of Elite NPC mobs.

The poor design and improper NPC population within this zone become insurmountable when players are requested to execute circadian type questing.

Players are bored and tired of the three random PvP quests. Trion has shown that they have the staff and talent to create new quests as reflected in the PvE daily quests that change about each patch. This would lead us to the only feasible conclusion that Trion is either ignoring or has no interests in the needs of any PvP players. Actions speak louder than words and since Trion like other MMO’s hide behind the forums the odds that this feedback will reach the Dev team is infinitesimal at best.
    Stillmoor is my least favorite of the three by far.

At the same time, this is Problem #1092081 in regards to Rift's PvP.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Ascendant

[*]- Daily quests in this zone take 3-5 times of the effort and time to complete compared to the same type quests in other zones.
    careful! the last time we made this complaint, they brought the other zones in line of stillmoor instead of reducing the effort/time/headache of stillmoor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AintEvenMadBro View Post
    Although the most enraging thing about stillmoor dailies are those god damn mushrooms. I ****ing hate those mushrooms.
    I feel ya. Seems like those damn things are in popular demand with Scotty's classmates for their frat parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    careful! the last time we made this complaint, they brought the other zones in line of stillmoor instead of reducing the effort/time/headache of stillmoor.
    I agree but if you do the time / effort Vs rewards. (someone can run the numbers) you will see that by currently ignoring these quests and focusing the same time sink into the areas such as War Fronts you will unquestionably obtain drastically more favor. They really cannot lower the favor as it is so low now most of us ignore War Fronts when they do not have bonuses.

Pretty much the PvP section of the game is taking a real nose dive.

Ahh and here comes the trolls. ^^ Adding nothing to the thread except padding their number of posts. Get a life Troll.
    sorry, but the concern of this thread is a non issue. the pvp dailies do nothing to encourage worthwhile opvp. all they are is another thing to pve grind for shiney toys with "made in china" stickers on the back. once a player has max notoriety with the unseen, there is really no point to them any more. the fact that one of three is slightly less thoughtout than the other two only serves to display their hurriedly tacked on nature.

they could be removed from the game and the change to pvp would not be felt by most pvpers. the pveers might cry that they cant get easy pvp rewards any more.

the requirements for meaningfull opvp are known and have been mentioned in multiple threads here before. many of trions devs have even previously worked on games that have included that aspect of play. any possible implimentation of such opvp is completely unreliant on these pvp dailies.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I agree but if you do the time / effort Vs rewards. (someone can run the numbers) you will see that by currently ignoring these quests and focusing the same time sink into the areas such as War Fronts you will unquestionably obtain drastically more favor. They really cannot lower the favor as it is so low now most of us ignore War Fronts when they do not have bonuses.
    Correct, if you completely ignore the quests, you will (for pvp purposes) have a garbage set of essences and no synergy crystal. It's totally worth it to skip the dailies for that extra favor.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-17-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Correct, if you completely ignore the quests, you will (for pvp purposes) have a garbage set of essences and no synergy crystal. It's totally worth it to skip the dailies for that extra favor.
    you can get more unseen notoriety faster farming pvp rifts. the pvp flower picking can be safely ignored for these purposes.

Maybe you could stop whining? And please when you make another one of your whiney baby threads stop claiming it's from ALL players.

Not everyone plays solo, not everyone minds putting 3-5? lol? times the effort in. Some players actually like the 'high risk' factor.

And the unreasonable number of kills needed for the PvE - PvP quests. That's to encourage world PvP.

If it's all so hard why are you on a PvP shard?

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Maybe you could stop whining? And please when you make another one of your whiney baby threads stop claiming it's from ALL players.

Not everyone plays solo, not everyone minds putting 3-5? lol? times the effort in. Some players actually like the 'high risk' factor.

And the unreasonable number of kills needed for the PvE - PvP quests. That's to encourage world PvP.

If it's all so hard why are you on a PvP shard?
    Such anger, you need to calm down and take a time out in the corner. Wow Nerd Rage Much. Your reply has nothing to do with the OP. Move along and stop trolling for attention.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast