+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wheres this large scale PVP ??

Telaran

Default Wheres this large scale PVP ??

Please make a large zone with pvp on both servers with some kind of objective.. ya i miss daoc these warfronts are getting old !

you're preaching to the choir.

but before they even begin considering a pvp zone, they need to re-work death/graveyard mechanics in the open world. currently it is inhibitory of strong world pvp
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Telaran

i just remembered there was a 200+ page thread on this before the game came out and it sounded like it wasnt too far off in the distance at that point just havent heard anything about it... so bored

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by vera1981 View Post
    i just remembered there was a 200+ page thread on this before the game came out and it sounded like it wasnt too far off in the distance at that point just havent heard anything about it... so bored
    This is one of the rare occasions where trion needs to get off their lazy ***** and listen to their customeRs we needs more open world pvp incentive!!!!!! make a pvp town/ zone what ever u want to call it? Just get your lathargec rears in gear, uber nerf and fail WF , do something good??

If thoughts is superiority occur, consume a hot pocket infront of a mirror.MAITAIN eye contact!
    - C.E.O of mmorpgonpc -

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    you're preaching to the choir.

but before they even begin considering a pvp zone, they need to re-work death/graveyard mechanics in the open world. currently it is inhibitory of strong world pvp
    and pvp tap
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    and pvp tap
    i've walked away from 3 people gang banging a poor solo quester because the solo quester tagged all 3 of them.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by snatchtastic View Post
    This is one of the rare occasions where trion needs to get off their lazy ***** and listen to their customeRs we needs more open world pvp incentive!!!!!! make a pvp town/ zone what ever u want to call it? Just get your lathargec rears in gear, uber nerf and fail WF , do something good??
    It would never work until they find a way to balance the factions on both sides.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    i've walked away from 3 people gang banging a poor solo quester because the solo quester tagged all 3 of them.
    yep that's pretty common. no credit no kill

red is dead

gray is ...ummm, can't think of something that rhymes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    yep that's pretty common. no credit no kill

red is dead

gray is ...ummm, can't think of something that rhymes
    Grey.... Just walk away

If thoughts is superiority occur, consume a hot pocket infront of a mirror.MAITAIN eye contact!
    - C.E.O of mmorpgonpc -

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by vera1981 View Post
    Please make a large zone with pvp on both servers with some kind of objective.. ya i miss daoc these warfronts are getting old !
    ummmmmmmmmm,its port scion didn't u kno?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Two factions.
    Population imbalance.
    Sounds like um...dumb.

I never get why folks always ask for some lame meaningless PvP like DAoC. Just as bad as the folks complaining about WFs and wanting Arenas. Oh yeah, more instanced PvP...lol.

FFA PvP. Guilds. Alliances. Resources for those Guilds/Alliances to fight over. Territorial control. Sovereignty.

SB, AO, EVE... you know, real PvP.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Toothsome View Post
    ummmmmmmmmm,its port scion didn't u kno?
    what he want is something more than 20 people.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Two factions.
    Population imbalance.
    Sounds like um...dumb.

I never get why folks always ask for some lame meaningless PvP like DAoC. Just as bad as the folks complaining about WFs and wanting Arenas. Oh yeah, more instanced PvP...lol.

FFA PvP. Guilds. Alliances. Resources for those Guilds/Alliances to fight over. Territorial control. Sovereignty.

SB, AO, EVE... you know, real PvP.
    Population based buffs for pvp fixes all of that just like it did in DAOC. On just about every server one faction was a non factor and literal ghost town. You are never going to get any ffa in this game. REal pvp in AO? Dont make me ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by SpinelessKC View Post
    Population based buffs for pvp fixes all of that just like it did in DAOC. On just about every server one faction was a non factor and literal ghost town. You are never going to get any ffa in this game. REal pvp in AO? Dont make me ROFL!
    Population based buffs... don't make me laugh. Seriously, real PvP does not have buffs because your side is smaller than the other. It's not a peewee fun league soccer thing for the toddlers... it's PvP.

AO... Notum Wars. You fought over land. To keep. To defend. Yep, real PvP.

As for FFA, nope - most games won't touch FFA - cause most players could not deal with it. They like that they can mindlessly spam attacks without worrying about hitting their own guys.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Disciple

I would love more open World PvP but I think Rogues would quickly ruin it for most. As it is to many stealth near ports and just wait for players to port in before following them then ganking before they can react. I find Open world to be a Rogues playground, and with their slip away ability they can gank with impunity. Running with a group is safer but for solo players it's just a death waiting to happen, and they usually linger near your gravestone to do it again when you respawn. So Trion would need to address that fist I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast