+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: When are cab's going to be put in line with everyone elses damage?

Rift Disciple

Default When are cab's going to be put in line with everyone elses damage?

Every warfront cab's are at the top of the DPS list.
    I play a cleric (warden soul) so I see what types of attacks kill people the most.
    It is either warriors or cab's.
    I know warriors are going to be coming more in line with the 1.5 patch, but what about cab's?

I am only rank 3 and just to see how over powered cab's were I tried a 51 point cab build.
    I got the 5th highest damage in port scion and I am only rank 3.

Seems they need a little tuning.

Edit:
    Saw this from a post below, and it about sums it up:
    http://i54.tinypic.com/5ehab8.png
    Last edited by KataSteel; 09-17-2011 at 02:14 PM.

To be a tad sarcastic with some realistic foundation to the sarcasm...they will be put in line with everyones damage when people stop clustering in groups of 10 and staying that way for minutes on end. ^.^

Albeit it takes some more timing, it's amazing what damage even my Sab can do if people don't move. But atleast Sab gives warning and people half the time realize what I'm doing and back away from the group. Cab is just kinda point and spray at the crowd, so it's way easier for them.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    To be a tad sarcastic with some realistic foundation to the sarcasm...they will be put in line with everyones damage when people stop clustering in groups of 10 and staying that way for minutes on end. ^.^

Albeit it takes some more timing, it's amazing what damage even my Sab can do if people don't move. But atleast Sab gives warning and people half the time realize what I'm doing and back away from the group. Cab is just kinda point and spray at the crowd, so it's way easier for them.
    Tough when they have a skill to pull up to 10 people together.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KataSteel View Post
    And I have this key assigned that lets me get out of that terrible situation. I have to bound to my "w" key. It lets me walk away from those 10 other people. Should try using that key, I know it is a bit hacks, but wouldn't you know it, it works.

- Ice_Hole of OMG Im Drunk

Unless my math is wrong or I am missing a bonus, Maelstrom with full points enhancing it pulls 5 enemies. Also it has a 1m cool down. I stand by what I said still. blasting away at a group of 10 people clustered together for minutes end is nothing even close to an ability that throws 5 enemies together every 1 minute. Also, nothing forces you to stay there once you get pulled in. I said the reason cabs get high damage is because people cluster together for durations of time. This skill has little impact on that sort of scenario happening.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-17-2011 at 02:31 PM.

That skill was nerfed. It pulls up to 5 or 10 (i forget) people within 10 meters together. The AoE on Tyranny has a 10 meter radius. QQmoar.

You should have seen Cabs before the nerfs. That was hilarious stuff. Made me glad I was a MM and not in the cluster of people getting their faces blown off.
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 09-17-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    That skill was nerfed. It pulls up to 5 or 10 (i forget) people within 10 meters together. The AoE on Tyranny has a 10 meter radius. QQmoar.

You should have seen Cabs before the nerfs. That was hilarious stuff. Made me glad I was a MM and not in the cluster of people getting their faces blown off.
    I did see them before, but they still need fixing.

51 warlock
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Unless my math is wrong or I am missing a bonus, Maelstrom with full points enhancing it pulls 5 enemies. Also it has a 1m cool down. I stand by what I said still. blasting away at a group of 10 people clustered together for minutes end is nothing even close to an ability that throws 5 enemies together every 1 minute. Also, nothing forces you to stay there once you get pulled in. I said the reason cabs get high damage is because people cluster together for durations of time. This skill has little impact on that sort of scenario happening.
    All that I read in your post is: Yes I know they are overpowered, please do not nerf.

AE class does well in AE heaven. Shock of the century.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Ascendant

Cab really isn't a good spec unless the team decides to huddle in the middle like a football team waiting to get ae'd to death. I actually completely got rid of that spec as trying to focus someone down in that spec is near useless.

Plane Walker

Find cab, target cab, watch cab implode, there they've been nerfed for 30 seconds or so.

Any class can spec an aoe spec and stand in the back spamming aoe abilities and get high damage on the charts. Hell, rogues sit around spamming fan out like rock stars thinking they are boss and get high numbers.

But how effective is it really?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice_Hole View Post
    And I have this key assigned that lets me get out of that terrible situation. I have to bound to my "w" key. It lets me walk away from those 10 other people. Should try using that key, I know it is a bit hacks, but wouldn't you know it, it works.

- Ice_Hole of OMG Im Drunk
    Wait, are you trying to tell me you keyboard turn?

I did see them before, but they still need fixing.
    Oh please

I'm seriously going to smack the next idiot crying for freakin nerfs upside their head with the very nerfbat they are whimpering for

Stop being bad - no really
    Last edited by Liandral; 09-17-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liandral View Post
    Oh please

I'm seriously going to smack the next idiot crying for freakin nerfs upside their head with the very nerfbat they are whimpering for

Stop being bad - no really
    http://i54.tinypic.com/5ehab8.png

Noooo this doesn't need nerfed at all. Now were is my smack?
    Last edited by Rexxer; 09-17-2011 at 05:40 PM.
    I shouldn't have to pve to pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast